• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the consensus on a guy wrapping long shirt or jacket around waist?

SamVimes

Just a recap, Gen Xers:
- Thought Joy Division was actually good
- Thought David Foster Wallace was actually readable
- Thought the mid 90s were actually a period of existential angst
- Thought "the Rachel" was actually a groundbreaking haircut
- Are extremely mad that Kids These Days wear no-show socks

What a brain trust that generation is.
Can another mod ban this man? Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Wait, like ankle socks? What's wrong with ankle socks?

they are part of the devil that doesn't exist handiwork

It's still trendy
http://teambreezyworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Chris-Brown-Loyal-ft.-Lil-Wayne-Tyga.png[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/224971/slide_224971_949912_free.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/224971/slide_224971_949905_free.jpg[/IMG

You're fine[/QUOTE]

3 people you should never listen to for ideas on things to do

It's still trendy
Chris-Brown-Loyal-ft.-Lil-Wayne-Tyga.png

slide_224971_949912_free.jpg

slide_224971_949905_free.jpg

You're fine
"Trendy".

Uses pictures from -2013.

Also these dudes dress cool (or did at the time), but most of their looks would not work even remotely on anyone but them. They are cool by virtue of who they are, though fuck Chris Brown.

Kanye especially should never be looked to for inspo since he always wears outlandish shit and is built like a refrigerator so anything he wears is probably hanging off him in a weird way.

SaikyoBro

I used to walk around town/campus a lot and sometimes the thought would cross my mind. I did it a few times, never got insulted or anything but I did honestly feel like I looked weird, anymore I usually just sling it over my shoulder and call it a day. I don't really associate it with "homo" or 90s, I honestly more associate it with looking kind of childish (probably because I haven't seen many people do it since I was... well, a child).

The utility is nice but honestly it's only a tiny bit more convenient than just carrying it around over your shoulder. I say it's generally a no-no.

DonShula

"Trendy".

Uses pictures from -2013.

Also these dudes dress cool (or did at the time), but most of their looks would not work even remotely on anyone but them. They are cool by virtue of who they are, though fuck Chris Brown.

Kanye especially should never be looked to for inspo since he always wears outlandish shit and is built like a refrigerator so anything he wears is probably hanging off him in a weird way.

The Kanye pic is particularly ridiculous because he's wearing a damn suit jacket at the same time. He's clearly not hot because he wasn't prepared for the weather. He's using a shirt (not a jacket) as an extra layer around his waist.

Kebiinu

Banned
The Kanye pic is particularly ridiculous because he's wearing a damn suit jacket at the same time. He's clearly not hot because he wasn't prepared for the weather. He's using a shirt (not a jacket) as an extra layer around his waist.

There's nothing wrong with that, lol. I have button ups that I keep around specifically for that around-the-waist look. I use it as an extra layer, looks good if you know how to dress.

Razorback

Haha, I wonder how silly all this fashion talk must seem to an alien.

"Hello fellow glib-globs, I enquire if it is appropriate to use the shlimshlang on my third tentacle from the right instead of the second one from the left. I did that in public and another glib-glob called me a shlinx!"

"The use of the shlimshlang on the third tentacle from the right was popular two cycles ago and therefore is no longer appropriate. But calling anyone a shlinx is unacceptable behavior in today's cycle."

DonShula

There's nothing wrong with that, lol. I have button ups that I keep around specifically for that around-the-waist look. I use it as an extra layer, looks good if you know how to dress.

That's not my point... this thread is full of people talking about doing it for convenience or utility, which is the exact opposite of why Kanye is doing it in that picture.

Top Bottom