• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Carr Registers Multiple "Nintendo Beem" Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taker666

Maxrpg said:
OK so the current title for Nintendo's system is Current.. I still like that one the best.

No.."Current" was another one of the mock-ups sent to IGN weeks ago..just like "Beem".

..so that's obviously fake as well.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Chiggs said:
I can't get a hold of the guy via the number he registered with.

Calling Australian GAF! Your presence is requested!
It's 5AM here. The Guy will be pretty pissed off.

Tron 2.0

Krowley said:
So the fact that this guy has registered a bunch of beem related IPs wouldn't necessarily negate that would it? Unless he also purchased Nintendowii.com and Nintendo3ds.com.
That is interesting.

The thing is, I can't imagine Nintendo had settled on a name that far in advance.

1-D_FTW

ahoyhoy said:
admeme2zmmq.gif

Nice work. Though I would have laughed harder if you had him saying "Stream?" since it sounds so similiar to Beem and that's what IGN's been insisting on.

Chiggs

Krowley said:
According to the OP

So the fact that this guy has registered a bunch of beem related IPs wouldn't necessarily negate that would it? Unless he also purchased Nintendowii.com and Nintendo3ds.com before they launched.

I still think the deduction in the OP seems pretty sound.

I guess if Nintendo so loved the mock-up he did for IGN that they paid him for his idea and then said, "hey, go ahead and register some domains that sound like fansites so you CAN MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY!!!!."

Kamek

Thank god. I really hope they go with Stream - it's been engraved in my head and some cool GAF mockup logos have sold me on it.

Krowley

Chiggs said:
I guess if Nintendo so loved the mock-up he did for IGN that they paid him for his idea and then said, "hey, go ahead and register some domains that sound like fansites so you CAN MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY!!!!."

Wasn't this registered before he did the mockup? Like almost a year before?

Epcott

Debunked in 200 posts... Achievement Unlocked!

But yeah, the next few days are going to be fun.
Why so much for a fake mock up and name? He could have given away 3DS's to the homeless for that much.

Tron 2.0

DCX said:
I'm actually excited for a Nintendo Console? Is this real life?

DCX
We're excited now.

Wait until they show it off with none of the games Cactus rumored. Then we'll be sad.

DCX

Chiggs

Krowley said:
Wasn't this registered before he did the mockup? Like almost a year before?

That's what the Coolio indicated, but I'm still pretty skeptical. Would be neat for Aaron Carr or Sean Patrick or whatever his name is.

Kibbles

Exuro said:
Here it is. The beem name being used in a mockup is kind of strange. Rumors have pointed at it looking like an SNES though no?

project-cafe-your-wii-2-designs--20110506024224535_640w.jpg
Hot. So this is an old mockup that had the same name? o_O

I wouldn't mind just "Nintendo" either as GameInformer is saying.

Tron 2.0

Epcott said:
...Why so much for a fake mock up and name? He could have given away 3DS's to the homeless for that much.
It's much more likely the Beem.com purchase (the only one that cost $100k+) is completely unrelated.

Wait a minute... I somehow thought Alan Carr had registered all these (thanks to the thread title) Is there any proof of this? I know he made the beem mockup and registered beemblog but apart from that what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom