• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LIFE: official trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Everything about using a remote arm to catch biological sample sent back from Mars is stupid. Technologically stupid or a dumb mainstream way to add excitement to the first 5 minutes or both.

That speech overlaying the trailer's back half is really oddly delivered and written. It only makes any sense presupposing that the discovered lifeform is sentient.

It reeks of a bad DTV sci-fi flick that stumbled into a sizable budget and some stars.

Yeah it spoiled the entire trailer for me, I'm not even gonna watch it

I laughed.

I'm interested, not hyped yet though. Sci fi presents interesting ideas and honestly when interesting ideas get fucked up I think it pisses people off more than your usual bad movie. Obvious example being Prometheus.

Also I'll be so happy if that black guy somehow makes it out of that scene lmao.

Busty

Banned
Pfft. Nothing about this seems interesting or different. I'm not sure how this really sells itself apart from looking like a remake of Alien via the technical realism of something like Gravity.

I'm also curious to see what tone they set for this. There had been talk that this would be a PG-13 and given that Sony are releasing this on Memorial Day I think this could still be the case.

Also, if God Particle hits in February how excited are people going to be for this in May. Eh. Not impressed thus far.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
fe5a2eca-8f5d-4ad0-8762-4f6ce8faeccf_1.7cd6de3dc591289e4144d87c58b9e8f4.jpeg

Busty

Banned
Evidently Sony have already decided to take this film from its prime summer spot and instead throw it under a bus by scheduling it for the 3rd of March, 2017 opening opposite Power Rangers and Guy Ritchie's King Arthur film. With Fox moving Alien Covenant to the week before Life's old spot in May it seems like the studio have little to no faith in this film being able to carve out a slice of the box office for itself.

Sony's sci-Fi thriller, LIFE, springs into theaters 2 months earlier than expected, dropping 3/24/17 instead of 5/26/17.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/805938904498991105

Beauty and the Beast opens the week before, and KONG the week before that, all but confirming that Sony are hiding this in plain sight.

rekameohs

Banned
Evidently Sony have already decided to take this film from its prime summer spot and instead throw it under a bus by scheduling it for the 3rd of March, 2017 opening opposite Power Rangers and Guy Ritchie's King Arthur film. With Fox moving Alien Covenant to the week before Life's old spot in May it seems like the studio have little to no faith in this film being able to carve out a slice of the box office for itself.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/status/805938904498991105

Beauty and the Beast opens the week before, and KONG the week before that, all but confirming that Sony are hiding this in plain sight.
Brings another meaning to "Vita means Life"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Looking forward to this next weekend. Good reviews so far. Let's hope it stays that way.

Also would be amazing if this is actually a Venom prequel.

Speevy

Banned
There's no way any studio is going to make a secret anything movie if that thing is worth more money when it's not a secret.

fanboi

Banned
Feed us some spoilers!!

Venom???

Give us the scoop.
Emo Maguire in space
?

This movie was amazing yo!

Massive spoilers.

The black guy won't die first! Actually the first one is Deadpool, which I didn't think would happen. His death is quite horrible.

The ending is that they use the escape pods (two people left, Jake G and a woman), one escape pod can carry on person so Jake as the hero jumps in and lure the thing into his pod and set of to deep space while the other navigate towards earth, during take of one of the pod is hit from debris since the station has been struck and semi destroyed from a capsule that docked and tries to send the whole station into space (this was a security measure).

So during navigation towards deep space the thing does something horrible to Jake, like really fucked up.

The other capsule lands in some ocean where fishermen sees it and goes for the rescue THE END

WRONG

the capsule that got struck was the the capsule with the women and she is sent into other space, inevitable horrible death.

The other pod is of course Jakes and you can see him through a looking glass where tentacles has penetrated him everywhere... like through his brain and whatnot... but he is still alive. The fishermen open the door although Jake screams NOOO... zooms out, THE END... of earth.

Yo, this movie man.

Might be the dumbest NASA astronaut crew in recent movie history lol.

But yeah, it's enjoyable. Not terrible in any way. Crazy how
Ryan Reynolds died first. Thought dude would be one of the last remaining survivors.

Also, how did
Jake Gylenhall's pod get to earth? I thought only the girl's pod got hit so Jake G's pod should have throttled off to deep space right?

Monocle

It was OK. Pretty derivative, and all of the character development was perfunctory. The eye of the storm moments felt super indulgent, especially the Goodnight Moon part near the end. Did that ever drag. Just show me more of the monster already! If the characters had been established properly, I wouldn't have felt so listless during that scene, I'm sure. I don't mind that kind of thing when it's earned.

Anyway, the alien was entertaining, and I liked the ending a lot. A fairly diverting matinee.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Movie was alright, wished it had some more gore, but it checked all the boxes it needed too.

Ending was nice though

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You joke, but it is odd how even though this movie is nothing like Alien besides the basic premise of "killer thing on space station"' people still call it an Alien ripoff/clone/etc

It's amusing, because I'm not really sure how to define the creature. I thought it was a pretty interesting take.

As stated, the creature wasn't evil. It was trying to survive after they forced it into shock and had to zap it to bring it back. Basically, the smartest man in the world kills it then attacks it. Followed by the next step with his buddy hunting it down with a flamethrower.

The rest of the film is them half hunting it down and in turn, the creature fighting back to defend itself. Since it knows they are trying to kill it.

Alien on the other hand was just a raw force of the extreme violence and sexual violence. It killed to breed, but also killed because it's projecting the upmost worst in humanity.

Most expensive B-movie I've seen in ages.

yeah, this should have been a straight to vhs production in the 80's :D

i dont have any idea how this got such big stars and a big distribution. But entertaining still, horror was good but the calm more personal moments felt really poorly made and not at all touching.

the cute little alien just wanted to give everyone a hug! <3

Ending spoilers:
Also, how did
Jake Gylenhall's pod get to earth? I thought only the girl's pod got hit so Jake G's pod should have throttled off to deep space right?

that was the
twist for the audience, they both do get hit but it's unclear to us which one starts to descent towards earth.

Eccocid

Seen it today...
Uh this is basically first Alien movie with different spaceship and err alien...lol
Well the Alien part is not just killer species in a spacestation.. Like how they crew always talk about their roles, the rules of the ship when it comes to emergency, how the alien needs human body etc..

Seen it today...
Uh this is basically first Alien movie with different spaceship and err alien...lol
Well the Alien part is not just killer species in a spacestation.. Like how they crew always talk about their roles, the rules of the ship when it comes to emergency, how the alien needs human body etc..
How is that unique to Alien?

Massive spoilers.

The black guy won't die first! Actually the first one is Deadpool, which I didn't think would happen. His death is quite horrible.

The ending is that they use the escape pods (two people left, Jake G and a woman), one escape pod can carry on person so Jake as the hero jumps in and lure the thing into his pod and set of to deep space while the other navigate towards earth, during take of one of the pod is hit from debris since the station has been struck and semi destroyed from a capsule that docked and tries to send the whole station into space (this was a security measure).

So during navigation towards deep space the thing does something horrible to Jake, like really fucked up.

The other capsule lands in some ocean where fishermen sees it and goes for the rescue THE END
WRONG

the capsule that got struck was the the capsule with the women and she is sent into other space, inevitable horrible death.

The other pod is of course Jakes and you can see him through a looking glass where tentacles has penetrated him everywhere... like through his brain and whatnot... but he is still alive. The fishermen open the door although Jake screams NOOO... zooms out, THE END... of earth.
Exactly what I thought would happen from just watching the trailer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Saw the movie.

Man .. that was a bleak ending. I don't like movies with bleak ending :( Same reason absolutely hated and felt really bad at the end of Buried. The final shot of the lady doctor just going crazy as her pod drifted into space was unsettling.

Also, how did

Well, Jake G has to manually control and keep holding a button/lever to redirect the pod to outer space, Calvin had forced his arms off of the controls, whether inadvertently or it being an intelligent creature (all brain all muscle) it either lucked into the pod coming to earth as it defaults to, or it purposely redirected the pod to earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom