• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg

Qurupeke

Katanagatari [END]

I felt that the anime tried to trick me many times while I was watching it. The last episode was basically the accumulation of all those tricks. My thoughts are a bit all over the place now, but my conclusion is the last episode felt like a sucker punch.

Best girl Hitei actually wins though. Amazing.

Kenstar

Katanagatari [END]

I felt that the anime tried to trick me many times while I was watching it. The last episode was basically the accumulation of all those tricks. My thoughts are a bit all over the place now, but my conclusion is the last episode felt like a sucker punch.

Best girl Hitei actually wins though. Amazing.

you and me are one of the few who weren't shook

Line_HTX

Re:Creators 01

That's one hell of a bug on your tablet there, buddy.

That weirdo stirring things up got those Vergil Spiral Swords. Totally a fair fight, lol. And she seems to know the outside world, our world how? There better be a good explanation.

John Blade

Still watching the episode right now but have to say, Sae Nakata will be a perfect Japanese Idol which will make all male weep if she does what she did in this episode. So lewdly and kinda cute to watch.......and now I feel dirty in me.

yokohama quiet cafe OVAs were a mistake
why do you think the budget was so low for the 2nd one

More bullying to come if you dont retract your treasonous post

What are you expecting from a manga which is very difficult to turn it into a short OVA? Are you expecting perfection transfer from the manga into the small screen under few episodes? That kinda silly for you to challenge me about this. Go read the manga (*still my favorite) and don't watch the anime unless you just want to see how it look like which is what I did and feel it's okay for what they can push into those two OVA.

tumblr_nsd67nuFSS1rxmai6o1_400.gif

blurr

Kado: The Right Answer 00

I honestly felt that the bureaucratic work drama would make this the better work life show of the season but it was only until the ending that I had to reconsider. Reasonably so.

The thing that captivated me the most was the OP, it has an understated and mysterious air to it, set the mood almost instantly. Not to mention the fantastic background score. I went back to rewatch it after finishing the episode because it kind of ended on a different note from how it began.

The contrast with the way it began and the way it ended also goes for its visuals, it switched over from 2D to 3DCG by the end of it, I was sure I saw screenshots of people posting it as a 3DCG show and was wondering if I was mistaken.

Kenstar

Still watching the episode right now but have to say, Sae Nakata will be a perfect Japanese Idol which will make all male weep if she does what she did in this episode. So lewdly and kinda cute to watch.......and now I feel dirty in me.

What are you expecting from a manga which is very difficult to turn it into a short OVA? Are you expecting perfection transfer from the manga into the small screen under few episodes? That kinda silly for you to challenge me about this. Go read the manga (*still my favorite) and don't watch the anime unless you just want to see how it look like which is what I did and feel it's okay for what they can push into those two OVA.

tumblr_nsd67nuFSS1rxmai6o1_400.gif
Just teasing you, I still like the OVA's, I read some of the manga

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mistakes are only bad if you don't learn from them.

So, really, it's not a problem at all. I've learnt everything I know from anime.

John Blade

Mistakes are only bad if you don't learn from them.

So, really, it's not a problem at all. I've learnt everything I know from anime.

I guess it come down to what anime show you watch and how much it have change during the time. For me, I don't follow recent show/OVA/Movie much on Anime now and just go through my big backlogged of anime I have in my collection. Getting though them smoothly now after few hitch of watching some bad or depressing anime.

Just teasing you, I still like the OVA's, I read some of the manga

For what it did, the OVA is okay. I think the best thing I can say about the two OVA is the soundtrack which I do listen to once a while in my music collection. Very easy listen for the most part. Also, if you never finish the manga, do go though it. The manga is interesting and doesn't rush you when you read it. Kinda easy reading at your own pace.

As for the show I am watching.....I am liking this arc but feel dirty after the last episode. Also, Junichi isn't smart when the main girl just tell him she doesn't want him as a big brother but want more than that. I guess this is why he was left by the mystery girl two years ago.

Kado: The Right Answer 00

I honestly felt that the bureaucratic work drama would make this the better work life show of the season but it was only until the ending that I had to reconsider. Reasonably so.

The thing that captivated me the most was the OP, it has an understated and mysterious air to it, set the mood almost instantly. Not to mention the fantastic background score. I went back to rewatch it after finishing the episode because it kind of ended on a different note from how it began.

The contrast with the way it began and the way it ended also goes for its visuals, it switched over from 2D to 3DCG by the end of it, I was sure I saw screenshots of people posting it as a 3DCG show and was wondering if I was mistaken.
The change from 2d to cg in episode 0 is pretty jarring but since the majority of the show is cg from then on it you get used to it. Particularly because as far as cg anime goes this doesn't look half bad.

Kenstar

I guess it come down to what anime show you watch and how much it have change during the time. For me, I don't follow recent show/OVA/Movie much on Anime now and just go through my big backlogged of anime I have in my collection. Getting though them smoothly now after few hitch of watching some bad or depressing anime.

For what it did, the OVA is okay. I think the best thing I can say about the two OVA is the soundtrack which I do listen to once a while in my music collection. Very easy listen for the most part. Also, if you never finish the manga, do go though it. The manga is interesting and doesn't rush you when you read it. Kinda easy reading at your own pace.

As for the show I am watching.....I am liking this arc but feel dirty after the last episode. Also, Junichi isn't smart when the main girl just tell him she doesn't want him as a big brother but want more than that. I guess this is why he was left by the mystery girl two years ago.
I've got Tooi Machi and Fuwa Fura in my playlist

John Blade

I have too many song I like in anime but few favourite.

Farewell -Escaflowne: A very powerful sad music which I still love to hear.

Eternal Wind - Gundam F91: This is so old and remember liking it before Youtube ever come online. Still a good song.

After All - Turn A Gundam: Might be the 1st English song from a Japanese show which I admire. Like the singer quite a bit in her other stuff.

Find the Way - Gundam Seed: If they is one thing I like from Gundam Seed it will be the soundtrack. Love this song when it 1st air during the show original release in Japan (Man...I feel old).

Lupin the Third: Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood -

This special was bloody. I didn't like it as much as Jigen's Gravestone because I thought the antagonist here didn't come off as good of a foil to Goemon as the shooter was to Jigen. The action here was really good though.

Michiko to Hatchin - Completed

I remember watching the first 10 or so episodes when it originally came out close to a decade ago was not quite taken with it at the time. I also missed out on much of it's run on Toonami so I finally decided to sit through a marathon it. The most appealing thing about this series to meet is the ever evolving relationship between Michiko and Hatchin. Just the whole idea that Hatchin more or less started projecting Michiko to be her surrogate mother but struggled everytime Michiko lived up to her expectations. On that same token, Michiko slowly learning to break away from her tunnel vision, and how the series kept being ambiguous until the very end over exactly how altruistic her motivations really were.

It also has that same appeal that Cowboy Bebop did where you know a lot of these characters have assorted histories and you only get fed details about it piece meal, leaving you to fill in the rest of the gaps.

Ascheroth

Clockwork Planet 03

Well, here's one MC that doesn't beat around the bush. Feels weird. And it's even weirder that it's not one-sided.
But my god does the character art look off more often then it looks right, ugh.

Also:
v8dqXxS.jpg
CcsNyKV.jpg
1cl2Hba.jpg

I call bullshit.

This has become quite entertaining now.

So I can give up on ever seeing Sword Oratoria and Grimoire of Zero legally here in Canada right? Amazon still hasn't posted it to prime and nobody else has it. I fucking hate they they are forcing me to piracy if I want to see these. I want to support the industry and yet I can't

Jarmel

Banned
Atom- The Beginning- 1

Goddamn this script is bad.

I can forgive a certain amount of exposition especially at the start but this pissed on the line as it crossed it. A lot of the lines seem redundant too making it even more egregious. This is just so utterly lazy of a script. I could tell the script was going to be garbage after how boring and perfunctory that introduction was which culminated with the line, "Robots don't have hearts." Oh and both the composition and background were really off in this sequence:
Come on this is sloppy. It looks like they found a cel somewhere and slapped the character animation on it.

John Blade

Just finish watching Sae Nakata arc and will post something about it. Also, start to read the ending of the games this is based on and the girl ending have alter a bit from the anime ending. Kinda wish to see the game ending in the anime as it kinda set it out from the 1st arc of 10 years have pass but all I get is this ending which feel odd a bit. Well...will post impression of the arc later.

PK Gaming

I finished Mob Psycho 100 a while back, and instead of posting my thoughts on it, I figured i'd just link to a review by my brother, who does a way better job of describing it.

Mob Psycho 100 is an anime that satirizes shonen stories, pulls them apart, and actually uses their tropes as tools for didactic story telling. With Mob, those dumb action tropes don't have to be just that, they could also be used as examples as to how one should or shouldn't live their lives. Cocky guys with super powers that think they're better than everyone are depicted as deeply insecure, supervillains who want to take over the world aren't fearsome killers, but are actually manchildren that failed to grow up, and those musclebound jocks that spend all day working out aren't mean bullies, but are instead people worth admiring because of their desire to improve themselves. That's what Mob Psycho is at its core, it cuts through the superficiality that defines the shonen genre, and actually arrives at the morals of hard work and teamwork naturally and in a surprisingly grounded way considering it's a show about psychics.

Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it quite a bit. A definite must watch.

kewlmyc

I finished Mob Psycho 100 a while back, and instead of posting my thoughts on it, I figured i'd just link to a review by my brother, who does a way better job of describing it.

Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it quite a bit. A definite must watch.

Good stuff. Second favorite show of last year.

Atom- The Beginning- 1

Goddamn this script is bad.

I can forgive a certain amount of exposition especially at the start but this pissed on the line as it crossed it. A lot of the lines seem redundant too making it even more egregious. This is just so utterly lazy of a script. I could tell the script was going to be garbage after how boring and perfunctory that introduction was which culminated with the line, "Robots don't have hearts." Oh and both the composition and background were really off in this sequence:

Come on this is sloppy. It looks like they found a cel somewhere and slapped the character animation on it.
Don't you be dissing my atom waifu.

Re: Creators 02

Funny how it took magical girl so long to realize what she was doing could actually get somebody fucking killed in this world. That said....I'm pretty fucking hyped for this show every week now. I fucking love the premise now.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism 03

Two ojous and double the desu wa in this episode. Everything I wanted. Her trying to get him to grab her tits was a bonus. I call bullshit on the MC's skill being a OHKO though. Hell ojou wasn't even hurt all that much unlike the first girl he beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom