• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

Bebpo

Banned
Oh wait, it matches us with other players if it's a 2v2 room and less than 4 people. That's interesting.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmmm, when I try to start it says searching for players, but nothing is happening :|
I think it means that it's searching for players within the room, not trying to populate it with other people. So in a Friend Limited room, nothing will happen unless someone joins and readies up.

Bebpo

Banned
I think it means that it's searching for players within the room, not trying to populate it with other people. So in a Friend Limited room, nothing will happen unless someone joins and readies up.

That makes sense. Well if we're not getting a 4th I probably need to change the room to a 1v1.

I'll try after ranmafan joins and see if it works any different as is.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That makes sense. Well if we're not getting a 4th I probably need to change the room to a 1v1.

I'll try after ranmafan joins and see if it works any different as is.
I tried tinkering with the settings and it looks like the only options for a room are:
2 vs 2 team free
2 vs 2 team shuffle
3 vs 3 team shuffle.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't find a way to set it to a premade 3v3 or 1v1 at all. I think the only way to play 1v1 is to do casual matches with randoms.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, let's see what happens if the 3 of us hit start match. I'm in the matching room currently.

*edit* maybe we just need to make a public room and play with other people. Oh well. I can at least set the size of the room to 4-5 people so it's mostly us.

ranmafan

Alright, let's see what happens if the 3 of us hit start match. I'm in the matching room currently.

*edit* maybe we just need to make a public room and play with other people. Oh well. I can at least set the size of the room to 4-5 people so it's mostly us.

That's fine, at least that way we can get another person at the moment and then when more people are online later we can try the friends room again

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I was playing earlier today with 2 friends and a 8 people room seemed to be a perfect size. We were playing together most of the time.

Bebpo

Banned
Uhhhhh

In a non-friendlist only room there is no way to invite friends....this is some bad online design.

I'll make a room that you'll just need to search for called bebpo in a sec

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, it's up
Joined. Although I think it's better to have it be shuffle, just so we can have different compositions every time, even at the risk of not playing together every time.

Also, I'm not sure we're all ready for 真剣勝負, ha ha.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks to these few games I got enough GP and finally unlocked Bright, yes!

Also, Frau sounds nothing like in the anime, but I guess that's how aging works...

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah that was fun. I did Survival after with Guntank and against cpu guntank is so good. Just hang back and fire shots lol

Tried Guncannon too, but wasn't feeling it as much. Kinda slow without the firepower of Guntank plus 300 vs 200 cost.

Anyone try out the MS-09 Dom yet?

That's always been one of my favorite jobber units, but I can't think of any games it has been included in. I am sure there is at least one but I probably never played it or forgot. ;)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Its a damned shame to see so many other models in game used by the AI for scrub units that are not on the playable list ・゜・(つД`)・゜・

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some of those 200 units are really fun. All the bullets, running super fast - I love Gundam Ground Type. Destroying 400 cost units with it definitely feels great and dying isn't that big of a deal.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Remember to fill out the survey, where you can complain that your favorite MS isn't in.

You can find the code in the game details when you press down in the PS4 menu.

Remember to fill out the survey, where you can complain that your favorite MS isn't in.

You can find the code in the game details when you press down in the PS4 menu.

Gonna buy 100 copies just so I can make sure everyone's favorite pilot makes it in.

lacus.jpg

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Was going to download standard last night but I already had some yen in my JP psn account. So I got the premium sound edition. Will will for NA version to buy Dlc.

Feel free to add me psn: michaelvash7886

Picked it up after work tonight as I planned.
Played around a bit in the various solo modes before jumping online. I guess my periodic arcade visits to play maxi boost have kept me not so rusty.

Still get my ass kicked on occasion but my Heavyarms and Barbatos are bringing home the wins. Mostly playing around in 3v3 which is less chaotic than I expected.

One problem I always have with this series is I can never decide between stick or pad... They both feel good in different ways.

Go ahead and add me: CometJP

ranmafan

With everyone mentioning using an arcade stick with the game, Im starting to wonder if I should try to do that too. I have one from my PS3 that hopefully should work with the game. Problem is, I haven't played a vs game with an arcade stick since the original Japanese arcade release of federation vs zeon. So Ive gotten comfortable with the controller, although I never really can decide if i should control with the left stick or the d-pad. I always find I'm switching back and forth and all. Maybe ill pull out my old arcade stick and give it a try. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

Parakeetman

With everyone mentioning using an arcade stick with the game, Im starting to wonder if I should try to do that too. I have one from my PS3 that hopefully should work with the game. Problem is, I haven't played a vs game with an arcade stick since the original Japanese arcade release of federation vs zeon. So Ive gotten comfortable with the controller, although I never really can decide if i should control with the left stick or the d-pad. I always find I'm switching back and forth and all. Maybe ill pull out my old arcade stick and give it a try. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

Its more of a personal pref thing. Im still kinda inbetween which to use lol.

My thoughts on the main diff for myself is if you can get used to the sensitivity of the stick vs pad you can get more precise controls from the stick. Though the pad allows for more options due to the layout.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
Personally I started using stick in extreme vs and full boost so I'm kinda used to it more than pad. In extreme vs I believe it was kinda necessary to play tallgeese 3 correctly and one other but the rest it was personal preference.

I tend to try and play with stick with the hope that I won't get bodied quite as hard when I play in arcades.

But that's honestly never gonna happen. I can at least hold my own in some games but never this one. Always been that way with this series.

Thank the kind soul of Deikun that I can now play this game online and no longer have to make a disgraceful exit out of arcades after jobbing hardcore and losing a match.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Now you're all making me think if I should grab a 3rd stick (sold the previous two), since charging and boosting sideways with some characters is really hard on the pad.

ranmafan

Its more of a personal pref thing. Im still kinda inbetween which to use lol.

My thoughts on the main diff for myself is if you can get used to the sensitivity of the stick vs pad you can get more precise controls from the stick. Though the pad allows for more options due to the layout.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I do like the idea of better controls so I may give it a try. it's just been so long since I've used one in the game. But if I want to play like everyone else here in Japan does for the most part, I should give it a try. Hopefully my stick works well still.

Like Parakeetman said, it's really all preference with stick versus pad. I primarily use a stick, but one thing I do when I play pad is to set L1 & L2 as a dupe shot and melee. It makes it easier to do charge A and charge B attacks while not really getting in the way of the normal stuff.

My stick, btw:

25019553585_f2cfddfcd8_c.jpg

I tend to try and play with stick with the hope that I won't get bodied quite as hard when I play in arcades.

But that's honestly never gonna happen. I can at least hold my own in some games but never this one. Always been that way with this series.

Thank the kind soul of Deikun that I can now play this game online and no longer have to make a disgraceful exit out of arcades after jobbing hardcore and losing a match.

Well you won't have to worry about playing this in the arcades as it's console only. You can keep your shame to yourself! :p

So, trying to grasp some of the concept of the game again. I've began studying movement after dicking around with some of the characters, trying to learn the ins and outs of weaving. That's a good starting point, right?

Parakeetman

So, trying to grasp some of the concept of the game again. I've began studying movement after dicking around with some of the characters, trying to learn the ins and outs of weaving. That's a good starting point, right?

I would imagine so since its directly connected to not dying which is kinda important eh?

At the same time learning what the weapons do and what can / cant be chained together is also fairly useful.

Then again its all baby steps just do things at your own pace. Otherwise you are gonna burn yourself out trying to cram everything mechanics wise into your head which will wind up killing the experience of playing to have fun. Same sorta thing that burns out new folks to fighting games.

muteki

Looks like I'm waiting till Monday for my special edition. They really know which tracks get me to open my wallet :(

Top Bottom