• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed |OT| Everybody's Super Sonic Racing

ArjanN

Current poll results:

1) SEGATA SANSHIRO - 2260
2) HATSUNE MIKU - 2135
3) RYO HAZUKI - 2134
4) Vectorman - 926
5) Bayonetta - 883
6) Ristar - 829
7) ToeJam & Earl - 645
8) Billy Hatcher - 504
9) Axel Stone - 425
10) Blaze Fielding - 413
11) Phantom R - 362
12) Selvaria - 318
13) Alis Landale - 317
14) Sakura Shinguji - 282
15) Welkin - 275
16) Ash - 255
17) Arle Nadja - 254
18) Opa-Opa - 254
19) Kazuma Kiryu - 213
20) The Chu Chus - 201
21) Sketch Turner - 200
22) Space Harrier - 189
23) Bonanza Bros - 175
24) Amitie - 134
25) Rag Rappy - 102
26) Jacky Bryant - 79

Bayonetta overtook Ristar.

Shaneus

Stupid Hatsune Miku is going to overtake Segata :(

But the main thing to note is that it's the top 3 that S0L will be taking to Sega, not just the winner. Hopefully, in their wisdom Sega don't instantly go for that generic anime crap and go for something that's actually a little different and interesting. Plus, Segata is awesomer than everything else on that list.

I don't think Sega even own Miku.

I mean, there's also licensing issues with Segata Sanshiro, but that's to do with using somebody's likeness. The character himself certainly belongs to Sega.

I have 214 stars in World Tour, and I've done Expert on all challenges in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th tours. The only one I'm still dreading is the Ocean View Traffic Attack, but apart from that, I think I can beat the rest of these without *too* much trouble.

However, I just noticed there's an achievement for beating all the Staff Ghosts. Holy hell. I've only played Time Trial on one level so far (After Burner's Carrier Zone), and I did beat the Expert Ghost, but it was a bitch, and I can't imagine doing this for every single track in the game, Mirror Mode included.

I still have quite a few unlocks to go. I'm only at around 116 stars.

The Panzer Dragoon stuff left so much of an impression on me that I went and ordered a Saturn (My old one is busted, apparently) and a copy of Zwei. Good show, Sega.

ajim

Current poll results:

1) SEGATA SANSHIRO - 2260
2) HATSUNE MIKU - 2135
3) RYO HAZUKI - 2134
4) Vectorman - 926
5) Bayonetta - 883
6) Ristar - 829
7) ToeJam & Earl - 645
8) Billy Hatcher - 504
9) Axel Stone - 425
10) Blaze Fielding - 413
11) Phantom R - 362
12) Selvaria - 318
13) Alis Landale - 317
14) Sakura Shinguji - 282
15) Welkin - 275
16) Ash - 255
17) Arle Nadja - 254
18) Opa-Opa - 254
19) Kazuma Kiryu - 213
20) The Chu Chus - 201
21) Sketch Turner - 200
22) Space Harrier - 189
23) Bonanza Bros - 175
24) Amitie - 134
25) Rag Rappy - 102
26) Jacky Bryant - 79

Bayonetta overtook Ristar.

Where do I vote?

stick it in your pants

Why didn't I think of that! I like this game.

Shaneus said:
But the main thing to note is that it's the top 3 that S0L will be taking to Sega, not just the winner. Hopefully, in their wisdom Sega don't instantly go for that generic anime crap and go for something that's actually a little different and interesting. Plus, Segata is awesomer than everything else on that list.

As much as I love SEGATA, SEGA would totally go with generic anime crap over him. Her quite baffling popularity is bound to be considered more by the higher ups, especially since they published a few Vocaloid titles and IIRC they did relatively well.

Ein Bear

The popularity of Vectorman is a bit of a surprise. They were great games, but didn't think the character had that kind of fanbase.

I hope Outrun is a good indication that at least three more tracks are coming as DLC. That would fill out to one grand prix cup, maybe one last cup for single player.

I like how the tracks change depending on the lap, but I wish there was more of them. Terraforming tracks is much more fun and varied than just transforming vehicles.

The Starlight Carnival battle arena seems way buggy. I had a bottle rocket ricochet off of nothing on a flat surface and KO me. Drones don't seem to drive more than a few feet before exploding, too, and it's WAY finicky on slopes.

Also on Race of Ages I was doing an online battle race and was stuck in "Ghost Mode". I passed through a checkpoint that was supposed to transform my vehicle but didn't, so I ended up falling through out of map boundaries in my car literally forever

I fell so far the shaders started to freak out. I must've fallen for close to a full minute. When it reset me, it reset me back in to a flying section but I was still in car mode so I was just careening down this big shaft unable to control anything

(Xbox 360 version)

DeVeAn

IMO the little things that are buggy glitchy, are just more signs that we need new hardware. It's not the end all reason but, too much is trying to be done on consoles that can't handle. Too many games in the past couple years have unpolish feel to them.

I've recorded a video of the AGES track using the AGES character for those who would like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO__ij9_N2M

You can even see Segata Sanshiro at 4:05.

It's a remix of the Japanese Master System boot music... that is fucking awesome. Track design is pretty cool, too. (Seems like all the characters that didn't make the jump got an appearance.)

When it reset me, it reset me back in to a flying section but I was still in car mode so I was just careening down this big shaft unable to control anything

That sounds kind of funny, actually. XD

Although I have seen the "reset with the wrong vehicle" thing in a YouTube video.

SykoTech

Really liking the track design. Afterburner, Skies of Arcadia, Starlight Carnival, all great fun. The new Jet Set Radio stage in particular had me say "woah" the first time around.

That said, a lot of the game feels kinda lifeless. The presentation is just really lacking, and the characters themselves are very stiff as well. Most of them don't even look happy during their win poses. Then there's poor, flagman Ristar. Looks like an animatronic.

Not on 360. Only the Wii U version seems to have Metal Sonic and OutRun Bay unlocked without downloading a key.

So does that mean the boxed 360 version has a download code on paper or something?

If I go out and buy the Bonus Edition 360 version I'd like it to be compatible with the save file I already have.

I know there's probably enough Sonic characters in the game, but I think ala Generations it would be cool to have Classic Sonic in his Sonic Drift car!
ibauScwFrWq9dL.jpg

jbiWNydsYqFsri.jpg

I'm really loving this game! Thanks Sumo!

Berordn

So does that mean the boxed 360 version has a download code on paper or something?

If I go out and buy the Bonus Edition 360 version I'd like it to be compatible with the save file I already have.

Pretty much. It's basically an online pass. I imagine they'll make it purchasable in the future when they're not printing bonus editions anymore.

Ban Puncher

I'll give a free pass to Hatsune Miku being in the game for the cross promotion with her being in Yakuza 5 and for some appeal to the Japanese market if it means I get my Segata Sanshiro. A necessary evil.

But Vectorman getting so many votes? Get out of here.

Tizoc

I'll give a free pass to Hatsune Miku being in the game for the cross promotion with her being in Yakuza 5 and for some appeal to the Japanese market if it means I get my Segata Sanshiro. A necessary evil.

Did you vote for Kiryu?

People why is Kazuma so low on that list? Come on now! Good job with Segata and Ryo though.

It boggles my mind as well, you'd think Yakuza fans would vote if only for the small chane of a Yakuza rep. in a SEGA crossover game.

I really hope this is selling well. It would be very unfortunate for this game to go under the radar since it's arguably the best kart racer this gen and it's $40.

Setre

This game is hard as balls. I want to unlock more characters but some of these challenges just make me rage. Makes me not want to play it and that's a shame because it's a fun game. Stages are pretty fucking awesome too, I hate flying though.

Tizoc

This game is hard as balls. I want to unlock more characters but some of these challenges just make me rage. Makes me not want to play it and that's a shame because it's a fun game. Stages are pretty fucking awesome too, I hate flying though.

For air sections, air drifting is much easier than you think. Also, Sprint challenges are beat-able on Hard.
Races on WT mode should be beaten on Expert since they're no different than Hard. Various non-race challenge can be beaten on Hard, ring Races for the most part are beat-able on Expert.

Did you vote for Kiryu?

It boggles my mind as well, you'd think Yakuza fans would vote if only for the small chane of a Yakuza rep. in a SEGA crossover game.

indeed, especially since Kiryu has his own vehicle now and do some pretty crazy stuff with it. Maybe someone should tell the Japanese fanbase to vote for him.

Kokonoe

Banned
Fucking finally unlocked Ages. Never touching World Tour Mode again, though.

Game is fun and all but World Tour is time consuming and tedious. I miss SEGA Miles and the shop where you could just do whatever you wanted to obtain said miles, and purchase which unlockable you wanted first.

Game is fun and all but World Tour is time consuming and tedious. I miss SEGA Miles and the shop where you could just do whatever you wanted to obtain said miles, and purchase which unlockable you wanted first.

But later on when you beat all the GPs and all it became just a grind.

Yeah, I quite liked the Sega Miles system from the first game.

With that said, it was completely worth it for Ages. I had the biggest grin on my face when it made the loud ass VMU beep sound effect you used to hear when powering on the Dreamcast. Definitely one of my favorite final unlockables in any game I've ever played.

Kokonoe

Banned
But later on when you beat all the GPs and all it became just a grind.

That's still kinda how it is now, just it was much less of a grind. It also varies if you played online or the other modes the game had to offer cause you also got SEGA Miles from those as well.

Collecting all the items wasn't bad, but I know grinding for the platinum license was tedious, though.

Yeah, I quite liked the Sega Miles system from the first game.

With that said, it was completely worth it for Ages. I had the biggest grin on my face when it made the loud ass VMU beep sound effect you used to hear when powering on the Dreamcast. Definitely one of my favorite final unlockables in any game I've ever played.

Ah, I need to work on this tomorrow when I install the rental Sonic Transform I'll be picking up for 360. My disc is scratched, but once I install the game to the 360 I'll be able to play again. Dreamcast VMUs were so fun to use, as was the Tamagotchi Chao Garden.

Top Bottom