• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Alive [Ubisoft] full game leaked - new screens + video

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Could have been cool, a post apocalyptic Disaster: Day of Crisis where instead of just saving people and such you also try to survive and interact in STALKER-ish ways with NPCs.

ArjanN

Looks kinda like the new Alone in the Dark (which makes sense I guess) It also looks like a super early in development version.

Dmax3901

BigJiantRobut said:
But really, I have a secret identity. I am the Dubstep Ambassador

mdcq7.jpg

beat

according to the host of JeuxFrance's "Warpzone" show (who claims to have been informed directly from the creator herself, Jade Raymond)
The head of Ubi Toronto? I thought I Am Alive was an Ubi Shanghai production?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
beat said:
The head of Ubi Toronto? I thought I Am Alive was an Ubi Shanghai production?
I am Alive was at first being worked on by Darkworks for Ubisoft, then shifted to Ubi Shanghai. Ubisoft has denied multiple times that Jade Raymond had anything to do with that game (she works on the new Splinter Cell).

Mista Koo

shidoshi said:
Bigger-budget Disaster Report? YES!

Me seeing the game has a decent amount of combat? NO!

Maybe I won't be sad that I'll probably never get to play it. I still would like to, though, even if it does feel the need to insert pointless combat.
This.

Also the lack of color looks stupid, it's like the next gen version of the next gen filter.

When i first heard about this i was really pumped but not now. Looks like a cross between Left 4 Dead and Uncharted but not nearly as good as either one of them.

legacyzero

Banned
I dont understand all the hate for the 'low color'... Sometimes it's just necessary. I remember when I loved the lack of color in Gears of War. It really helped sell humanity's decline and desperation for me.

legacyzero said:
I dont understand all the hate for the 'low color'... Sometimes it's just necessary. I remember when I loved the lack of color in Gears of War. It really helped sell humanity's decline and desperation for me.

People like pretty shiny things over atmosphere and character.

mollipen

fredrancour said:
How is combat pointless? People turning violent over limited resources totally makes sense if this game is a long-term survival thing and not just about surviving disasters as they happen.

Because, to me, it's another game that feels like it has to have violence to justify itself when it doesn't. Disaster Report was awesome through most of the game because it was just about survival, and then at the end it got stupid because it felt like it needed to have "enemies". Raw Danger was awesome because it was always about survival and helping people, and never once felt the need to present any sort of villains or combat.

Why can't it be about people coming together and trying to survive the disaster, instead of the cliche "everything goes to hell and it's survival of the fittest"? Think about 9/11, or the recent events in Japan - those events showed how wonderful people can be, and how in times of need we'll really come together and help one another.

If you aren't lazy/stupid, you can make a game that's fun and interesting and meaningful without having to resort to "now kill some dudes".

thcsquad

shidoshi said:
Bigger-budget Disaster Report? YES!

Me seeing the game has a decent amount of combat? NO!

I don't like to be cynical, but I think the bigger budget is the reason combat was thrown in. And it's not just Ubisoft's fault, I doubt any publisher would sink that kind of budget into a Disaster Report game.

I should be doing hw said:
Hype dead, that gameplay looks tired, same with the actual current execution of the concept.

The game looks ugly as sin Darkworks trailer artstyle.
Depressing shit doesn't always have to be gray and dark.

dragonelite said:
The game looks ugly as sin Darkworks trailer artstyle.
Depressing shit doesn't always have to be gray and dark.
I'm not even judging it on it's graphics or art style, which wouldn't be fair at this point if what we are looking at is an old build, the gameplay as it stands there looks shit. I doen't look fun to play, I don't even want to try it.

Enco

Visualante said:
Gamification in that trailer lol.

That looks like the worst thing I've seen in years. My condolences to those who work on it.
Yup. Feel sorry for those guys. Completely wasted time.

That picture of him looking down on the city is laughable.

Top Bottom