• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting Released for Virtual Boy

I haven't seen the PC Engine version but I don't think there's any 8-bit version of SF2 with solid gameplay. 8-bit versions of the game tended to have very choppy movement & animations and poor collision detection.

PCE version felt about as good as the 16-bit ports. Responsive and had a great framerate.

goldenpp72

It's funny that people sometimes wish the virtual boy lived longer.. I'm glad it died as soon as it did, even if it had a few good games (I own one) all of them would be better played on a different device. Truly a pointless system, but this is cool on a novel level. Someone should do a repro cart for it :p

Endesu

Virtual Boy was such a beautiful failure.

Didn't know VB homebrew was a proper scene, but I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it now!

This is really, really awesome... and makes me wish I had a Flashboy (or Flashboy+) as well. It's too bad that they're so hard to find and expensive... but yeah, awesome work. I presume that it's 3d, so the characters are in front of the background, yes? Pretty great if it is.

The heck? A homebrew ROM that DOESN'T work on the emulator? Are the emus for VB just not very robust due to the slim library?
Yeah, VB emulation leaves quite a bit to be desired.

This is beautiful (minus the flickering). Just goes to show what can be done if you want to. Whether there's a market for this is debatable, but it still looks like a fun project.
The flickering's because of the camera of course, you wouldn't see it with your eyes. It's just nearly impossible to take good video of VB games.

I thought it was already released??

maxresdefault.jpg
Lmao, finally a joke I understand.

Top Bottom