• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Dynasty

So beat the lvl 2 raid. It was a muk, I managed to catch it, more importantly I got a fast TM, 2x Rare Candy and a Golden Razz Berry.

Rafavert

Wot! Managed to do a raid! (lv25) Had to do it all alone, though =p
Caught a pretty good Exeggcutor.

So, how do TMs work? Is it a move of our choice or random? Just evolved my 96% Growlithe... Snarl and Crunch =<

gutshot

It randomly chooses from that Pokemon's currently available move pool. But you can't get the same move again.

So in the case of your Arcanine, using a Quick TM will guarantee you get Fire Fang and using a Charged TM you will have a 50% of getting either Fire Blast or Wild Charge.

SuomiDude

What's the small icon on the top left of the gym badge in the awards screen? It shows Pikachu for me as a small silhuette, but there's no Pikachu in the gym and I haven't put Pikachu in the gym at any state (I also saw the same Pikachu silhuette in one of the promo shots). It doesn't show up on the second gym I've been in.

Alo how does the premium raid pass work? Does it allow infinite raids during one day, or is it a set amount in infinite time?

What's the small icon on the top left of the gym badge in the awards screen? It shows Pikachu for me as a small silhuette, but there's no Pikachu in the gym and I haven't put Pikachu in the gym at any state (I also saw the same Pikachu silhuette in one of the promo shots). It doesn't show up on the second gym I've been in.

Alo how does the premium raid pass work? Does it allow infinite raids during one day, or is it a set amount in infinite time?
The icon just means you have a pokemon in that gym.

Firemind

It tells you your Pokemon is in that gym. If the icon is not there, then maybe it left the gym?

One-time use. Just like a normal pass.

SuomiDude

Ah thanks both. I didn't have Pokémon in the other gym anymore, never checked the reward page when I had one Pokémon in each gym.

Ok, 100 coins is a lot for one pass, but gladly you still get one for free each day at gym, so I guess it isn't that bad.

border

I'm taking on gyms down town before a 4 star raid begins. And now only takes me 3 battles. Hmm
Yeah yesterday night I was able to kick out Pokémon with 100% motivation in only 3 fights. They ought to increase degradation of motivation over time as well. I still have a ton of stuff still stuck in gyms from yesterday.

-MB-

Great, did 2 raid, beat it but could not catch the pokemon, got 2 golden razzies. Go to a gym from my team, select a pokemon and before i noticed it ti gave away the 2 golden razzies.... SO go nothing to show for the raid now.

Dynasty

Tried to take on a 3 star Jolteon with 1 other person. Tried 2 times, got destroyed. Lol. I don't have good ground Pokemon

I took on a lvl3 jolteon as well, managed to just beat it. Had 2 rhydons, a golem, a exeggutor, espeon and lastly Vapreon. I was doing the raid with one other person, it took down 5 of my pokemon.

Growlie19

Finished my first raid! It ended up being a 4400ish CP Bayleef. A single Flareon defeated it and a single Premiere Ball caught it. I got 5 revives, two golden berries, and a Rare Candy for my troubles. Not bad.

Cess007

In the 2 days since the new Gym system, I already have 85 coins. That's like all I would get after a full week in the older system. I think I'm gonna like this new method

Man raids are like nonstop and everywhere where I live. People are going to have so many high IV tyranitars at this rate, although I guess a lot of people already do so it's nice for people who don't have time to grind out candies (like myself).

Man raids are like nonstop and everywhere where I live. People are going to have so many high IV tyranitars at this rate, although I guess a lot of people already do so it's nice for people who don't have time to grind out candies (like myself).

Yeah I feel like that might end up making things too easy. Not only that, but I'd imagine there being so many raids in high gym density areas would lower the chances of a bunch of people meeting up for one raid.

GulAtiCa

Just took down a Snorlax with 5 people. Caught it. We then as a 4 group tried to take down a 4 star Charizard. We lost. Oddly the Snorlax was easier. Lol

Did gain a charged TM. Used on my Rhydon and got Earthquake!

Quadratic

Fought my first raid today. It was a 4 star 22K Lapras. Luckily/sadly I have so many of them. Hopefully a Snorlax one will pop up in my area.

Finally met up with some locals who play legitimately. There were a ton of spoofers in my lobby though.

Yeah I feel like that might end up making things too easy. Not only that, but I'd imagine there being so many raids in high gym density areas would lower the chances of a bunch of people meeting up for one raid.

Definitely. I live near the Mall of America and stopped by there today and damn that has to be one of the stop spots for raids. Literally all 6 gyms are in a near constant state of raids and there is always enough people there at every one of them to successfully beat them. Might have to make a whole day trip there and try to get as many tier 4 as I can, although I don't have a ton of coins saved up for the premium raid passes yet.

Growlie19

Did a second raid against a Croconaw. My Exeggutor took it down no problem and then I promptly caught it. New dex entry, too! I only got some berries and revives from it, though.

elguero

Ouch I'm honestly concerned that the raids are too frequent in my area. Didn't have anyone show up to any of the raids I attempted this morning. Going to take some real luck to ever beat a level three or four raid.

GulAtiCa

Ouch I'm honestly concerned that the raids are too frequent in my area. Didn't have anyone show up to any of the raids I attempted this morning. Going to take some real luck to ever beat a level three or four raid.
Yeah. I find this is an issue they need to address. Having fewer raids going on at once would help a lot.

I was the only 1 at the Tyranitar raid at 1st. Had to wait for people to show up. We tried different times with 4 & 5 and failed. But once we had 8 people we took it down. I probably waited 35 minutes for more people.

zulux21

I figure level 3 or 4 won't be to bad as that might lure people out.

I have a level 1 and a level 3 one starting up in about 2 hours around me.

I will need to see what they are first, but there is a good chance I will go do the level 3 one as I want to test if I have a raid pass from yesterday and do a raid, if i can still get a raid pass today or if since I started with a raid pass today i can't get another one.

Local raid was only a Croconaw but I'll take it! Caught on first try too. Dammit it really sucks you get 1x raid a day for free.

I really don't have an issue with 1 raid a day for free.
I more take issues that I can't stock pile them.

I figure level 3 or 4 won't be to bad as that might lure people out.

I have a level 1 and a level 3 one starting up in about 2 hours around me.

I will need to see what they are first, but there is a good chance I will go do the level 3 one as I want to test if I have a raid pass from yesterday and do a raid, if i can still get a raid pass today or if since I started with a raid pass today i can't get another one.

I really don't have an issue with 1 raid a day for free.
I more take issues that I can't stock pile them.

Yeah that too. What if all the raids suck in your area that day? Probably is going to happen.

zulux21

Yeah that too. What if all the raids suck in your area that day? Probably is going to happen.

even beyond that though, there are plenty of days during the summer here that will approach 100F, and in the winter go below 0F it would be nice to be able to stockpile a few passes to use on nicer days.

that being said I get why they are doing it as they are to get people to spend money.

I will likely bite as I have a family member in town and it could be a fun thing to do.

JC Lately

First raid last night. 23k Bayleaf. I Got glitched out of the group so my wife finished it first first and caught it while I tried to get back in. Meanwhile our daughter popped a lucky egg and did a quick mass evolution rush to get to level 25. She Made it just as I got back in the raid, new group was just me and her. Made short work of the Bayleef with my Flareon and her Rappiddash. Only got a few gold berries for my trouble alas, but caught the bayleaf.

It was a fun time, but I hope they get more challenging in the future.

zulux21

It was a fun time, but I hope they get more challenging in the future.

I imagine they aren't ever going to get super difficult.

they will likely target normal raids to players level 20-25 needing 5 or so players to complete most of them.
and target legendary raids at 25-30 needing 5 or so players to complete them.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
beat my first raid soloed a 11k cp weezing caught him at the ending thinking it was going to have great ivs nope garbage :(

any way raids are cool but my fear is happening no one is showing up to these things they are popping off everywhere all the time around me i have 4 currently near me but the playerbase around here is thin

also really hate the 5 minute timer i was under the assumption the 5 minutes was to get a bonus after the fight would of been able to solo a 23k cp flareon but ran out of time each time i tried still had 3 pokemon left and i could get its health into the red

and on top of it rare candy only gives 1 candy was hoping for at least 4-5

orion434

Used my 1st Raid pass on a Magmar, got perfect 100% IV's. I then got another Raid Pass... thought it was going to be 1 per day, but if you got the pass the day before then use it, you can get another. Machamp, got the TM charge too.

So wait, the app says something like "You can get one free pass a day if you don't already have one". Does that mean you can ONLY get a free pass if you don't have one? Or just "in the event you don't have one, don't forget you can always get a free pass every day"? Because I wasn't necessarily going to do a Raid every day, so it would be nice to hoard the free ones for days I wanna go all out.

Top Bottom