• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

It might be a good idea to put each region's release date. Right now, I don't know if Feb. 14th is America's or Europe's date (though I'm guessing Europe because of the D/M/Y format instead of the American M/D/Y format).

Nice thread otherwise, though.

Helscream

Banned
Twisted Metal |OT| Shut Up and Bleed you Motha....

Twisted Metal |OT| It's Good to be Back.

Or better yet just keep it the way it is.

Twisted Metal |OT|

Real classy and neat. Twisted Metal is too much game for one punch line. Good job on the OT by the way.

DAY 1! JAFFE! BRING IT ON!

Pranay

Twisted Metal |OT| Shut Up and Bleed you Motha....

Twisted Metal |OT| It's Good to be Back.

Or better yet just keep it the way it is.

Twisted Metal |OT|

Real classy and neat. Twisted Metal is too much game for one punch line. Good job on the OT by the way.

DAY 1! JAFFE! BRING IT ON!

'Well i guess its better to leave it as it is then.

Izick

Good. I don't care if the story mode is worse than the old games. I just want a guided experience that takes me through all the stages and then shows me an ending with credits rolling. That's how I grew up on TM and as someone who doesn't play online games that's what I still want.

And yeah, the old games had a CG intro for each character, then you played a bunch of stages and then there was an ending for the character. Basically like Tekken. It was really cool for the time.

Totally agree.

I think Mortal Kombat showed that having a singular story is the best course of action in these games.

Not only does this give the game a better chance to have an interesting narritive structure, but if you're like me, and always play SP first, it allows you to learn the controls, minutia, and subtle elements of some of the different fighters, or cars in this case.

Twisted Metal |OT| Went Black But Came Back

Twisted Metal |OT| Road Rage For a New Age

Twisted Metal |OT| Shooter? Racer? Fighter? CAR COMBAT!

Izick

Twisted Metal |OT| Jaffe is definitely not working on this OT

or something along the lines of "Jaffe denies this OT"

Endo Punk

Twisted Metal |OT| Light'em up Boys!

GREAT thread.

What about that region locked multiplayer and only censored version for europe stuff I read somewhere a while ago? Is it true?

No region lock but there will be cuts for the Euro release in early March, fortunately Jaffe said the cuts willl be minor.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Last but not the least - Thanks Mr Jaffe for bringing back the game with a bang in style and not disappointing us by the demo.

What demo? Oh, you mean the one that still doesn't work online?

Pranay

What demo? Oh, you mean the one that still doesn't work online?

Jaffe Delivered the game what the fans wanted and obviously what he wanted, im pretty much happy with that.

Sure The Demo was unplayable for many which was a shame but i hope none of us will face such issues when game is released.

gibration

I'll be there day 1. Should be fun playing with and against GAF. I'm hoping with clan support it'll make it easy to set up some GAF matches.

Pranay

Sorry For the OT header , since you guys had recommend some really good ones in the impressions thread. And Also for the mistakes made in the OT. Hopefully i have fixed them now. If their are some more errors just leave a pm , will fix it ^^ and if you want some more stuffs to be added just do the same.

Im off for a while will come back later.

KAL2006

Banned
Will get the game day 1, though I am still not happy that the characters haven't returned with the cars, after playing the demo, it makes the vehicles feel like weapons instead of actual characters. The characters in the vehicles is what made the vehicles have so much character. I am going to miss Axel, the cop from Outlaw, the cool dude from Spectre, the sexy racer from Twister and etc.

Also not a fan of all the vehicles, a lot of them look generic and similar looking (Roadboat, Death Warrant, Roadkill). They should have added more different types of vehicles like Hammerhead, Mr Slam, Twister, Grasshopper, Yellow Jacket and Manslaughter.

Yeeeeeeeeees. It begins.

Nooooooooooooooo. Your girlfriend will suck your dick |OT| denied!
angry.gif

I like
Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play.
Twisted Metal |OT| Your Wish is Granted
Twisted Metal |OT| Road Rage For a New Age

See you all on the asphalt.

I'm tempted to pick this up day one, but I've been having internet woes recently and it seems like without multiplayer it's not going to be as much fun, since the single-player seems to be streamlined. Hmmm.

rdrr gnr

Dear Reader,

The gaming world needs for you to buy this game.

_______
Twisted Metal |OT| A Valentine's Day Massacre
Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. PLAY. (has my official vote).
Twisted Metal |OT| Went Black But Came Back
This is good too! As well as Ragnarok's suggestion.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Oh hell yea. Good thread. Since we're here now I'm moving my discussion here.

Sonys entire marketing team needs to be fired. I mean their releasing a new system in 3 weeks and didn't even run a Superbowl ad? Holy fuck. It's like they don't even give a shit.

It's really coming out in 3 weeks? I so didn't know that.

rdrr gnr

No one needs to be reminded of Sony's unwavering ineptitude. Their marketing team should be put on trial for corporate sabotage. Literally every franchise associated with Sony is hurt because no one outside of the core audience even knows of the existence of most of these games. I'm guessing Twisted Metal needs to do between 1.5mil - 2.0mil units in order to be considered a success, and maybe over 2.5mil to warrant a sequel -- which is not happening. Unless this game pulls a Borderlands or a Heavy Rain, I just don't see it selling as well as it deserves. And that's a damn shame, because this title epitomizes everything a core gamer -- disillusioned by style over substance -- would want.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
10 years and I have no money to buy the game at the moment :(

See you guys in 6 months.

Oh that sucks for you. I really can't imagine not having this game at launch. Nothing you can sell to get it? A kidney prehaps? Course a couple games or something might do the ticket too. lol

Donos

Twisted Metal [OT] Needs more regen health and rewind function
Twisted Metal [OT] Freeze.Turbo Ram.Play

Magnus

Black was the game that made me buy a PS2 when I did. Strangely, the franchise doesn't ignite a fire in my loins the same way...but I'd be curious to try it out. Will probably give the demo a whirl if it's still around....which I hear it's not. :(

Valnen

Black was the game that made me buy a PS2 when I did. Strangely, the franchise doesn't ignite a fire in my loins the same way...but I'd be curious to try it out. Will probably give the demo a whirl if it's still around....which I hear it's not. :(

You had plenty of chance...

Really excited for this. I remember Jaffe sort of confirming the games existence here

I just hope for a huge success, I really wish the Jaffe/ESP news would have hit much later.

Top Bottom