• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm going on the Sunday which I hope is a bit lighter due to Mothers Day. I'm meeting a friend and we're attending some panels. There's one at the Pilot focused on Food/Comics I'm very interested in.

Oooo what's that one called? I'm trying to fill in as many panels as possible between annoying my friends who have tables.

zroid

Banned
random tweets as ads is the worst development

i saw a billboard ad a couple weeks ago which was literally just an image of a tweet

Quadratic

Oooo what's that one called? I'm trying to fill in as many panels as possible between annoying my friends who have tables.
The panel is on Sunday at the Pilot on Cumberland St. Sunday @12pm
Looks Good Enough to Eat: Comics and Food – What kinds of stories do we really tell when we make comics about food? What can food illustration teach us about technique, history, family and diaspora? What are the unique challenges of translating a multi-sensory culinary experience into a two-dimensional visual format? Are comics an underutilized medium for illustrating recipes? Join us for a panel discussion exploring the intricate relationship between comics, art, and food.Panelists: Robin Ha, Sarah Becan, Jade Feng Lee, Kat Verhoeven, Emily Forster. Moderator: Lauren Jordan

Biff

I feel for Andy Byford.

Dude is killing himself restructuring a publicly funded, unionized behemoth of incompetence. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for what he's accomplished.

It took 90 years for the TTC to swell into the mess it currently is... I'm legit impressed with what he's done in such a short amount of time. He has made a real difference over the past five years. I have seen a notable improvement in service.

Off the top of my head:
- Way better, more consistent rush hour service
- King St streetcar nightmare is lightyears better than what it was before
- Way faster response times to unplanned outages... Either getting the issue cleared or having sufficient shuttle buses redirected.
- Early morning Sunday service (THANK. GOD.)
- Presto, while still a disaster, is actually functional
- The new street cars are awesome (yeah, he didn't place the order, but at least he made sure Bombardier delivered them to standard)
- Much better communication between vehicle operators and passengers
- Much better communication for planned maintenance

IMO even at $350k/year he's the only TTC employee who is underpaid. lol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Woah. Downsview is now called Sheppard West. $700k well spent

Edit: lol never mind. It still says Downsview

It's transitioning to Sheppard West.

Some of the subway cars will show it with the new name and I've ever heard the lady say it once or twice on the intercom.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I named those three companies and now I'm getting ads for them...speak of the Devil...

And now I mentioned Devil and I got an ad for a lawyer...located in a Walmart omg...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If it came down to them vs AT&T, Verizon, or whatever, I'd still support them.
If a foreign Telecom came and offered competitive prices without collision, I'd switch.

As it is, I refuse to go for Bell or Rogers internet. It's just too bad the third parties still use their fucking lines. I even stayed with Teksavvy when they were a few dollars more expensive. Well, Teksavvy reduced fees for everyone and gave a bunch unlimited - did fucking Rogers do that?
Thinking of going to Toronto Premium Outlets next week. Are the sales as good as its US counterparts?
Don't think I've really seen a great deal there but ymmv.

gabbo

As long as we don't have PR I'm forced to vote for the OLP just so PC doesn't win.
I've been contemplating this, even though I've only voted Liberal once in my life during McGuinty's first leadership win in 2003, and never since at any level. I just can't stand the idea of Patrick Brown coming in. Wynne might be garbage, but at least the things she's tossing out for election number bumps seem to be substantive in the long run if they stick around

gabbo

Well, that's why I mentioned collusion. 😂

Hope you're not affected adversely.
I dont really know much. I mean, my supervisor called me this morning, which is unusual, but he also said im not losing my job.
I'm happy so far though i've worked for one of the banks, now one of the telcos. If i work for the postal service, i think id complete the trifecta of most hated canadian companies.

Trying trade my copy of Nier for FF XV on Kijiji and dealing with some serious clowns. Arranged to meet a dude at a subway station. I show up and he texts me "Sorry, just woke up from a nap".

He still wants to meet tomorrow but I'm half tempted to tell him to go ahead and not show up myself.

Sorry needed to vent. Anyway thank God for the warrrrmmm.

gabbo

Trying trade my copy of Nier for FF XV on Kijiji and dealing with some serious clowns. Arranged to meet a dude at a subway station. I show up and he texts me "Sorry, just woke up from a nap".

He still wants to meet tomorrow but I'm half tempted to tell him to go ahead and not show up myself.

Which Nier?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro confirming he will be storing up excess fat reserves prior to his winter sleep until the spring.
Yergoddamrite

Lololol. If it doesn't work out trade with me then.

dluu13

I don't remember who it was that was trying to learn coding, but during my job search, I am also trying to pick back up some coding and I came across this today:

https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-science/algorithms/quick-sort/p/challenge-implement-partition

This seems to be one of many different tutorials and they have integrated coding exercises that give you real-time feedback. I have no idea what language this is, but in coding probably the more important thing is to develop the logic and thinking behind it.

Top Bottom