• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

On the bright side Siege is the best multiplayer shooter of all time. But it's not very casual or forgiving. And it's best played with a regular group.
I'm afraid of that. I don't have a regular group and I'm usually more of a lone wolf player (not that I don't know how to play with a team).

My biggest problem with this game is I'm afraid this will die as soon as Respawn focus on their next project. But if I don't get it now I'll probably get it another time.

I'm afraid of that. I don't have a regular group and I'm usually more of a lone wolf player (not that I don't know how to play with a team).

My biggest problem with this game is I'm afraid this will die as soon as Respawn focus on their next project.
Well. Titanfall 2 is a pretty good package overall. And can be had for pretty cheap. It's not like you're going to fail to find an Attrition lobby in the next couple of years. Siege is only growing in player count it seems. And a sequel isn't coming for a while, I think someone reported that Ghost Recon Wildlands is set to get a sequel before Siege. And despite some uhh.. missteps... Siege is still getting fresh content till the end of the year. And I would be shocked if they didn't announce a third year of support.

Titanfall 2 has had a nice run of content and there are still a few data-mined things that are probably coming but surely the remaining continuing support will be measured in months not years.

Well. Titanfall 2 is a pretty good package overall. And can be had for pretty cheap. It's not like you're going to fail to find an Attrition lobby in the next couple of years. Siege is only growing in player count it seems. And a sequel isn't coming for a while, I think someone reported that Ghost Recon Wildlands is set to get a sequel before Siege. And despite some uhh.. missteps... Siege is still getting fresh content till the end of the year. And I would be shocked if they didn't announce a third year of support.

Titanfall 2 has had a nice run of content and there are still a few data-mined things that are probably coming but surely the remaining continuing support will be measured in months not years.
I can see Siege running for another year - maximum 2 years. But Titanfall 2 dies this year in terms of support. Looks like a great twitch shooter nonetheless.

the_big_country

Neo Member
Sure but does it actually change the stat?

Playing Frontier Defense makes the "last 10 games" graph look terrible for your k/d against pilots, but shouldn't meaningfully change that stat. It definitely changes k/d against pilots and AI though, as that number shot up for me after playing FD last night.

Izuna

Banned
03lT5Nt.jpg

Paid to play Campaign again :D

This is the best shit ever

god I fucking LOVE this campaign <3

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to get the Aegis leveled up for Scorch but also Ronin and Legion.

I reiterate my point from months ago, I wish I loved playing pilots as much as I did the titans.

Aim assist changes are laughable. It still snaps to target and pulls.

TTK is largely the same but Im seeing more people with the Spitfire lol

Arrrammis

I havent tried Ronin yet, all i could think was, damn he wouldnt last long at all lol

Northstar lasts shorter

Izuna attacking 3 nuke titans at close range while I snipe them across the map makes me feel like this is false.

Bonus points for Izuna planning on nuke ejecting on them, forgetting that he unequipped nuke eject :p

Anyone who dies faster as Northstar than they do as Ronin in FD is probably playing at least one of them wrong

Izuna

Banned
... I hate that this update came out on the same day as Nioh. I'm gunna be underlevelled on all platforms haha but oh wells

I hope they let you play higher difficulties so long as one person is high enough rank. That would allow friends to help each other out.

Arrrammis

Man, people love to leave frontier defense games after the first wave apparently. Finish a wave with no issues, then suddenly you're 3-manning the waves against a legion
hehehe
of nuke titans.

Also, once again I got glitched so that I could only use my basic abilities, look around, dash, and shoot while in my titan, but I could not eject, core, move normally, or manually reload. Will add video when it finished uploading for anyone who wants to look into the cause/situation of the glitch.

Here's the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axYXfDaf5yQ
The glitch happens around 15 seconds in, I just included the rest of the clip to show what you can and cannot do, how annoying the glitch is, and that it completely fixes itself after you respawn.

How much faster do you level with warpaint

I thought it was 1 merit per warpaint up to a total of 4 max per match (cumulative among all players playing)?

Not a huge difference in paper but I'm sure it'll add up quickly.

Surprisingly haven't seen a lot of ions in FD. I would guess his laser trip mines with the kit where it doesn't take energy would be popular.

grendelrt

Getting matched up with quality teammates. Top notch. The best.

I had an attrition match tonight where a dude scored 8 pts the entire match, I don't know how you can even do that, like did he sit in corner teabagging the air to his own laughter the entire match.

Noticed that scorch is basically stealth mode titan in a titan brawl match tonight, multiple times walked up behind me and I heard nothing. A couple other people on my team commented the same.

I thought it was 1 merit per warpaint up to a total of 4 max per match (cumulative among all players playing)?

Not a huge difference in paper but I'm sure it'll add up quickly.

Surprisingly haven't seen a lot of ions in FD. I would guess his laser trip mines with the kit where it doesn't take energy would be popular.

Ion, especially at low levels, does not have the power to quickly kill large amount of infantry, and her anti titan firepower is limited by the energy pool, at least before the two major energy related aegis upgrades.

RESPAWN: "BUY ALL THE WARPAINT!!!"
Yeah I noticed like 5 minutes after that post that the xp bonuses existed for aegis ranks. Really shitty imo, since even regular FD defense games can last like 30 minutes and you don't even get 1 level up.

And I respect that they made all dlc free but I can't even justify buying the cosmetic dlc because in total now it's up to like what, 100 dollars? I know to pick and choose and all that but the warpaint titan bundle alone is 20 bucks.

I bit and bought the weapon warpaint cause I liked the chance for double XP tokens. I wanted to support the devs for the stellar DLC support. Don't think I'll bite on Aegis XP boosters though. It's gonna be a slog to max level Titans even with it. Feel like Respawn was a little stingy on how quickly Titans level up Aegis rank. Oh well.

Ugh Frontier defense is factoring into stats for player vs player on the stats page. It completely bombed out my K/D for the last 10 games. Why would they include stats for a game mode that doesnt have other player characters....

There was a server side hotfix that addressed it, it will no longer affect your overall KD.

So like, xp codes were cross platform. I kinda wish skins were too.

Are you talking about those mountain dew codes and any preorder DLC? I think that's recent or at least not implemented at launch. Also, I have BF1 on Xbox which gave me the Red Baron Ion skin, but I have TF2 on PS4. The skin didn't use to show up on PS4, but now it does so maybe it's just the non-paid DLC being cross-platform.

Izuna

Banned
Are you talking about those mountain dew codes and any preorder DLC? I think that's recent or at least not implemented at launch. Also, I have BF1 on Xbox which gave me the Red Baron Ion skin, but I have TF2 on PS4. The skin didn't use to show up on PS4, but now it does so maybe it's just the non-paid DLC being cross-platform.

Nah, the Dew codes at and around launch made it so that when I logged into PC I had +100 codes and when I eventually got the PS4 I had a crap ton. It would be nice if there was a cross-platform way to buy this stuff (from their own store or something) so we can get it for all platforms, especially since the Aegis Rank grind is on another level.

I was thinking, some of these that give XP boosts should be rewarded by doing the campaign. That would be a good thing.

Top Bottom