• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Americans: Dogs are liked more and more popular than cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

I love cats. Dogs are all jumpy and slobbery and generally making a pain in the arse of themselves.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
This isn't really surprising. Who would honestly think a pet beloved enough to have the title "man's best friend" would lose in a popularity pole? I have both cats and a dog, I like both, but I definitely like my dog better.

Subitai

They're different types of pets for different types of people and different roles. When you're asleep at night with fido at the foot of your bed, your cat is out terminating vermin. Cat's that acted like dogs would want to hang around you all the time instead of go off patrolling.

ABC

Banned
I don't hate them or anything, but I don't know why someone would want them as a pet.

Because they are awesome, cats not only hunt and murder all kinds of annoying shit, are cheaper than a dog and you don't have to spend so much time taking care of them.

The poll is biased - they excluded guinea pigs and hamsters to spare cats and dogs a humiliating defeat ;)

I really don't get the appeal of hamsters, most of them are vicious creatures.

I'm a cat person and my cat is like my best friend. He waits for me to get home from work, sleeps on my bed every night, and he even played fetch when he was younger. Dogs are cool too as long as they don't bark a lot.

kaioshade

Dogs are fucking evil.

Although my brothers dog was completely awesome.

Much more into cats. Although they can be indignant little shits as well.

FLEABttn

Banned
Cats dont let you touch their belly.I dont trust animals who wont let you touch their belly.

My cats do. Maybe the cats you've experienced hate you?

--//--

I think a lot of people who don't like cats don't understand the cats themselves and the reasons people like them as pets.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Lets be honest, Americans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. I'm sure if they re-did the poll, but let them write in their favorite animal it'd say chicken soup > dogs.

DJ SLEV3N

Banned
I've learned that more pessimistic downer types of people seem to like cats. While optimistic generally happy people like dogs. Just a life observation.

Gannd

Banned
dogs > cats. just check all the yhoutube videos of dogs seeing their owner come back from the army. cats suck.

Angry Fork

Seth-Casteels-Underwater-Dog-Photography-10.jpg
vs

You decide.

I love them both.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Oh, it's popularity dictating quality now? So does this make Dan Brown and Stephenie Meyer the best authors, too?

Measley

Can't fucking stand cats. Especially male cats who piss on everything.

If you want a small animal to cuddle with, get a small dog. I got two pugs, and they're awesome.

Also Puppies >>> Kittens

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's comforting to see some sane news every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom