• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Man I'm missing out on the Yakuzie LP because of the sudden halt for P5 in my Yakuzie 0 playthrough

I was thinking the other day how I wish the P5 LP continued a little bit further. Yeah, in the long run I don't think it would have lasted, but I alteast wanted to see their reactions up to the end of the first dungeon. Oh well, just throw it in the pile of surprisingly few canceled LPs with Sonic Unleashed and the MGS4 lets watch.

Strimei

I'm not sure Matt realises that gypo is a slur directed at travellers/Romany folks.

Wouldn't be the first time, remember they were using Spago for a while without realizing it was a slur against Italians (I think it was?).

And to be fair, there's a lot of slurs for groups of people that exist that have either fallen out of use or aren't used in certain areas. For example, I've never heard "gypo" before myself. And I used to be a member of an official message board for a programming block of a cartoon channel (pool oriented, shall we say), and the S&P lawyers went nuts with censoring all sorts of old timey slang.

joe2187

Banned
True
Once watched him fight the same boss for as a girl that turned into a dude
Weird shit

Ah man, I cant keep up...his rythm game week was good. Never even knew there was a parrapa 2, or the second half of Um jammer lammy.

What game was that one?

Im watching his Gun Gun Pixies quick look.....and man....man.....man....that is the lewdest vita game that's ever been vita'ed

thanks, McDonalds

Oh my fucking god. I watched that movie so many times as a Kid and only just now became aware that it's literally just a gigantic Mcdonalds and Coke Ad......oh god.

Oh god, My childhood was a lie....

explodet

I'll bet that's the main reason they did a Vanquish episode in the first place.
Well, that and having another opportunity to laugh about the whole 3/10 thing.

Numb

Ah man, I cant keep up...his rythm game week was good. Never even knew there was a parrapa 2, or the second half of Um jammer lammy.

What game was that one?

Im watching his Gun Gun Pixies quick look.....and man....man.....man....that is the lewdest vita game that's ever been vita'ed

Oh my fucking god. I watched that movie so many times as a Kid and only just now became aware that it's literally just a gigantic Mcdonalds and Coke Ad......oh god.

Oh god, My childhood was a lie....

Anima Gate of Memories
weird shit

200th episode of the podcast next week
Better have senpai on

------

Tekken 7 releases on friday and they are doing next week and got some time to practice they say
We might actually get an FNF that's not scrubtrash?

tumblr_inline_om9xbm25tK1rhrvoh_540.jpg

I don't understand Pat's reasoning over not using stance switches in combat. Like how is it any different from any other combo string? You're inputting commands whether it's light > light > medium > high or if it's light > stance-switch > medium > high.

And yes, I understand the futility in trying to make sense of Pat.

Makes plenty of sense. Having all you buttons change into something else can be a bit much. I don't hate it as much as Pat, but, well, once I unlocked Dante in dmc 4 I wanted to go back to Nero as well. It is just not something that gels with me, so when it is as thing, it means I'm probably missing out on stuff (from a technical play standpoint at least), which sucks, but I can live with that. Pat is Pat though so he takes it to an extreme.

Fat4all

Banned
It feels so weird to be watching three different ongoing playthroughs at the same time, but each one is doing my sommit for me.

Good thing LA has such strong telephone poles to protect its citizens from Woolie's driving.

They were also smart to design their old timey cars to act as ramps for him to minimize the number of crazy hard collisions.

Though, it's worth noting that car safety being what it was in those days it's lucky if anyone has a seatbelt, much less crumple zones on their cars. He's probably killing a person every other time he hits a car.

Breads

Banned
I'm loving Yakuza 0 but jfc the audio mixing at the end title cards are scaring the ever loving shit out of headphone wearing me. It's significantly higher than the rest of the video.

ShadyK54

Catching up on the last few videos of the L.A. Noire LP.

Part 11 with Woolie getting kicked off the pipe & Bishop leaping into the line of fire had me in near tears, my lord.

Ocara

I'm loving Yakuza 0 but jfc the audio mixing at the end title cards are scaring the ever loving shit out of headphone wearing me. It's significantly higher than the rest of the video.

This happens in like half their playthroughs and im not sure how they havent bothered to fix it by now.

Is the recording setup too variable to just level it all out similarly? Cant they use the same volume maximums consistently regardless of playthrough? Am i expecting too much? (Yes)

This happens in like half their playthroughs and im not sure how they havent bothered to fix it by now.

Is the recording setup too variable to just level it all out similarly? Cant they use the same volume maximums consistently regardless of playthrough? Am i expecting too much? (Yes)
I think it's Billy not listening to this stuff on headphones or some sort of software issue where it doesn't have as big a volume difference as the final video.

Strimei

Man I really thought this SMS was Beast Wars despite the title of the video. Until things crawled out of the crater at least.

edit: Oh my god, this strategy mode. Pat wasn't far off by calling this a moba.

Xux

Minecraft Story Mode already seemed outrageously long when they showed the other episodes. What the heck else stories could they possibly have?

I'm so glad they stretch the definition of "fighting game" with this feature. Lets them showcase unique concepts like this instead of just "we saw SF2/VF and wanted that money".

They joke about the game being the origin of MOBAs, but the game did come out the same time as the Aeon of Strife mod... I fell like this strategy with realtime action/fighting battles hybrid concept could have potential if tried again.

Presently surprised. I had hoped they wouldn't be doing Tekken yet, although I had hoped they'd do 1v1 Phantom Dust matches. Hopefully in 2 weeks.

Also, I'm kind of developing a fondness for the "Fake video game you see someone playing in a TV show or movie" aesthetic as time goes on.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Fuck, Unholy War's intro gave me such weird feelings of nostalgia. I recognised the rhino thing, then the blue lizard, then the weird flying shark bike thing.

I realised that I never had the game, but I remember the demo and playing the shit out of it back in the day; it only had four characters and one map, but it was aces.

Maybe they shouldn't emulate games if they can't do it well.

or maybe they should do it more.
Honestly, a lot of the problems seem to be due to mixing up button mapping, which makes me wonder why they don't just DS4Windows or something to use DS4s on the PC for emulated Playstation games.

Menitta

I really want to watch The Black LP, but I also wanna play that game. LA Noire is more or less GTAce Attorney right? If so I can get behind that.

joe2187

Banned
I really want to watch The Black LP, but I also wanna play that game. LA Noire is more or less GTAce Attorney right? If so I can get behind that.

Doing the Main story is fine.

Everything else is dull and lifeless, there's no meat to the game outside the story...the random street cases will repeat as well over and over.

Just play it like a linear game and it's a blast, really well done story driven game.

Menitta

Doing the Main story is fine.

Everything else is dull and lifeless, there's no meat to the game outside the story...the random street cases will repeat as well over and over.

Just play it like a linear game and it's a blast, really well done story driven game.

Works for me. I found it for $5 so I'm definitely gonna get it. I absolutely adore the idea of playing as a detective in the 40's.

Top Bottom