• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roommates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that (if you're the food thief) you could take the note to HR, and blame it on whoever wrote the note and had his or her name on the brownies. I call fake.

True. Plus I'm sure HR wouldn't like pot brownies being in the workplace period.

Yeah. Pretty clever way to be childish, lose your job and its benefits, aaaand get sent to jail. :p

Well not that part but the putting enough mj in the food that could set off tests heh.

Vandiger

Reminded me of this:

ZusAG.jpg

Psycho passive-aggressive.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
How hard is it to not be an asshole? I'm about to put this on my shared fridge.

cxbAZ.jpg

I know this feel so bad, my mates do it all the time, whenever they come over for a smoke they devour my munch, even when i tell them its my sisters or that its being saved for a special occasion, get a fucking minifridge man.. save yourself pain

Just tag your food with your name? If it still gets eaten, then your roomates really don't give a fuck about you and you would then need to confront them.

Axalon

Except that (if you're the food thief) you could take the note to HR, and blame it on whoever wrote the note and had his or her name on the brownies. I call fake.

100% factual

Nearly certain it's fake, I saw it posted on Facebook as one of those chain things, and when are chain anythings real? Still amusing, though, and relevant in this case.

alphaNoid

Banned
Timedog, why do you have a shared fridge? Buy a mini fridge for your bedroom and be done with it. No food in common areas means 100% control.

Man up instead of writing a note like a big baby.

Or even write a little bit nicer note.

"Hey roomies! If you're interested in some of my food, I'd probably be willing to share, but could you please ask me first? I just hate filling my bowl of cereal and finding all the milk gone.

Also, GO (Whatever your college sports team name is)!!"

Sure, if you prefer to look like a total chump incapable of solving things the normal way.
I'd rather come off as a chump, than a dickhead that has to chastise someone like a parent, because theirs didn't teach them to not take what they didn't own.

When I shared an apartment, I roomed with civilized people. If we wanted something to eat that wasn't ours, we'd ask.

The answer was rarely negative, much less harsh (either "sure" or "I would, but I really want it"), unlike the issues that would occur with asking a cohabitant to respect simple boundaries.

If someone lacks the decency to be courteous with other people's stuff, why should anyone expect a reasonable discourse? They've already made apparent how little they think of you.

Drencrom

Just recently started tagging my food, I really don't want to be that guy but if that's what it takes to ensure that my food won't be eaten then fuck it.

If you live in a place where you have separate rooms, there is no reason you should not have a mini fridge.

Yeah I need to get hold of one.

commedieu

Banned
currently waiting to find out if the chicken that my roomates dog ate(left it on my desk, god damn you popeyes), is going to kill him. Was a few weeks ago, and hes been pooping fine... but he has had health issues in the past..

Man.

Sweet ass place too :\

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't have a shared fridge because my room is disgustingly tiny. I'm moving into a one bedroom apt in a month and a half anyway, so it won't be such a problem.

abusori

See I thought you were going to complain about your douche roommate who left that note on the fridge and I had my post planned in my head. That twist! Now I don't know what to say.

I am going to eat all of your pizza then write a note about how I did it with no remorse and leave it inside the empty pizza box so you think pizza is left, open said box and find the note.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Read the thread, talking to them is definitely the right idea. Although if your roommates keep eating your food, I'd leave the note...all over the house.

I am going to eat all of your pizza then write a note about how I did it with no remorse and leave it inside the empty pizza box so you think pizza is left, open said box and find the note.

This is just to say
I have eaten
The slices of pizza
That were in
The refrigerator

And which
you were probably
saving
For breakfast lunch and dinner

Forgive me
They were delicious
So tasty
And cold

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it would be impossible for me to take you seriously if you have to include 'you do not want this' in brackets.

slider

EDIT: ^^ Do your flatmates know you well?

Wow, people treating a house/flatmate like a punk. Don't stand for it and maybe worth asking yourself why it happened.

I have nothing more substantive cos I've only had a few flatmates and they never gave me trouble.

How many roommates are we talking about here? I've been there, had 5 roomies once. This was a big pain in the ass. Eventually they stopped, I think I put a note on a couple of my things.

commedieu

Banned
Its just inconsiderate & disrespectful to eat & not replace shit. Sure, there might be a drunk night with a foul or two on some hotwings.. but... shits annoying.

Maybe I missed it, but did you warn them already?

mr2xxx

Banned
Very easy situation

1.Stick your dick in your food , take picture.
2. After they eat your food post picture of said food and say "how ma dick taste"
3. Have a good laugh and no one eats your food.

This works 100% of the time 0% of the time.

or you could talk to when you see them, no note though. That might work, if not go the dick route just to be a asshole.

Very easy situation

1.Stick your dick in your food , take picture.
2. After they eat your food post picture of said food and say "how ma dick taste"
3. Have a good laugh and no one eats your food.

If he doesn't take you seriously after talking with him do this please.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm about 97% sure it would.
+/- 4%

Oh, okay. If someone read that note and because of the part in brackets, decided to not take the note seriously and willfully disrespect me and my items, I would fucking hospitalize them. I'm 6'6" and 250 lbs and during the extremely, extremely infrequent event that I get really angry, no one ever fucks with me. Groups of people don't fuck with me. No one does.

Ever.

Well to be fair, you don't really come across as a assertive and/or confrontative person, what with writing angry notes and all.
My roommates are not home and I need to fucking vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom