• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:16 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

Where the fuck is Nichijou?

With Kadokawa ;P
Line_HTX
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:18 PM)
Line_HTX's Avatar
Mike has an eyepatch, right?

;P
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:19 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Line_HTX

Mike has an eyepatch, right?

;P

I'm not chuuni!
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(05-19-2017, 04:20 PM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

With Kadokawa ;P

:(

The Chuunibyou movie has already disappointed me. With that title I expected this



kewlmyc
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:31 PM)
kewlmyc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Articalys

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.

Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

Shit, now Take on Me is stuck in my head.

I hope it's the Opening theme.
Line_HTX
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:45 PM)
Line_HTX's Avatar
In a day or two~~~
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:51 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Line_HTX

In a day or two~~~

You gonna karaoke in Japan? ;P
blurr
Member
(05-19-2017, 04:53 PM)
blurr's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

:(

The Chuunibyou movie has already disappointed me. With that title I expected this



I'm gonna listen to this now
Conan-san
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Articalys

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.

Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

No Thanks.
Maximilian Kolbe
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:02 PM)
Maximilian Kolbe's Avatar

Originally Posted by firehawk12

I just saw that there's some anime movie called "Blame" coming to Netflix soon... anyone know anything about it?

Just notice Blame! is up in Netflix now.
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(05-19-2017, 05:07 PM)
Trojita's Avatar
firehawk12, I am super disappointed you didn't know what Blame! was.
Hellwarden
Member
(05-19-2017, 05:34 PM)
Hellwarden's Avatar
Berserk 20


It looks like hardened jello man.

This is more or less a straight adaptation at this point, but with none of the finesse of a good adaptation. The scene where the trolls just calmly wait for Guts to give out orders instead of just swarming the gang is hilarious.
Theonik
Banned
(05-19-2017, 05:51 PM)
Theonik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hellwarden

It looks like hardened jello man.

It looks like a giant dildo.
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(05-19-2017, 05:55 PM)
Jarmel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Theonik

It looks like a giant dildo.

bumps for extra pleasure
Trojita
Rapid Response Threadmaker
(05-19-2017, 06:10 PM)
Trojita's Avatar

Originally Posted by blurr

I'm gonna listen to this now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
Line_HTX
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:11 PM)
Line_HTX's Avatar
Those bumps look weird.
Envelope
sealed with a kiss
(05-19-2017, 06:20 PM)
Envelope's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trojita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

still pretty much the best ever
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:29 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Envelope

still pretty much the best ever

It's Norwegian, so of course ;p
Cornbread78
(05-19-2017, 06:45 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
Silver Spoon S2 ep.8-END

S3 When? Those final few episodes were quite the emotional rollar coaster ride for Hachi & Aki but they lect things on such a hook dammit! I want more!!!! Overall, this was an excellent SoL series with excelkent characters that didn't fall into the typical crappy tropes that bring shows down. It's well worth anyone's time if they haven't watched it yet!
kewlmyc
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:49 PM)
kewlmyc's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hellwarden

Berserk 20


It looks like hardened jello man.

That's definitely a dildo.
Syrinx
Member
(05-19-2017, 06:51 PM)
Syrinx's Avatar
Hardened jello dildo.
e_i
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:01 PM)
e_i's Avatar
So Aniplex is dubbing March Comes Like Lion. Apparently, BangZoom is holding open auditions for it.
TUSR
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:28 PM)
TUSR's Avatar
When's Violet Evergarden?
phaze
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:33 PM)
phaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by PdotMichael

I'm annoying cat #2

But all cats bar none were a joy to watch.

----

No date so far afaik.
Last edited by phaze; 05-19-2017 at 07:39 PM.
SliceSabre
Catgirls in skimpy clothes aren't sexual, it's their made up MMO culture
(05-19-2017, 07:33 PM)
SliceSabre's Avatar
What's this about dildos?
Shard
XBLAnnoyance
(05-19-2017, 07:37 PM)
Shard's Avatar
Kado is a recap episode this week, I am sad over this turn of events.
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(05-19-2017, 07:38 PM)
Admiral Woofington's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shard

Kado is a recap episode this week, I am sad over this turn of events.

Recap episodes are the ww2 Germany of Anime episodes. Thanks for the heads up.
8 X 11 Printer Paper
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:41 PM)
8 X 11 Printer Paper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Silver Spoon S2 ep.8-END


S3 When? Those final few episodes were quite the emotional rollar coaster ride for Hachi & Aki but they lect things on such a hook dammit! I want more!!!! Overall, this was an excellent SoL series with excelkent characters that didn't fall into the typical crappy tropes that bring shows down. It's well worth anyone's time if they haven't watched it yet!

No S3 ever, the manga has been on and off hiatus (mostly on) since around the time the anime ended. Just read the manga Corn, you will not regret it I can assure you that..well you won't regret reading you will regret joining us in hiatus hell (along with HxH, Berserk every other year, Nana and other great mangas).
Terareflection
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:46 PM)
Terareflection's Avatar
So wait, AoT S2 is good? It it worth a watch if you though S1 was a bore in between actions scenes?
Szadek
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:49 PM)
Szadek's Avatar

Originally Posted by Admiral Woofington

Recap episodes are the ww2 Germany of Anime episodes. Thanks for the heads up.

The recap episodes in Utena are by far the best episodes, though.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(05-19-2017, 07:49 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar

Originally Posted by Terareflection

So wait, AoT S2 is good? It it worth a watch if you though S1 was a bore in between actions scenes?

Questions are answered and reveals are made, I think this season is exciting.
Quintin DM
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:04 PM)
Quintin DM's Avatar

Originally Posted by Articalys

They're making a brand new original movie for...

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqoYr68QgSk

In theaters January 6, 2018.

Ishihara/Hanada as expected.

Skimming the plot synopsis, something about Touka (Rikka's sister) planning to move to Italy and take Rikka with her.

I mean I didn't really feel like I needed more Chuunibyou but sure I'll take it. Hopefully it's better than the second season which was pretty disappointing in my opinion.
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:27 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by TUSR

When's Violet Evergarden?

Special screening on October 21st in Kyoto:
http://kyoanido-event.com/sound/
phaze
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:31 PM)
phaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Special screening on October 21st in Kyoto:
http://kyoanido-event.com/sound/

Sooooo it's a movie ? Or are they screening first eps ? Is this specified ?
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:36 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by phaze

Sooooo it's a movie ? Or are they screening first eps ? Is this specified ?

Not specified on that page, no. Only says Violet Evergarden special/advanced screening. No details, no runtime or anything like that :p
Last edited by MikeHattsu; 05-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(05-19-2017, 08:37 PM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maximilian Kolbe

Just notice Blame! is up in Netflix now.

Yep. Watching it dubbed because why not.
It certainly looks like Sidonia at least...

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

1)We can only hope that they do something about that in the movie, I guess it depends on the timeline and if they decide to let Rikka grow up and act like a normal human again.....
2) See below; Hasann is right on about Love Story. Despite the constant mochie talk, the story was more about the main ship growing up in their lives and learning to move forward rather than a standard "rom com" hook up story. I mean, it does have both, but the individual character growth for Tamako especially is what I appreciated from the movie.

Originally Posted by hosannainexcelsis

Tamako Market ends on nothing. Tamako Love Story, on the other hand, is entirely about change and the necessity of letting go of the status quo.

I actually meant the movie. I don't remember much about it, but doesn't it just end on a Jdrama-style train confession? Either way, I remember it being more low key than the Your Name ending. lol
Jarmel
place a shoe on my head
to reduce lag compensation
(05-19-2017, 08:43 PM)
Jarmel's Avatar

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Not specified on that page, no. Only says Violet Evergarden special/advanced screening. No details, no runtime or anything like that :p

Sounds like a movie as that would be super early for a TV episode but then again it's KyoAni so they might already have animated the entire show at that point.
PshycoNinja
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:48 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
A Chuni movie. Dunno how I feel about that...

Originally Posted by TUSR

When's Violet Evergarden?

I want to know this.

Originally Posted by phaze

Sooooo it's a movie ? Or are they screening first eps ? Is this specified ?

I thought it was going to be a show? Did I have that wrong?
Admiral Woofington
m'Souls, m'lady
(05-19-2017, 08:50 PM)
Admiral Woofington's Avatar
How's blame so far?

Been curious to read the Manga but the artstyle is so... Dirty? I don't know, it's not particularly appealing to me. But I've heard great things.
phaze
Member
(05-19-2017, 08:51 PM)
phaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja


I thought it was going to be a show? Did I have that wrong?

There hasn't been a clear announcement.

From what I understand the novels are a bunch of short stories so unless they plan to make a bunch of movies or animate just one of them, the tv format would be the more logical choice.

Originally Posted by MikeHattsu

Not specified on that page, no. Only says Violet Evergarden special/advanced screening. No details, no runtime or anything like that :p

Sad !

Eccentric Family 06

What I got from this ep is that people who like Benten literally go to hell.

Nice.
Last edited by phaze; 05-19-2017 at 08:53 PM.
MikeHattsu
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:00 PM)
MikeHattsu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarmel

Sounds like a movie as that would be super early for a TV episode but then again it's KyoAni so they might already have animated the entire show at that point.

Well, I guess they'll announce more details before October at least :P

Possibly as early as next month when the ticket lottery for attending is started.
Cornbread78
(05-19-2017, 09:01 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
DN Angel ep.23-END

That was a weird and wild ride to the finish line of this show. The plot made no sense at tine and either felt overly dramatic, or not defined enough. It was still pretty entertaing and they took the time to develope the main pairing, which really helped. Overall, I liked the show, but it didn't do anything spectacular to stand out.
Sterok
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:28 PM)
Sterok's Avatar
Twin Angel Break 7

Asking the hard questions. Why are there mirrors next to the stairs? Not much action, but I'm actually liking the focus on the twins. There's some nice build up and development for them separately. Twin Angels' secret identities are under separate investigations surprisingly. Nui is smart. Turns out they are robots. Which was kind of already shown before, but I suppose this is the confirmation that they're actually robots and the earlier thing wasn't just some random power. What kind of magical girl show is this where twin robot idols are more interesting than the main characters?
Crimson_Echidna
Member
(05-19-2017, 09:35 PM)
Crimson_Echidna's Avatar

Originally Posted by Articalys

After reading the summary more fully, it looks like the general plot is: in the last year of high school, Yuuta and Rikka are still living together but haven't progressed in their relationship at all. Touka comes back from Italy and says that since she has a steady job there now, she's taking Rikka back with her, so Yuuta and the gang start working on a plan for he and Rikka to "elope" before it's too late.

Sounds like a giant fucking skip. It's literally retreading the same damn storyline from the second season.
BGBW
Maturity, bitches.
(05-19-2017, 09:55 PM)
BGBW's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jarmel

bumps for extra pleasure

naweednrahman
Junior Member
(05-19-2017, 09:56 PM)
just catching up on Hero Academy...So happy to have given this another chance...The con smirks it leaves me. LAAARRRVVVV ITTTTTTT.
Cornbread78
(05-19-2017, 10:10 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar
Uh huh..

Originally Posted by BGBW

[img]dirty.jpg[/img]

Also, "PG" version

Last edited by Cornbread78; 05-19-2017 at 10:18 PM.
PshycoNinja
Member
(05-19-2017, 10:14 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by phaze

There hasn't been a clear announcement.

From what I understand the novels are a bunch of short stories so unless they plan to make a bunch of movies or animate just one of them, the tv format would be the more logical choice.

That's what I thought... Guess we'll know soon enough, though.

Originally Posted by BGBW

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Uh huh..

Uhhh...
Cornbread78
(05-19-2017, 10:21 PM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by 8 X 11 Printer Paper

No S3 ever, the manga has been on and off hiatus (mostly on) since around the time the anime ended. Just read the manga Corn, you will not regret it I can assure you that..well you won't regret reading you will regret joining us in hiatus hell (along with HxH, Berserk every other year, Nana and other great mangas).

Tears are rolling down my cheeks a little...


Originally Posted by firehawk12

I actually meant the movie. I don't remember much about it, but doesn't it just end on a Jdrama-style train confession? Either way, I remember it being more low key than the Your Name ending. lol

Essentually yes, but that was the point of the movie in this case. The main ship were stuck in the past and needed to move their relationship forward and grow up. Mostly for Tamako.. The MC knew what he wanted..

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Uhhh...

I had join join in on the cucumber party. I mean, I just finished watching Silver Spoon, so I know how important livestock and crops are to society..
Last edited by Cornbread78; 05-19-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Tools