• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
HeyBot Episode 34

Heybo musical was pretty fun and entertaining, Awesome Fine Screw was so underrated.

I love how Moeru and etc were there for his welcome home party lol.

Chigiru singing, sounded familiar, too bad no one in eng seems to update va lists or anything, jpn site lists him as a utapri VA so no wonder I thought he sounded familiar. More singing please.

Uchouten Kazoku 7

Benten you cruel fucking hag, stop toying with poor Yasaburo.

See this ending got me more than the one 1 or 2 episodes ago with Benten. Not because I cared more for this character, I hated both equally as much, but because
the daughter going to her cruel dead father's side is still sad

God why can't swag english gentleman come in and wreck Benten's shit again.

Wait I'm not in the know, what show are we talking about. Eromanga ? SukaSuka ?

Eccentric Family S2 07

So I assume Yasaburo was faking it in his speech
to protect Yodogawa ?

Benten with
a blood of another tanuki on her hands,
sasuga.

Pretty surprising turn of events all around.
Yeah Yasaburo was doing that. Benten realized it and
used the chance to fuck with him by making him join the club

She toys too much with this poor Tanuki who idolizes her. I fucking hate her.

Ascheroth

I've rewatched the Blame! movie now with my dad, so have some more impressions and nitpicks :p

First of all, it looks so fucking good. Bow down to the holy trinity of Polygon x Nihei x Netflix. Now more Blame movies pls. And a 3rd Sidonia season.

They really nailed the megastructures scale and atmosphere.
R9h7KkO.jpg
2RxCyOA.jpg
DOJP6dQ.jpg
Even the character models look really good (most of the time) because of the lighting. There's no clash at all between the characters and backgrounds.
The character animation is still a little stiff sometimes though, there's still room for improvement here.

The sounddesign contines to be stellar. Really meaty.

I'm not a huge fan of the music. It feels too 'epic movie'. Something in the vein of Sidonia would have fit much better. I love Killy's piano theme though.

Storywise the mid-part dragged a fair bit. Too much talking for a Blame! movie. I feel like they kind of overshot a little with trying to cut down the elusiveness of the source material and ended up with too much exposition instead.
Should have been less talking and more action instead, like the beginning scene where they met Killy.
I do like however that they don't spell everything out and leave some visual cues and offhand remarks to connect the dots yorrself, especially when it comes to Killy.

In any case, even if the story ends up doing nothing for you, this is still a must watch simply because the world it's set in is fucking awesome.

Monster Hunter Stories RIDE ON Episode 33

I hear Naruto Uzumaki! His va continuing to work hard even in this post Naruto age, nice. Tiger needs to come back for more.

The Numbers intro scene never gets old.

Just T

Uchouten Kazoku 2: 7

Great episode.

Benten and her mischievous nature has put Yasaburo in a tough spot of being a member of the Friday club, it's going to be interesting to see how that plays out. And just for trying to get things to calm down a bit. As for Soun, surprised his demise came so soon after his reintroduction. Because of this tanuki, Yasaburo lost his father and almost a lot more but still didn't want an ending like this. Wonder how this will impact him, how much blame he will put on himself or how Kaisei will interact with him from hereon. It's not like Yasaburo put Soun in that club nor schemed to one up him. Despite Soun being a despicable character the final scene was rather poignant due to Yasaburo and Kaisei's reaction to it and one another.

Eccentric Family S2 7

After her slight moment of benevolence last episode, Benten goes right back to being the worst. Tenmaya as well. As for the end,
I can't say I felt sympathetic for Soun dying, but it is a shame that Yasaburo will probably feel the blood on his hands, and Kaisei needed to witness it at the end.

Eccentric Family S2 - 07

Benten apologists are the worst.

The uncle had it coming and I'm frankly glad he's taken out of the picture quickly this season but Benten is still a cruel mistress for toying with Yasaburo and co. for her amusement. If she happens to be dead inside that merely explains, but not apologizes her actions. Damn if she isn't an interesting character.

Her and Yasaburo are both the chaos causing sort of characters I like so much. Still, she's a bad person, no matter how happily some most of GAF would like to get stepped on by her!

Qurupeke

My favorite episode of Dennou Coil was definitely the one about the beard.

So...

Dennou Coil 12

A situation where there are a bunch of kids with beards turned into an all out nuclear war and a quest to justify existence. Oddly hilarious episode.

Eccentric Family S2 - 07

Benten apologists are the worst.

The uncle had it coming and I'm frankly glad he's taken out of the picture quickly this season but Benten is still a cruel mistress for toying with Yasaburo and co. for her amusement. If she happens to be dead inside that merely explains, but not apologizes her actions. Damn if she isn't an interesting character.

Her and Yasaburo are both the chaos causing sort of characters I like so much. Still, she's a bad person, no matter how happily some most of GAF would like to get stepped on by her!

Bad people make the most interesting characters when they're well written, it is known.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Uchouten Kazoku 7

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

It's interesting how in Eccentric Family they are glossing over how the hell normal people interact with the supernatural. I suppose in the end it doesn't matter as the stories they want to tell don't have any relation to that.
Still, we have here 70% of the Friday Club that doesn't seem they know about tengus/tanukis/magic, and only in this episode they see the train levitating on air, they see someone transforming in an Oni and they go to an onsen through the a parked train which isn't even in ground floor.

So it isn't very clear if they Friday club actually know a bit about the occult but not the whole shebang, or in this setting human minds have a tendency to subconsciously ignore and forget things that they can't understand , or what.

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 16

Yukari is now firmly established as the best. Props to everyone realizing that people they know are being targeted specifically. And more to Yukari for knowing she's next. Yukari's lack of passion for this whole thing is showing again, ditching everyone when the store is packed. I wonder if she'll ever grow out of that. She and Akira continue to have good chemistry together. Yukari making Rio sweat before she's even certain of everything. The tea ceremony was packed with subtle development for both Yukari and Rio, along with Himari and Aoi's reactions. Yukari approaches everything with a simple elegance, yet isn't sure if she likes it. Rio being skilled at this hints at a more noble background. Lots of hidden hostility between the two as well. Interesting development for Yukari, being so good at everything means there's little she finds interesting. Amazing troll with the fake sister. How much did Julio empathize with her? Macaron solos Julio in both fighting and deception. Now then, is she going to reveal his identity, or hold off until it's too late?

pbayne

Blame

Fancied watching something else and noticed this on netflix.

Knew nothing about it except its based on a manga but First thing that popped into my head was "bet this was written in the late 90s" because it shares that exact cyberpunk, dystopian aesthetic of matrix, lain, texholynse etc of just endless samey wires, tubes, metal and blinking lights everywhere.

I really enjoyed it overall. The setting is obviously the most intriguing aspect and i thought they did a good job showcasing it. Very dark, cold and oppressive but they varied it up enough to make sure it wasn't overly dull to look at. Some of the shots just panning over the scenery were really impressive looking.

I guess the film did its job because i am interested to see what happens next. Not so much from a character perspective, i mean Killy (and Cipo) is fine as the mysterious quiet badass but that can't really carry a show ergo why he needed to be paired up with the fodder jomocks in this. But id like to see how they expand on the setting and unravel some of the mysteries set up sure.

Samurai Jack END

Hey I liked that ending quite a bit. Very neat and succinct but theres nothing wrong with that. The opening episodes were extremely strong - almost too strong to even follow up - but I'm really glad this season happened. Its good this can be put to rest.

very good meme usage. you are back in the shadow council

Just T

Blame!

That was straight. Polygon been pretty good with the CGI. Don't have much to say about the characters other than the one screaming Tae was annoying. Cibo was kinda interesting though. Know this is a piece of a larger story so if they do a sequel would watch but if they don't that's cool too.

KraytarJ

Eccentric Family 2-3
Great scene off the top with Benten showing dominance by literally stepping on someone, I can imagine how that went over with some of you. Even better scene at the end with Nidaime just not playing along with Benten in the slightest.

Eccentric Family 2-4
Pretty impressive furry little love story, especially considering it basically all went down in a single episode. Also the shogi match between Gyokuran and Frog Bro is probably the best scene in the series thus far.

A Silent Voice

I liked this a ton. Some spots felt a little rushed, but the ones that didn't were really great. Awesome art and animation as per typical KyoAni fashion, it's a beauty to watch.

Brame-u!

All I could think about while watching this is how great of a sci fi dark souls setting this would make. I mean a world where killer robots have taken over, with multiple levels to an ever expanding city and boss fights with different androids/cyborgs would be great.And yes I'm aware the Surge exists, but it's not quite the setting I had in mind.

Outside of that, seems like Killy is a Mad Max figure in this universe.

Re:Creators Ep 7

Celestia not my best friend anymore. Mamika now my best friend. Wonder what shark face is gonna do after hearing that information.

Ero Manga Sensei Ep 7

Another girl added to the harem. Will be looking forward to see more of her interacting with the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom