• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/apps/games/stuff]

Robin64

Does anyone know how to get XCXGecko working on 5.5.1?

"Since this tool requires pyGecko to run, it is NOT compatible currently if your Wii U is above firmware 5.4
again, this tool will NOT work if your Wii U is running firmware 5.5 or 5.5.1"

You can either repeat the primary or leave it as 0.0.0.0
Thanks.

Re. the DS game stuff...I don't own any DS games on VC. Is it worth quickly picking something up from the eShop, like Brain Training, so I can take advantage of the rom injection? Before Nintendo takes anything down or makes it difficult to do so...?

KingWool

Banned
Thanks.

Re. the DS game stuff...I don't own any DS games on VC. Is it worth quickly picking something up from the eShop, like Brain Training, so I can take advantage of the rom injection? Before Nintendo takes anything down or makes it difficult to do so...?

Yes do it now...follow the guide I wrote.

jrush64

Banned
"Since this tool requires pyGecko to run, it is NOT compatible currently if your Wii U is above firmware 5.4

I was reading on GBATemp that some people got it working on 5.5.1. Or except I read it wrong.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, no help? Can nobody tell me what's going on and how to fix this?
loadiine.ovh/ just freezes at a white screen for me.
I'm on 5.4, does it only work for 5.5.1?

yeah, 5.5.0 or 5.5.1 so says the website.

Are you sure? Because it's a white screen with an error for me too. Error code 112-1006 - Could not display page, it says. Maybe Nintendo saw this thread and blocked it?

Edit - I'm on 5.5.1E.

Robin64

I was reading on GBATemp that some people got it working on 5.5.1. Or except I read it wrong.

Seems later in the thread people figure stuff out, yeah.

"You dont need to launch pygecko if you just launch loadiine, you can launch it, and go into GX2 settings, enable pygecko there, and exit out of MiiMaker, launch the disk and voila, you got TCP enabld."

jrush64

Banned

"You dont need to launch pygecko if you just launch loadiine, you can launch it, and go into GX2 settings, enable pygecko there, and exit out of MiiMaker, launch the disk and voila, you got TCP enabld."

Ok I'm going to try this now with the disc version and loadiine.

Tempted to do this with the Dragon Quest titles. How do I go about dumping my own DS titles?

Quoting for the new page.

I'd like to know this too. I have one of those flash carts where I ripped DS games for my DS Lite, but I haven't used it in AGES.

daxgame

Are you sure? Because it's a white screen with an error for me too. Error code 112-1006 - Could not display page, it says. Maybe Nintendo saw this thread and blocked it?

Edit - I'm on 5.5.1E.

Unsure, sorry. I have the same firmware you have and everything went fine

Btw, I am experiencing something weird: once I run through the website I see two Homebrew launchers icons... wtf?
The second one actually seems to be Loadiine, but why is it shown with the same icon and name as the HBL? Did I miss some icon file somewhere?

Robin64

Btw, I am experiencing something weird: once I run through the website I see two Homebrew launchers icons... wtf?
The second one actually seems to be Loadiine, but why is it shown with the same icon and name as the HBL? Did I miss some icon file somewhere?

Does you loadiine folder contain the proper icon and meta xml files? If those are missing, it might just use defaults.

Fou-Lu

I never realized how far Wii U homebrew had come. I am thinking it might be worth the trouble to play my copies of the DS DQ games on my Wii U.

jrush64

Banned

I downloaded the loadiine gx2 app from the loadiine.ovh . I cant find the settings to enable pygecko there. Am I using a wrong version of the app?

daxgame

Does you loadiine folder contain the proper icon and meta xml files? If those are missing, it might just use defaults.

It is indeed missing them, yeah. Where are they?
I downloaded Loadiine from here (it's the latest nightly), was it a mistake? I have only the elf file.

Platy

Anyone have a full list of DS game codes to use with Loadiine ?

AdvanceScene gives me some IDs, but the one that worked with Ghost Trick was [AXMW84] that is nowhere to be found there

deleted

Finally! That's pretty amazing!

Has anyone tried Bomberman 64 yet?

And do I have to load the site everytime I want to play one of my injected games? Haven't tried the whole thing yet, my Wii Us out of reach atm...

Rich!

Finally! That's pretty amazing!

Has anyone tried Bomberman 64 yet?

And do I have to load the site everytime I want to play one of my injected games? Haven't tried the whole thing yet, my Wii Us out of reach atm...

You load the site once and then the exploit runs until your Wii is turned off or rebooted.

Once you load something via the homebrew channel, you can exit to the home menu and then simply accessing the Mii Maker takes you back.

Anyone have a full list of DS game codes to use with Loadiine ?

AdvanceScene gives me some IDs, but the one that worked with Ghost Trick was [AXMW84] that is nowhere to be found there

They can be literally anything as long as they are four letters and then 01. Eg. [XXXX01]. Just make up your own.

I can't seem to connect to the eShop. This seems to have happened after I switched the DNS setting to the one recommended in the OP.

My secondary DNS is set to 000.000.000.000.

I'm getting error code 105-4207, which is explained here:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...?error_code=105-4207&system=Wiiu&locale=en_US

It says that it could be to do with Nintendo's network status, but the status page says it's fine:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

One of my Runbow update downloads has failed in download management. When I do a connection test in the internet settings, it's fine, no problems.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this / what could be up?

Robin64

The DNS blocks all Nintendo online services, including the eShop. You'll need to turn that off if you want to get on, which is safe right now... But who knows for how long it will be.

DoctorKitsun

Neo Member
So, has anyone else tried injecting Heart Gold/Soul Silver? The overworld graphics glitch out on me every time I open the menu or finish a battle and I'm not sure what the problem is. I tried putting it over Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters, but the problem is still there regardless of which game I put it over.

Rich!

Awww yess!

You can get rid of the bloody annoying question mark icon that's on the bottom left of GBA VC!

cyress8

Banned
I have it working. Check the xcxgecko thread on gbatemp. I can't really post the link since I'm on my phone

When you guys are talking about injecting DS games, does this work for 3DS? I would kill to play Majoras mask remaster on the big screen.

The DNS blocks all Nintendo online services, including the eShop. You'll need to turn that off if you want to get on, which is safe right now... But who knows for how long it will be.
Argh, this makes sense. I'll have to switch back to auto to buy Brain Age. I'm down on eShop credit by less than $1! Argh. Need to get on the BST thread to buy some credit.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hi there, I'm Dambrosi and I'm officially an idiot who can't read.

To those who are similarly confused: the url you need to browse to is http://loadiine.ovh, with two "i"'s (so NOT "LoadLine" but "Loadeen", if that makes sense). After that, everything should work fine.

Don't forget to change the Wii U's DNS settings to avoid updates! But beware - you'll lose eShop access if you do!

hlhbk

Looks like I will try this today. I gotta run out and get a SD card big enough to hold my games. Wish you could use an external USB drive like on the Wii.

Just to verify if you have a game that runs off a disc you are able to dump it and then launch without using the DVD right? My DVD drive has been making funky noises for a couple weeks and I am scared its going to die soon.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

Edit - I'm on 5.5.1E.
I too can confirm loadiine works on that fw version.

Try wiping your browser's cache/history clean.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What exactly does that DNS setting do?

Allows all internet activity but just blocks system updates?

Read my guide. It has a *.bat in it to run it for you.

You need to run it from a command prompt.

Drop to a command prompt, navigate to the folder you've put the file, and then use the following syntax:

titledumper /vol location

Such as titledumper /vol "E:/WiiU/ISO/Mario Kart 8/"

Thanks guys, that worked!

Damn, the 2x internal resolution thing is amazing! Looks great even on a big screen.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
^ cool thanks.

Well I changed the DNS, even though I'm not tinkering with homebrew today. I might as well preserve this firmware in case Nintendo nukes all the exploits and 5.5.1 is the way forward to greater developments.

Chucker

This is glorious.
bODItF5l.jpg

This was going to be my little group's Game of the Month next month, now I have the best way to play it.

Dambrosi

Banned
OK, so I go to buy Brain Training from the eShop (since the DDD tutorial recommends Brain Age as the go-to DS wrapper app, and Brain Training is the EU name for that game) and the eShop tells me that I purchased it previously, and lets me download it for free! I don't remember buying the game at all, so is my brain desperately in need of retraining or is something else going on? Cool beans regardless.

OK, so I go to buy Brain Training from the eShop (since the DDD tutorial recommends Brain Age as the go-to DS wrapper app, and Brain Training is the EU name for that game) and the eShop tells me that I purchased it previously, and lets me download it for free! I don't remember buying the game at all, so is my brain desperately in need of retraining or is something else going on? Cool beans regardless.
I think it was a free download in Europe, but don't quote me on this.

Top Bottom