• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos' controversial book is canceled for condoning pedophila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

FfOmWCa.gif

Oersted

You mean navy seals. I don't think republicans give a fuck about animals.

Navy Seals are potentially black, brown, muslims and even women.

And even as white, hetero, christian man you are not totally safe, see McCain. I know, not Navy Seal, but still.

With baby seals I meant on camera clubbing.

Let me dream. White children only is a bit too dark for me.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Harassing black women, trans women, game developers, and immigrants was a-OK, but fucking kids is the line that can't be crossed.

Fuck these guys for even giving this piece of shit a book deal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But but but free speech. Why deny him a platform guys? Why?
Dropping his book deal just means he's going to be more famous guys.
Don't feed the troll guys.

GUYS.

watershed

Banned
Fighting back against shitheads like Milo works. I wonder what all those posters who said "he deserves to be heard" are thinking now.

It'll be interesting to see if Milo's toxic stench effectively makes him blackballed by everyone except the fringe loony, meme-obsessed adolescents. He'll have to share the "Dear Leader" title with Sam Hyde, an un-hirable and terribly unfunny reject who claims he can barely afford health insurance because he can no longer find a job in entertainment. Maybe it will soon dawn on them that their behavior has severe consequences. Nah.

Jezbollah

Fighting back against shitheads like Milo works. I wonder what all those posters who said "he deserves to be heard" are thinking now.

I'm not sure if it's so much fighting back, more like waiting for him to get caught saying something so epically fucking dumb that even he had no comeback.

He has only himself to blame - and that absolutely kills him here.

I've ignored this fuck since I first heard of him. Glad he's getting whats coming to him now.
Fact is, Milo wasn't doing anything new. He wasn't "edgy." He wasn't a charming rabble-rouser. He wasn't really a provocateur. He was just a terrible person getting paid to say terrible things about far better people.

And your character has a way of catching up to you... always. Nothing of value is lost.

DeviantBoi

It'll be interesting to see if Milo's toxic stench effectively makes him blackballed by everyone except the fringe loony, meme-obsessed adolescents. He'll have to share the "Dear Leader" title with Sam Hyde, an un-hirable and terribly unfunny reject who claims he can barely afford health insurance because he can no longer find a job in entertainment. Maybe it will soon dawn on them that their behavior has severe consequences. Nah.

Speaking of pariahs, what ever happened to Violentacrez?

http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

Harassing black women, trans women, game developers, and immigrants was a-OK, but fucking kids is the line that can't be crossed.

Fuck these guys for even giving this piece of shit a book deal.
Yeah, on the one hand I'm happy and pedophilia is obviously super disgusting, but on the other hand, you get to see how imaginary that free speech line in the sand is, when the stakes are generally the same from where I stand (basic human decency).

Maxim726X

Fact is, Milo wasn't doing anything new. He wasn't "edgy." He wasn't a charming rabble-rouser. He wasn't really a provocateur. He was just a terrible person getting paid to say terrible things about far better people.

And your character has a way of catching up to you... always.

Well, this remains to be seen!

If Trump gets impeached... Perhaps there is some justice in the universe.

Kusagari

This is what happens when you base your entire career off being a shock jock troll.

Eventually you work yourself into a shoot.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
He'll just find somewhere else to publish it, but it's good that the book will now get less publicity.

Spinifex

This seems to be a barometer of what society will tolerate. Racism, homophobia, transphobia, antisemitism and misogyny are all totes fine evidently.

I'm not sure if it's so much fighting back, more like waiting for him to get caught saying something so epically fucking dumb that even he had no comeback.

Basically we finally found the line that right wingers are unwilling to cross. They're totally fine with Milo when he's wearing nazi memorabilia and harassing rape victims and transfolk. But they'll turn on him when he promotes pedophelia (or epheoboaifdaphialia).

Don't agree. His opponents drove the public furor over his comments and directed their outrage at his enablers like CPAC and Simon & Schuster. They had to respond or risk more public outrage.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Even though this shit makes me happy, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't stick. After Pussygate didn't ruin Trump, I'm no longer surprised by how much will be forgiven by the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom