• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MEXICO EARTHQUAKE UPDATE: over 200 casualties, 44 building collapsed in Mexico City.

6.8 according to preliminary reports, but I believe it was a LOT more destructive. I can see from my window that some buildings collapsed and some caught fire.

Very sad :(

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh damn, I just told my mom about it and then she tells me she already knows 'cus my grandmother told her about it on Facetime. Thankfully she's far enough where it didn't hit her hard but they felt it a state over.

I hope it's not so bad. Stay safe everyone.

People been saying this feels like quake weather lately.

Prepare your emergency supplies, you won't regret jt

If accurate, this was very, very close.

DKG2xvFWkAEqRGU.jpg

cloudyboy

Neo Member
apparently reported as 7.5, location (certainly prelliminary) at atencingo, about 100-150km south of Mexico city

Also a very strong aftershock rated 7.1 a few minute later.

mavo

Banned
Really funny story.

I was masturbating.

Have you ever thought "Oh God im gonna die with my boxers on my ankles" because i just did.

It was really scary, feel like crying.

AlexBasch

My dad is in CDMX right now because of a work meeting and he told me he's okay, just scared.

He's gonna be there all week long and didn't want to travel there. Can't wait until he returns. :(

At this strength and range from one of the largest cities on Earth, this is going to be devastating. Lots of structural damage and most likely loss of life will be very high.

Media

Really funny story.

I was masturbating.

Have you ever thought "Oh God im gonna die with my boxers on my ankles" because i just did.

I read this to my mom and she can't stop laughing.

Glad you are okay.

Really funny story.

I was masturbating.

Glad you are okay but that is the funniest thing I have read today.

Seik

Banned
My coworker just saw the news and he has family there, he just went off to call them.

This is terrible. :(

Griss

It's like the entire Atlantic / Caribbean basin is just fucking pissed at humanity this year, from Mexico to the Gulf to Florida to the islands.

Hoping for good news regarding casualties and property damage.

f0lken

Holy fuck, where I live is a relatively safe zone in Mexico State, the previous one I didn’t feel it but this one catched me in the gym and everything moved like crazy luckily at this hour there wasn’t too many people here. My family is ok thankfully

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Really funny story.

I was masturbating.

You just made laugh the hardest in days. I am tense as fuck thanks to Maria bearing down on PR. Glad you are fine... Now go finish what you started.

Puebla, Mexico was only 20 to 30 miles from Quake and has a Metro of 700,000 people. Going to see some terrible pictures from that city.

tribal24

Banned
It's like the entire Atlantic / Caribbean basin is just fucking pissed at humanity this year, from Mexico to the Gulf to Florida to the islands.

Hoping for good news regarding casualties and property damage.

Yeah it's crazy there was also a earthquake in socal yesterday at night. Lasted about a few seconds it was a 3.6

Top Bottom