• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

ayNBBuu.gif

M5oUJZj.gif

Played this at a friends house, and dont get me wrong because the gameplay was super fun but the graphics during gameplay were disapointing, the IQ is very shimmery and the 2D trees are still there.

Maybe im spoiled by playing Horizon 3 at 4K60 but i left disapointed by the in game visuals.
Umm yeah, gotta pretty powerful PC there, it's definitely gonna look cleaner. Still this is unoptimized for Pro. So GTS will still look better on launch on a 4K set with check boarding increasing the resolution. I think the beta is 1080p only right now isn't it?

cyen

Umm yeah, gotta pretty powerful PC there, it's definitely gonna look cleaner. Still this is unoptimized for Pro. So GTS will still look better on launch on a 4K set with check boarding increasing the resolution. I think the beta is 1080p only right now isn't it?

Forgot to mention that the game was running on a regular PS4.

thelastword

Banned
WOW those pics and gifs are ridiculous...The lighting and reflections on the lotus is especially ridiculous. If it was not for the aliasing, it would have passed for a real life shot...These graphics are insane, best looking racer by a countrymile...

Putty

WOW those pics and gifs are ridiculous...The lighting and reflections on the lotus is especially ridiculous. If it was not for the aliasing, it would have passed for a real life shot...These graphics are insane, best looking racer by a countrymile...

Steady son...

Watching the 24 Hours of Nurburgring right now really reminds me just how much of a bummer it is that Sport won't have real time passage of time.

The game only has a general 2017 release date so the only delay they can announce right now is a slip to 2018 and I think that's very unlikely. The game was supposed to be released over 6 months ago.

lumzi23

170323023214745995.gif

I'm more one for the gameplay than the graphics, for example when I hear people criticizing the cardboard trees I can only roll my eyes (especially since the trees in GTS with the subsurface scattering look fantastic compared to other racing titles, but not point), even cardboard people are ok for me, if it helps the performance.

However I do love to watch replays and Gran Turismo always had the best and seems to continue to do so, it's not just the realistic lighting, it's the camera angles (and lots of those so they don't repeat each lap).
I can somewhat understand when some say they only want authentic TV camera angles, but for me... no, TV(!) should have camera angles like GT!! It would make more people care to watch some racing!

Sometimes I wonder how Fifa-like commentary over the replays would be like, but in games with good car sounds I usually come to the conclusion that it's for the best that there is no commentary and it would be a waste of resources to make one (let's hope that GT still gets some driveline stress modeling for the sound, then I might even call the sound "good").

The subsurface scattering through the leaves is a amazing (don't think I have seen the like in another game). However, I still hate the cardboard trees in this game as I always have in other GT games I have seen it in.

Top Bottom