• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlantic Hurricane season 2017 |OT|

Kaladin

More on PTC3:

19225775_1442047452527397_249863291355398104_n.png

19397165_1442047415860734_6446531680510149273_n.png

NHC is issuing advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone Three, located over the Gulf of Mexico about 305 miles (490 km) south of the mouth of the Mississippi River. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for the Louisiana coastline from Intracoastal City to the Mouth of the Pearl River, and a Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from west of Intracoastal City to High Island. On the forecast track, the disturbance will move toward the Louisiana coast on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tropical storm conditions are expected to first reach the coast within the warning area on Tuesday. Tropical storm conditions are possible in the watch area on Wednesday. Total rain accumulations of 4 to 8 inches with isolated maximum amounts of 10 inches over southeastern Louisiana, southern Mississippi and Alabama, and the western Florida Panhandle through Wednesday evening.
Maximum sustained winds are near 40 mph (65 km/h) with higher gusts. Some slight strengthening is possible before the system reaches the coast.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Damn this popped out of nowhere. I live east of houston and my garden was totally looking great this past few weeks. Hope the winds won't be too bad for a tropical storm...

icedragon08

Neo Member
Damn this popped out of nowhere. I live east of houston and my garden was totally looking great this past few weeks. Hope the winds won't be too bad for a tropical storm...

I never get these comments. This was on the NHC-Website for at least 3 or 4 days and every weatherchannel was talking about it at least once.
So many people always talk about weather like it's coming from nowhere and no one knew about it.

I never get these comments. This was on the NHC-Website for at least 3 or 4 days and every weatherchannel was talking about it at least once.
So many people always talk about weather like it's coming from nowhere and no one knew about it.

lol I posted this thread 4 days ago BECAUSE of the system brewing in the gulf and its potential to hit Houston. I guess its not doing its job lol.

teiresias

We're going to get the dry side of the storm, so higher temps and more humidity coming our way!!

I moved my Friday morning flight to Virginia to Wednesday morning hoping to avoid weather issues, but it looks like I've done the opposite by doing that looking at the projections, *sigh*.

So PTC3 DOES have sustained Tropical Storm winds, but there is still no circulation so the NHC won't classify it as a TS until it shows some circulation

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I still think it does. One thing i've learned living here so long is how quickly stuff changes.

Well now it looks like it may have more of a chance of affecting the Houston area. The 1pm update has the bullseye on the Tex/LA border and it looks like the wind field is more centralized now. The storm itself is almost stationary.

Eagerly awaiting the next update.

THE PLOT THICKENS.

Think we'll see any more western movement?

2 of the 3 models from last night on KPRC (Frank Billingsly) showed a Galveston landfall, which went contrary to the NHC's model that showed the system hitting around New Orleans. In other words, I think the system is taking more of the path KPRC was showing last night. So yeah, I'm leaning towards this systems track moving more westward if anything.

black_13

Banned
I might be going to Florida and some Gulf coast states in the end of August so I really hope no major hurricane occurs.

NH Apache

Banned
With all the recent rain and the rivers at near peak combined with the slowdown, there's got to be some flooding coming. GL to everyone, especially outside Baton Rouge where they are still recovering from last year.

teiresias

I've decided I'm going to Uber to Hobby tomorrow morning rather than risk having my car parked in one of the Parking Spot lots during the storm. I'm just not familiar enough with the area to know if either of them would be flood prone. At least at my apartment my car will be on the third floor of a parking deck.

I've decided I'm going to Uber to Hobby tomorrow morning rather than risk having my car parked in one of the Parking Spot lots during the storm. I'm just not familiar enough with the area to know if either of them would be flood prone. At least at my apartment my car will be on the third floor of a parking deck.

Just for future reference, I think one of the off-site parking locations near Hobby is a parking garage. If that floods, then well that will be the least of your worries.

No clue how it would handle the wind, though.

teiresias

Just for future reference, I think one of the off-site parking locations near Hobby is a parking garage. If that floods, then well that will be the least of your worries.

No clue how it would handle the wind, though.

Actually just found that garage and made a reservation for it - on the third or fourth floor. Thanks!

bengraven

I'm really upset we didn't get a hurricane Arlene.

"Arlene fucked up my trailer house".
"It was one hell of a storm..."
"No I mean Arlene my ex wife..."

mo60

If cindy can survive long enough on land once it makes landfall it may be able to strengthen again off the atlantic seaboard unless that front absorbs it before then.

Nephtes

You know, for a tropical storm that's coming right for us, it has been awfully bright and sunshiney today in Western Louisiana...

Damn this is the worst timing. I have a new orleans trip planned for the weekend. I hope the rain ceases friday and saturday nights like it says in the forecast.

Jag

210521_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Tropical Storm Don has formed. Luckily it seems to be low energy, somewhat confused and unlikely to do much damage.

Velcro Fly

H named storm in the eastern Pacific is Hilary.

G named storm just formed and there is another system out there that could develop in the next few days.

We could have Don and Hilary at the same time!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Cape Verde is really pissed this season it seems. Pushing out strong waves like nobody's business. It's July... Let that sink in.

Cape Verde is really pissed this season it seems. Pushing out strong waves like nobody's business. It's July... Let that sink in.

Atlantic and Caribbean continue their low energy streak. And African dust has been killing a lot of western Atlantic development

mo60

So in a few days time it looks like Hilary and Irwin which are currently weakening tropical storms in the East Pacific will merge into one storm.I'm not even sure at this point if the merged storm will be tropical storm strength by then since waters close to Baja California are a bit to cold to support tropical cyclones. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Irwin ended up being the dominant system in this merger looking at how fast hilary has been weakening in the last day or so.
http://mashable.com/2017/07/27/two-pacific-storms-hilary-irwin-fujiwhara-effect/#H.itnmPJYsqW

Top Bottom