• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Ships 1.8 Million Worldwide

sotojuan

Pretty good game - glad others like it!

--

One problem I had were people purchasing it based on review scores and doing no research on the actual game beyond it being an RPG, so they would get bored and hate on it because of the sim aspect. Do people really buy games just based on their Metacritic score?

Judging by PS4 trophy information (kind of a weird source, I know), not a lot of people got past the second palace. Interesting.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great news. Hope it goes on to sell much more. Game's still retailing at full price in most places, once it starts going down and sales start going on, I guess it'll get a second wind.

Nimby

Banned
Exceeded my expectations. Glad lots are having fun with the game.

Maybe they should rebrand SMT as Persona: SMT ;)

Christhor

Huh. I mean, that's really good, but for reason I always thought of Persona as something that sells a lot more.

Like 3 Mil in the first month or something.

I think maybe it's because of how long it took + internet hype.

If you seriously thought a Persona game would sell 3 million copies the first month then you seriously need some perspective, lol. Had the mainline Persona games even sold 3 million copies combined?

Dadasch

Well deserved.

My first Persona, absolutely loved it. I even think about buying a Vita just for Golden since I'm not really interested in any other Vita game.

Gestault

That's utterly solid for the full-price window. Lifetime sales on this are going to be excellent, even left on its own. I'm wondering if they'll plan any ports in response.

Ravage

The success of Persona and Horizon proves that there is still room for quality single player experiences in a GaaS/eSport-dominated market.

I ended up dropping it, despite my love of P3 and 4, but still glad it was so successful. The more success for well made jrpgs the more of them we'll get, and that's a win for everyone.

Nimby

Banned
For some perspective, P4 + Golden probably reached 1 mil a year or two ago, a game that debuted in 2008. Series got its boom after all the spin offs.

Tagyhag

If you seriously thought a Persona game would sell 3 million copies the first month then you seriously need some perspective, lol. Had the mainline Persona games even sold 3 million copies combined?

Yeah I took GAF's hype for granted.

Your average casual gamer probably never even heard of the series.

Made some digging and it sold 550 000 copies in ~month when released in Japan. Would be nice to see how much sales are from west.

That's a good number for the franchise. Was good enough for me to replay and platinum so good job Atlus. Let the spinoff flooding begin.

StereoVsn

Great news and good for Atlus/Persona team. Hopefully we won't have to wait 8 years for the next game (and localization will be less sloppy).

Clearly we can expect Persona 5 Everyone is Fighting, Persona 5 Dancing Disco, and Persona 5 Dungeon Crawling.

I hope though Atlus would port PS3 FES to PS4 with P3P/P4G improvements (or hell, just use P5 engine :p) and might as well port P4G as well. SMT3 and Raidou/DDS games would also be welcomed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
lol at people saying "low"

Ninokuni sold less than that and was a break out hit for Bamco. P5 is still selling and sold 99% od their copies at full price...who knows where it will end up in the end - P4Golden on Vita had crazy legs.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
lol at people saying "low"

Ninokuni sold less than that and was a break out hit for Capcom. P5 is still selling and sold 99% od their copies at full price...who knows where it will end up in the end - P4Golden on Vita had crazy legs.

Hmm something is not right here.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Go on Persona 5, I still haven't picked it up :(

giphypvqi4.gif

Top Bottom