• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

VariantX

Voted for Eliza as shes the only one of my surviving picks. Hopefully with a prayer and a pinch of wish dust, we can get Beowulf through on round #2.

Sixty percent of the votes are already in? Hot damn

OlderAnnietransparentsmaller_zpsb0f93cfe.png

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Annie-362358576
i2fWBTsnvDduQ.gif

Where the fuck did all of this godlike art come from out of the blue? The 3D model of Eliza is excellent (and makes me think Skullgirls would look pretty cool with models). The graphic Annie and that red and black contrast is so good. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to see from way before. Man, why did these two have to be bitter enemies currently?

Eliza/Annie is the one true end. You all suck if it doesn't happen.
The internet is a big place.
Hopefully after this round is over, a male character is chosen for the 2nd Mystery Character. Stanley, Beowulf, Panzer...
It is pretty likely to turn out like that for a lot of people.

Loona

Voted for Minette. I like Eliza but I feel like Minette fits the current game better.

Thats also why I didnt vote for Aeon, it would be like voting in Gill in Street Fighter II

There's Urien, who's functionally Gill without the frustratingly broken stuff, and plenty of people seem to love him.
Aeon could do with such a treatment, but with few exceptions, like Guilty Gear's Baiken, I can't stand pink-haired characters, so I voted on someone else.

If the only way Mike could make the character work is make her broken, then he must be holding single player mode in contempt in a disturbing way, and Marie looks like proof enough, when a lot of the lessons from the tutorial the game likes to brag about go out the door when that boss battle should actually be putting them to the test.

NotLiquid

If Annie wins, it is likely that Eliza will win round 2. Remember that, people that like both characters.

I'm not seeing it, a lot of people are jumping to vote Eliza purely because people feel she's the closest thing to a "bad ass" non-moe character that's still around.

I wonder how split the vote is though. Seems like Aeon and Eliza are splitting previous voters while Annie and Minette are splitting their own.

graywords

I can't stant pink-haired characters, so I voted on someone else.

To each his own, and I'm sure you have other reasons for your vote as well. But aren't there a fairly decent number of alternate colors usually, including hair? Seems like an odd thing to single out for a non-vote.

If Annie wins, it is likely that Eliza will win round 2. Remember that, people that like both characters.

Yeah, no.

Having no males in Top 4 is the best thing that could have happened to Eliza's chances, this is easily her best shot.

I'll vote Annie next round though.
:p

Researching characters for Round Two, and though I'm still a big fan of Beowulf, Feng is really starting to grow on me, as is Scythia(sp?).

I guess for now, I'm officially a member of #TeamUndecided. Maybe. I'm not sure now...

However, if Minette somehow emerges victorious, then I'm all-in for #TeamScienceShark.

Loona

To each his own, and I'm sure you have other reasons for your vote as well. But aren't there a fairly decent number of alternate colors usually, including hair? Seems like an odd thing to single out for a non-vote.

It's just the aspect that stands out the most to me on a design I don't generally find appealing. I also took issue with Annie's green overload.
You can't avoid those colors in story mode either, which is my preferred single player mode.

graywords

It's just the aspect that stands out the most to me on a design I don't generally find appealing. I also took issue with Annie's green overload.
You can't avoid those colors in story mode either, which is my preferred single player mode.

I suppose that makes sense in a way.

That would be a fun, pointless feature to have, though: in Story mode, holding a button prior to a CPU match would select the corresponding alternate color for the character you face. (Maybe it's been done somewhere already.)

Cyrano

Over 60% of all votes are in and over 60% of all respondents are Happy or Somewhat Happy with the results so far.

So... yeah, ZTS and his ilk are quite the exception.

Despite this, a solid majority of respondents wants to move to the new voting system for the second character vote.
Are you sure about this? I found that entire question to be really confusing. Had to read it quite a few times before I understood what the question was asking.

Loona

I suppose that makes sense in a way.

That would be a fun, pointless feature to have, though: in Story mode, holding a button prior to a CPU match would select the corresponding alternate color for the character you face. (Maybe it's been done somewhere already.)

You can't change your own character's unless they find a way to aplly its palettes to story mode portraits, and there's at least Peacock's case where she fights "herself" (Double) with a specific alternate palette, so it'd be tricky...

This reminds me it's kinds annoying that Valentine's palete is handled so that she can look more covered that usual (her face skin can be colored differently from her legs and chest), but only one palette seems to make use of that, sadly. Could have gone with a "traditional" ninja look with that, clothed as dark as possible.

kirblar

Over 60% of all votes are in and over 60% of all respondents are Happy or Somewhat Happy with the results so far.

So... yeah, ZTS and his ilk are quite the exception.

Despite this, a solid majority of respondents wants to move to the new voting system for the second character vote.
The "ranked preference" system is more likely to lead to a happy consensus pick.

Researching characters for Round Two, and though I'm still a big fan of Beowulf, Feng is really starting to grow on me, as is Scythia(sp?).

I guess for now, I'm officially a member of #TeamUndecided. Maybe. I'm not sure now...

However, if Minette somehow emerges victorious, then I'm all-in for #TeamScienceShark.

Never mind Eliza, im going team Minette! I neeeeeeeeed Stanley.

You can't change you own character's unless they find a way to aplly its palettes to story mode portraits, and there's at least Peacock's case where she fights "herself" (Double) with a specific alternate palette, so it'd be tricky...

This reminds me it's kinds annoying that Valentine's palete is handled so that she can look more covered that usual (her face skin can be colored differently from her legs and chest), but only one palette seems to make use of that, sadly. Could have gone with a "traditional" ninja look with that, clothed as dark as possible.

I hate modes that don't let me use whatever color I want. It's so fucking stupid and annoying.

I don't give a shit about the story or whatever bullshit reasons you've got, let me pick my favorite color.

NEO0MJ

Also, Peter, when you say it's already over, do you just mean it's a landslide victory at this point?

Seems that way, considering his thought on how statistically impossible it seems for the winner to lose. My guess is that it would take almost all the remaining voters to shift to the 2nd place character for her to win.

Loona

I hate modes that don't let me use whatever color I want. It's so fucking stupid and annoying.

I don't give a shit about the story or whatever bullshit reasons you've got, let me pick my favorite color.

It's kinda of the difference between a more freeform and plotless arcade mode and a story mode where it can be specified that character so-and-so did this while wearing that - in DoA5, for example, it makes even more sense for how different the outfits and contexts are, and since those battles include special challenges,it can be argued that the events for those challenges (ex: use move X) are meant to count as canonical events.

A simple code that would let that b circumvented would be OK, as the defaults would still be clear though, since you's have to go out of your way to change them.

Seriously Alex, why so much green on Annie?... Does even seem TV-appealing or fitting with the star theme...

It makes no sense at all, ever. If I want to look at a character in the default color or a specific outfit, I'll personally choose them wearing it. It's a video game. I understand that story mode is canonical. Or maybe it's not, Skullgirls. Let me picking my fucking color.

Also, Peter, when you say it's already over, do you just mean it's a landslide victory at this point?

I read that, as long as things continue as they have been, and there's no reason to assume that the last 40% won't match the first 60%, then it's clear who the winner will be.

Kioshen

It makes no sense at all, ever. If I want to look at a character in the default color or a specific outfit, I'll personally choose them wearing it. It's a video game. I understand that story mode is canonical. Or maybe it's not, Skullgirls. Let me picking my fucking color.

The game didn't have a move list until after a patch because they ran out of time. Imagine if they had to build a complete and SAFE color editor ? Besides the KOF XIII editor never really produced something great except nude Raiden which was hilarious or the usual character homage which they already do.

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_mlo85cFjY11s2dnezo1_500.png

All the vote anxiety will have been worth it for the art.

And if you're looking for a badass, look no further. Team Annie will take you there.

Ravidrath

Huzzah!

Paypal has lifted the restrictions on our account. They're still holding the $35,000 "as collateral," but I'm hopeful that the CFPB complaint I filed will help release that, too. Most importantly, though, the restriction on Instant Transfers has been lifted so I can get back to paying our people.

Also, the guy said "I've been hearing a lot of things from other departments... did you mention this on Twitter or something?"

Sounds like some of our fans took it upon themselves to complain to Paypal. Not sure if that helped or not, but definitely appreciate the support. And good to know that I can count on our awesome community to nuke our contact's Inbox should it never come to that. :)

tumblr_mlo88fswcX1r9y1sco1_1280.png

Moonlight

Banned
Huzzah!

Paypal has lifted the restrictions on our account. They're still holding the $35,000 "as collateral," but I'm hopeful that the CFPB complaint I filed will help release that, too. Most importantly, though, the restriction on Instant Transfers has been lifted so I can get back to paying our people.

Also, the guy said "I've been hearing a lot of things from other departments... did you mention this on Twitter or something?"

Sounds like some of our fans took it upon themselves to complain to Paypal. Not sure if that helped or not, but definitely appreciate the support. And good to know that I can count on our awesome community to nuke our contact's Inbox should it never come to that. :)
This is really great news! Congrats, hopefully Paypal will stop getting up in your grill sooner rather than later.

Kioshen

Huzzah!

tumblr_lhnvjaMIc81qbc2h3o1_400.gif

Ultimadrago

Huzzah!

Welp, I'm adding this Stanley pic to the collection.

Good stuff, Ravi! Hope the good news keeps up.

Saikyo

As always, voted for Annie.

But I am fine with any of the final four, "least" Aeon but still a cool character.

Still gonna vote for Umbrella and Feng in the second vote, but if they dont survive...

#TeamStanleyFor2ndCharacter
#TeamDontMakePanzerfaustWin

Mista Koo

Voted Eliza instead of Aeon because:
  • She was one of the few characters I considered from the beginning but never voted for.
  • After the guys she's the only character I can relate to (as a brown middle eastern diva of course).

I also made her two color palettes:

ZUx0OhO.png
YhlgtFa.png
XdCgE9u.png

The first is based on a character called Rain so I thought it would be cool if she controlled water.

The second is a tribute to her Darkstalker influence combining both her as Morrigan and Sekhmet as Jedah.
Edit: added Lilith because it didn't take time + her colors are more similar to Jedah.

(Team blood please quote for the next page, I spent a long time on it :p)

Cyrano

Huzzah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxkezvGwI20

The one song appropriate for all awesome things.

Ravidrath

I contacted VentureBeat and am trying to see if we can turn this into a larger story about Paypal and indie/crowdfunded things.

Should be interesting if they take me up on that!

sandman64

Neo Member
I contacted VentureBeat and am trying to see if we can turn this into a larger story about Paypal and indie/crowdfunded things.

Should be interesting if they take me up on that!

BTW, Ravidrath, did you guys ever get the final amount of donations given after IGG ended? I'm a bit curious on that front.

Voted Eliza instead of Aeon because:
  • She was one of the few characters I considered from the beginning but never voted for.
  • After the guys she's the only character I can relate to (as a brown middle eastern diva of course).

I also made her two color palettes:

IrswJoc.png
YhlgtFa.png

The first is based on a character called Rain so I thought it would be cool if she controlled water.

The second is a tribute to her Darkstalker influence combining both her as Morrigan and Sekhmet as Jedah.

Dude these are awesome! Can't wait to see what the Skullgirls team can come up with, concerning Eliza palettes when she obviously takes the crown.

Top Bottom