• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
More info, just cuz.

- The people at the AM Show aren't top players, and weren't interested in trying out new things, so they were basically trying to use the old death combos from T6 Vanilla.

Alisa Boskonovich - Seems like she's Dr. Boskonovich's daughter....? But... she's a fighting robot!

- By pressing both kick buttons (sorry, I'm unfamiliar with JPN Tekken conventions but it's called "WK") both of her hands change into chainsaws. Basically her stance...

- In this stance she can't step back or forth, but from her back a burner-type thing pops out and she can ... fly.

- The distance she can fly is fixed so it's possible to get caught in someone's attack if they anticipate it.

- During the Chainsaw stance, pressing LP will be a high blade attack that I think attacks vertically. Using RP will be a horizontal attack. Pressing down+LP will execute a low cut attack, which apparently hits pretty easily on people so far.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Reno said:
More info, just cuz.

- The people at the AM Show aren't top players, and weren't interested in trying out new things, so they were basically trying to use the old death combos from T6 Vanilla.

Alisa Boskonovich - Seems like she's Dr. Boskonovich's daughter....? But... she's a fighting robot!

- By pressing both kick buttons (sorry, I'm unfamiliar with JPN Tekken conventions but it's called "WK") both of her hands change into chainsaws. Basically her stance...

- In this stance she can't step back or forth, but from her back a burner-type thing pops out and she can ... fly.

- The distance she can fly is fixed so it's possible to get caught in someone's attack if they anticipate it.

- During the Chainsaw stance, pressing LP will be a high blade attack that I think attacks vertically. Using RP will be a horizontal attack. Pressing down+LP will execute a low cut attack, which apparently hits pretty easily on people so far.
Did they take notes from Soulcalibur IV on how to make gamebreaking characters or something?
Starkiller, I'm looking in your direction...

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
http://sdtekken.com/tekken-6

There's a googlevid link there.

Fuck youtube i hate youtube :(

here's a rapidshare link to the vid:

http://rs443.rapidshare.com/files/146235377/TK6BR_480x272_500k.wmv

Thanks man.

I thought Lars(Lars - lol) will be doing judo to be honest. Not that his style isn't cool. I like, I like. Karate + Mantis or something(Chow Lee Fut?). Reminds me of Dimittri from Darkstalkers due to cape.

Alisa ? Eh. I have enough of petty girls in fighting games. At least she's a cyborg. I loved playing Bosconovitch in T3. She's totally different but hopefully as much of a blast to play.

I do hope it's true that bound was reballanced. After watching 500+ match videos my hype for T6 went down and almost hit bottom. All because watching people waiting for an opening to hit few frame launcher, juggling for a 3 hour highest damage bound combo(that looks almost preprogrammed).

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Gameplay notes

- Punch button color is your customized outfit.
- Alisa speaks in Japanese, quite formally too.
- Lars also speaks in Japanese
- A lot of what Lars does is quite flashy and superhero-ish, so the stuff that he has is kind of like Jin and Leo in terms of movement and flash.

Bruce notes: Note, I don't play Bruce at all, so I'm just translating what's written...
- His side movement with LP has been taken away, and instead he jumps now.
- Leg bazooka's (knee bazooka? No idea) properties has been changed. Now his opponents are sent reeling far back on hit, and from there it seems like you can tack on a combo. If you press back on the joystick after this however, it seems you can't get a combo off of it. No idea what this means though, sorry... lastly, his leg bazooka is kind of like his sock club (??) in this regard.
- His backfist (japanese name is 裏拳 but I don't know the command for it in T6) has been changed to b+1+2. On normal hit, nothing has changed as you can still combo after it.
- Pressing 1+2 gives you a jump-like move now. If you press uf+1+2 you get his old 1+2 attack.
- Muay Thai Stance f+1 on counter hit seems to give you a combo opportunity.
- f+3+4 doe not give you any combo chances. Or... no longer combos? Not too sure on this, since it's kind of vague.
- The writer thinks that Ducking Low on hit gives you more advantage now.

GrayFoxPL

Reno said:
Gameplay notes

- Punch button color is your customized outfit.
- Alisa speaks in Japanese, quite formally too.
- Lars also speaks in Japanese
- A lot of what Lars does is quite flashy and superhero-ish, so the stuff that he has is kind of like Jin and Leo in terms of movement and flash.

Bruce notes: Note, I don't play Bruce at all, so I'm just translating what's written...
- His side movement with LP has been taken away, and instead he jumps now.
- Leg bazooka's (knee bazooka? No idea) properties has been changed. Now his opponents are sent reeling far back on hit, and from there it seems like you can tack on a combo. If you press back on the joystick after this however, it seems you can't get a combo off of it. No idea what this means though, sorry... lastly, his leg bazooka is kind of like his sock club (??) in this regard.
- His backfist (japanese name is 裏拳 but I don't know the command for it in T6) has been changed to b+1+2. On normal hit, nothing has changed as you can still combo after it.
- Pressing 1+2 gives you a jump-like move now. If you press uf+1+2 you get his old 1+2 attack.
- Muay Thai Stance f+1 on counter hit seems to give you a combo opportunity.
- f+3+4 doe not give you any combo chances. Or... no longer combos? Not too sure on this, since it's kind of vague.
- The writer thinks that Ducking Low on hit gives you more advantage now.

Thanks for all the info you dig out.

Good shit.

Anyone got the trailer in something other then wmv?

AAK

http://blip.tv/file/1272282

Scrubby Law vs Lili vid. Use full screen for best results.....

and

03.jpg

=O

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Metalmurphy said:
There hasn't been any mention of a 360 version of any Tekken so far.
Actually, didn't the director say a while back that he's considering doing that? I hope he's bullshitting, because I need my reasons to justify my PS3 purchase, and LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout HD, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift won't do it alone- because, you know, they're all coming out within the next month or so...

twinturbo2 said:
Actually, didn't the director say a while back that he's considering doing that? I hope he's bullshitting, because I need my reasons to justify my PS3 purchase, and LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout HD, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift won't do it alone- because, you know, they're all coming out within the next month or so...

that's why i'm asking. this generation is the gen of the multi-games. i also prefer online with Live then PSN.

twinturbo2 said:
There was one rumour started by Luke Smith along time ago but it was just that... a rumour, started by Luke Smith :lol

Then there was an interview for a magazine where he (the director?) said "No idea" when asked if it was exclusive.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
LiK said:
why is Goku in the game? :lol
I know that Namco Bandai makes DBZ games, but I could have sworn that Atari has the license in NA...

Metalmurphy said:
Then there was an interview for a magazine where he (the director?) said "No idea" when asked if it was exclusive.
That was what I was thinking. Like I said, I hope it stays exclusive, it gives me one more reason to keep my PS3. :D

NeoCross

Most likely it'll get BR. Or at least I'm hoping it will :lol

And what's up with these late 09 comments :| No release date has been announced yet.

AAK

:lol

Yikes, a bunch of people quoted me when I said "confirmed for late 2009". People need to fix their sarcasm detectors. I just said that when I heard that BR is gonna be released at the end of 2008 so I thought Namco would play the TTT / T4 card and release the console version nearly a year later after the T5 backlash w/ the Arcade owners.

Take it easy people, it isn't officially late 2009. Just my prediction.

Peace please.

AAK said:
PS3 version confirmed for late 09.

WTF is this shit? Fuck you Namco Bandai.

EDIT:

AAK said:
:lol

Yikes, a bunch of people quoted me when I said "confirmed for late 2009". People need to fix their sarcasm detectors. I just said that when I heard that BR is gonna be released at the end of 2008 so I thought Namco would play the TTT / T4 card and release the console version nearly a year later after the T5 backlash w/ the Arcade owners.

Take it easy people, it isn't officially late 2009. Just my prediction.

Peace please.

Stop playing man :lol

Top Bottom