• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Homecoming New Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYEL1NER

I still have my minor issues with the costume but the Avengers Tower being so prominent in the posters makes me hate them.

The Osborn family could use a hibernation period tbh.

As far as showing up in person, yeah, but it doesn't make sense to me that Spidey exists in this world and they don't. Maybe they'll just build them up from scratch in like Homecoming 3. It's not like they have to be consistent.

Well duh, that's why they're making it a point to show off the Avengers building because in the sequel, Norman Osborn gonna come back to town and buy it from Stark

lol I'd enjoy that.

tr00per

He got them with Sony Rewards points. The Sony Rewards site where you can earn fantastic Sony products just for using your Sony Rewards Card for your everyday purchases. Apply now!

Fantastic.

Digging the posters. Wonder if the film will move any mcu plot lines forward

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't believe it was that simple, I mean they still own the rights and are footing the bill, yet are not making the creative decisions or at least heavily involved in the process? No way in hell Sony will still have the final say on a lot of things and I think lessons that were failed to be learned will rear their head.

Not to mention the 30 spin-offs they want to make from this movie, this could get complicated very fast and it's why I don't have my hopes up at all really.

I still think you are downplaying Marvel's involvement in this film.

He'll invent all of the Sinister Six's gear, launch a rocket to bring the Symbiote back, clone Spider-man a bunch of times and in a flash back kill Uncle Ben.

p7OnXeB.jpg

Fuchsdh

Apropos of nothing, is there a physical address for Stark Tower, the same way we know the Sanctum Santorum is in the middle of (haha) Greenwich Village?

The only thing that bothers me about the costume is the black glossy bits. I get it for the web shooters and belt, but why would the accents extend to the shoulder?

Ahasverus

I hate how he always looks like a sumperimposed CGI character. Say what you want about the old movies, but dude felt real. I suppose it's those cartoon eyes.

ionitron

Looks mostly alright, and I'm super stoked for the movie.

But... that's not actually a dude in the costume right?

I hate how he always looks like a sumperimposed CGI character. Say what you want about the old movies, but dude felt real. I suppose it's those cartoon eyes.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Noks415

I really wonder what the success or failure of this film will mean for the future of the franchise.
Like, if this is a huge success both critically and commercially will Sony at least realize that maybe that was due to Marvel's involvement and incorporation of MCU elements. Would that encourage them to keep collaborating and maybe even Marvel saying:

"These Black Cat and Silver Sable projects are not gonna work for us, but maybe we can help you out with Venom"

Love it. The second one isn't bad at all either.

Pretty hyped for this and to finally have Spidey in the MCU full force. Can't wait to see the fights/action scenes.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Guys shut up about Deadpool. Seriously.

"Remember when GAF thought Spiderman was a ripoff of Deadpool?"

"When has GAF ever been right about anything?"

This is how false narratives start. Maybe you're joking now or whatever but its gonna turn into a narrative people will start spouting down the road. Just stop, its for your own good.

Just trying to figure out which one of these two posters will be the steelbook artwork.

If you must, do the first one. Otherwise ignore both, they're not outstanding enough for it. ;;>_>

OmegaFax

I still have my minor issues with the costume but the Avengers Tower being so prominent in the posters makes me hate them.

It's a bit like the Netflix Marvel show posters. The Avengers Tower is kind of a reminder they're set in the same universe except this isn't a TV show budget and they can afford RDJ.

Edit:

If they can make this movie look like New York and not Atlanta, this thing ought to win an Academy Award for set design.

Why do the webs on his suit look so...fake? They look like they're drawn on. Its really weird. The budget must be insane, couldn't they make it more realistic?
It had the same problem in Civil War, the CGI was off, and they seem to continue it here.
They also made him more buff than Tom actually is irl in Civil War

Da-Kid

Is Jameson in this movie?

I really hate the techy looking Spider symbol and those needless lines on the blue sections.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Apropos of nothing, is there a physical address for Stark Tower, the same way we know the Sanctum Santorum is in the middle of (haha) Greenwich Village?

It's in the exact same place where the MetLife Building is in real life.

Which is why it's so jarring to see the MetLife Building in the Netflix series, especially in Iron Fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom