• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

How should I go about gearing multiple classes? I've got my main lvl 60 Warrior, but am working on Dark Knight, Dragoon, Ninja, and Scholar on the side (and maybe Machinist). Still in the very beginning of Heavensward, but I'm assuming the MSQ would only gear up one of my classes naturally.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How should I go about gearing multiple classes? I've got my main lvl 60 Warrior, but am working on Dark Knight, Dragoon, Ninja, and Scholar on the side (and maybe Machinist). Still in the very beginning of Heavensward, but I'm assuming the MSQ would only gear up one of my classes naturally.

Buy gear from NPC merchants, they usually have appropriate gear for your level. Could try the marketboard too but the gear on MBs tend to be overpriced.

Inbachi

Neo Member
I'm still really enjoying my time with the trial but it's sad seeing people running around with GAF in their name and only being able to look longingly as they run by. :D

I just went to the Gold Saucer for the first time and I had no idea Triple Triad was in this game. Hell, I'd have bought the game just for that! Are there quite a few cards to collect?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm still really enjoying my time with the trial but it's sad seeing people running around with GAF in their name and only being able to look longingly as they run by. :D

I just went to the Gold Saucer for the first time and I had no idea Triple Triad was in this game. Hell, I'd have bought the game just for that! Are there quite a few cards to collect?
Over 100.

Thorgal

This was too nice a screenshot to not post it

ffxiv_26042017_225851mllzf.jpg

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lv them via palace of the dead, gear doesn't matter there and exp gains are pretty high.

Meanwhile on your main class, greed drops for classes you're leveling when you run dungeons and raids so that when you hit 60 with them they have some gear. You can also commission someone to craft gear for you with mats you purchase, buy gear off the mb, buy gear with tomes, or run boring ass Diadem for the gear.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
So did everyone get their Amazon codes right away? Wondering if I should contact them or wait the 48 hours.

I contacted customer service after placing my qualifying order, however, that was before the promotion was updated to include the tidbit that codes may be delivered up to 48 hours after the transaction.

It's up to you, but if you've already waited 24 hours or more, I'd just wait out the full 48 hours before contacting support.

Luigi87

I contacted customer service after placing my qualifying order, however, that was before the promotion was updated to include the tidbit that codes may be delivered up to 48 hours after the transaction.

It's up to you, but if you've already waited 24 hours or more, I'd just wait out the full 48 hours before contacting support.

Ah alrighty, if they added that notation later on then I'll just wait for the time being. Thanks!

B.K.

It's Wednesday night. Is the GAF FC finished running Dun Scaith on Wednesdays?

Already starting to happen, the moogle outfit from the first fan fest was added to the shop in the last update.

I just want the XI collab items. I would give Square Enix $20 for Iroha's outfit.

Redx508

GAF Coil Runs Saturday 4/29 after 9pm est.

if you haven't done coil and want to see the story and fights now is the time. we doing them unsync.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Toadette Trump - Excalibur <new>
Malthus Stormwind <new>
Zomba Thirteen <new>

Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius
Takato
Izumi Lifebloom - Ultros WHM
Keira Welch - Lamia
Nera Edelweiss - Leviathan
La Scorpion
Cheshire Ven

if you want to join or help out reply with your ingame name.

275571393637253120.png
Please Look Forward To It
275571418056359946.png

Kinan

I should reach 50 today, but I need to do Ifrit-Garuda (Hard) first to unlock the coil, right?
Though 9pm is too late for me in Europe anyway, so I guess I pass.

Leunam

if you haven't done coil and want to see the story and fights now is the time. we doing them unsync.

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png

Griselbrand Ortuvia on Sargatanas. I'd be new to Final Coil. I can tank or DPS. Would love to join. :D

Omni

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png
Willing to help out if there's space and you're willing to cross server! I love Coil. Can tank/dps/heals

Keira Welch - Lamia.

Soroc

so far we have

Xion Stellar <new>
Edzi Sedzi <new>
Cheshire Ven <new>
Bricteva Kantor <new>
Cinthya Rose
Katarina Arius

275571393637253120.png
275571418056359946.png

Is this only Final Coil or all Coils? I still need to finish 2nd coil. If you are doing more then just Final Coil I'd like to join.

Edit: Crap sorry for the double post.

So I just finished the Heavensward story and am wondering what I should do to level up my gear. Been playing mostly by myself. Got my Dragoon to lvl 60 (obv). And have been working on a Warrior (lvl 40) and a Miner. Should I just grind out the daily roulettes?

Killthee

So I just finished the Heavensward story and am wondering what I should do to level up my gear. Been playing mostly by myself. Got my Dragoon to lvl 60 (obv). And have been working on a Warrior (lvl 40) and a Miner. Should I just grind out the daily roulettes?
What ilv are you?

dramatis

A way to get some gear is to do the Marks hunts (daily and weekly) and net some Centurio Seals (board outside the inn [Forgotten Knight] in Ishgard). Those you can take to an NPC inside the inn and exchange for some Doman gear, which should be able to grab you a few ilevel 170 pieces.

The initial lvl 60 dungeons also drop gear, but your queue time may be long for those. Still, you get a chance at netting gear and also stockpile some tomestones.

To get your average ilvl to 150, you can buy gear in Azys Lla from the round ball things at the aetheryte place.

Once you get your average ilvl above 150, you can unlock the Frontlines pvp, go in and pretend you know what you're doing, and get some Wolf Seals, which can be used to buy i235 gear from an NPC standing near the aetheryte for Wolves' Den (pvp place).

A way to get some gear is to do the Marks hunts (daily and weekly) and net some Centurio Seals (board outside the inn [Forgotten Knight] in Ishgard). Those you can take to an NPC inside the inn and exchange for some Doman gear, which should be able to grab you a few ilevel 170 pieces.

The initial lvl 60 dungeons also drop gear, but your queue time may be long for those. Still, you get a chance at netting gear and also stockpile some tomestones.

To get your average ilvl to 150, you can buy gear in Azys Lla from the round ball things at the aetheryte place.

Once you get your average ilvl above 150, you can unlock the Frontlines pvp, go in and pretend you know what you're doing, and get some Wolf Seals, which can be used to buy i235 gear from an NPC standing near the aetheryte for Wolves' Den (pvp place).

Yeah that's what I did for my Dragoon's lance. Guess I'll just grind out the roulettes so I can buy 260 gear.

Reposting from a few pages ago:

You can gear up by doing a few things:

1) The Clan Centurio Hunts from the Forgotten Knight in Foundation/Ishgard.

Accept all 3 bills, plus the weekly bill. Use an online guide to locate the creatures on the bills. Kill the creatures, get Centurio points, spend Centurio points on gear from the person next to the Mender inside the Forgotten Knight. Do the daily Centurio hunts every day if you can. You might need some help for the weekly hunt. The weekly hunt resets on Tuesdays, along with everything else.

That'll net you ilvl 210 gear. Remember you can't equip 2 of the same ring. Maybe buy a 230 ring using Lore tomestones.

With the exception of the weekly hunt, this is all doable by yourself.

2) If you haven't gotten your Padjali weapon through Palace of the Dead, you might want to do that. Just run Palace of the Dead a bunch with any class, reach +30/+30, and finish level 50. That'll let you get a ilvl235 weapon for whatever class you want.

Do Roulettes with your lvl60 to get Lore and Scripture. Make sure to get the Wondrous Tails book in Idyllshire to get bonus Lore and Scrip. Try to finish one a week for max rewards, though the turn-in deadline is every 2 weeks.

Snag the post-HW optional dungeon quests if you haven't already.

You will want to get up to i230 or 235 for the end of the last content patch. More if you want to raid.

There are more ways to boost ilvl than this. Some people here might suggest PvP, but I don't have any experience with it. Seems just as legit though.

You will want to get up to i230 or 235 for the end of the last content patch. More if you want to raid.

Ah when I stated that I finished the story, I mean to the last content patch. I have to book you mentioned as well. Guess I just grind that out with daily roulettes. Thanks everyone.

Ah when I stated that I finished the story, I mean to the last content patch. I have to book you mentioned as well. Guess I just grind that out with daily roulettes. Thanks everyone.

If you want to get i260/270 gear just to get it, go for it. But there's really no need to gear up more for your 60 unless you want to raid.

And for Wondrous Tails, you might want to browse Party Finder and look for "WT" to knock out the EX Primal fights if you aren't doing that already. Party Finder groups do them unsynced, which makes the fights much quicker/easier. You still should be aware of mechanics for some of them, (Ramuh can still one-shot people, and Ravana EX is still very much relevant content) but others, like Shiva EX, barely get into their second phase before the fight is over.

Killthee

ilvl 234.
I'd recommend some of the easy raids if you haven't started. Normal Alex Creator gives ilv 250 gear and has no lockout anymore so you can grind it as much as you want. Dun Scaith gives out 1 ilv 260 armor piece and 1 accessory per week.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Alexander:_The_Creator
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Dun_Scaith

Well I've started leveling Weaver and Botanist.
Should I just grind these out before I bother doing leves?
You can get both to lv 20ish with minimal effort just by crafting/gathering stuff from your logs and the daily gc turn ins. Switch to leves when the xp needed to lv is too high. When you reach around lv 51 with Bot switch to collectibles to get to 60.

I'd recommend some of the easy raids if you haven't started. Normal Alex Creator gives ilv 250 gear and has no lockout anymore so you can grind it as much as you want. Dun Scaith gives out 1 ilv 260 armor piece and 1 accessory per week.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Alexander:_The_Creator
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Dun_Scaith

You can get both to lv 20ish with minimal effort just by crafting/gathering stuff from your logs and the daily fc turn ins. Switch to leves when the xp needed to lv is too high. When you reach around lv 51 with Bot switch to collectibles to get to 60.

The cap on Dun Scaith gear was removed. I ran it last week and got 3 pieces of gear.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Is this only Final Coil or all Coils? I still need to finish 2nd coil. If you are doing more then just Final Coil I'd like to join.

Edit: Crap sorry for the double post.
I don't know if we're going to run every&#8203; single Coil Turn but at the very least we will be doing The Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5, The Second Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 and The Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 to get people to experience the story in that Quest line.

rubius01

I don't know if we're going to run every&#8203; single Coil Turn but at the very least we will be doing The Binding Coil of Bahamut Turn 5, The Second Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 and The Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 to get people to experience the story in that Quest line.

No. You need to run them all. Espically T3

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm almost 100% sure that not every Coil Turn has any story cotent but I don't remember which one's do specifically... Maybe just the First and Last Turn on each Coil?

Shy Fingers

Banned
I'm almost 100% sure that not every Coil Turn has any story cotent but I don't remember which one's do specifically... Maybe just the First and Last Turn on each Coil?

Well, T12 wasn't on your list and that's a pretty big story one. Not sure about any of the others off the top of my head.

Xion_Stellar

Well, T12 wasn't on your list and that's a pretty big story one. Not sure about any of the others off the top of my head.

Yeah, T12 needs to be done.
I checked YouTube just in case so T3 and T4 don't have any significant cutscenes outside Dungeon showcase entry and boss death victory fanfare. I didn't check beyond that because I never got passed the Second Coil of Bahamut and I don't want to spoil myself. So it may be a good idea to run them all? It would take less than 5-8 minutes to do so unsynced.

Squishy3

I checked YouTube just in case so T3 and T4 don't have any significant cutscenes outside Dungeon showcase entry and boss death victory fanfare. I didn't check beyond that because I never got passed the Second Coil of Bahamut and I don't want to spoil myself. So it may be a good idea to run them all? It would take less than 5-8 minutes to do so unsynced.
T5, T9 T12 and T13 are the big story ones. Some of the other ones in Second Coil/Final are tricky to do like T9 is, so it depends on people's patience.

dabig2

PotD I've found out to give decent lore/scriptures too for relatively relaxing and easy playthroughs.

For running floors 1-50, you get 280 Lore and 140 Scriptures.
For floors 51-100, you get 340 Lore and 170 Scripture. And I think you get the same amount of poetics as scriptures.

That's around 2 hours of (mostly) stress free play for 620 Lore and 310 Scrips. If you're a DPS, sometimes you're lucky to even do 3 dungeons in the span of 2 hours, and you will get fewer lores/scrips. And at the same time, you're building towards your i255 weapon (arm/armor both +90). And don't forget the potsherd drops for trading in for a level V materia to sell or actually use. Mix that in with the dailies/raids already mentioned and you'll have at least 1 other class decked out in higher level gear in no time.

If you're doing them unsync there's no reason to not run them all.

Xion_Stellar

T5, T9 T12 and T13 are the big story ones. Some of the other ones in Second Coil/Final are tricky to do like T9 is, so it depends on people's patience.

I guess it will depend on the patience of the players who are helping than because T1 and T2 do have story cutscenes and it would suck for the new players to miss out in them.

Heck I think I will disable the auto cutscene skip for stuff I already seen just so I can rewatch the cutscenes from T1-T5 again to refresh my memory if we do end up doing all if them since it's been over two years since I last watched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom