• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks: PlayStation 4 "Orbis" Roadmap

shink

Media Molecule & Evolution are working on new IPs for sure. Killzone won't be going anywhere though. LBP? MM isn't working on it anymore but I'd be kind of surprised if there wasn't at least one outing for it on PS4 from another dev. But MM are working on something new.

Tarsier would be a good fit for LBP but they aren't first party.

Do we really think they'll have another go at Killzone next gen? I know they've been trying to turn it into the PS go to shooter franchise but surely they'd be better off have a fresh start with something. It just can't play in the world of CoD and Halo, though Killzone 2 gave it a good shot.

That said... it's a much better shout than Resistance ever was.

"8GB Ram DDR3, [2-3GB of RAM likely reserved for the operating system.]"

2-3GB for the OS side of things...really? Doesn't the 360 run on a ridiculously small amount?

gcubed

2-3GB for the OS side of things...really? Doesn't the 360 run on a ridiculously small amount?

It'll most likely be the same as the Vita... Which is live all the time, unlike the 360

It's still a lot though

I'm pretty sure someone on here the other day suggested it was down to something like 1.5GB reserved now, with the aim of being 1GB reserved.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward

Rumour is the OS will be something like 'Windows 8 for TV'. Basically a custom Win8 box running alongside a game box...in one box. If that makes sense.

tumblr_m6tub5Xs391rpr166o1_250.gif
tumblr_m6tub5Xs391rpr166o2_250.gif

Do we really think they'll have another go at Killzone next gen? I know they've been trying to turn it into the PS go to shooter franchise but surely they'd be better off have a fresh start with something. It just can't play in the world of CoD and Halo, though Killzone 2 gave it a good shot.

That said... it's a much better shout than Resistance ever was.

I'd leave KZ and take out Resistance.

G_Berry

Banned
Guys we all know we're buying both of these bad boys lol.

It's gonna be too hard to resist dat shiny newness that we all want and need oh so very bad.

That plus I bet they launch with some dope games. Forza? Gears? God of war? Uncharted? Gta? Cod? Mass effect? One of these at least will be at launch, they have to be.

Then theres the new Ip's.

All 60fps and 1080p in your face!!!

Get your wallets ready!!!!!! Hnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!

It's gonna be too hard to resist dat shiny newness that we all want and need oh so very bad.

That plus I bet they launch with some dope games. Forza? Gears? God of war? Uncharted? Gta? Cod? Mass effect? One of these at least will be at launch, they have to be.

Exactly. People need to stop worrying, it's gonna be awesome.

Withnail

LOL at the battle lines being drawn in this thread for next gen system wars. There's going to be some extreme levels of bickering over the next few years.

KageMaru

Don't know about that 'roadmap', the use of ATI makes it questionable imo.

Lol I agree many of us will get both, at least I will. =D

I'd bet CoD is the only game you list that'll show up at launch.

Coolwhip

Banned
LOL at the battle lines being drawn in this thread for next gen system wars. There's going to be some extreme levels of bickering over the next few years.

It's funny I always thought Playstation and Xbox fans were the same people.

Ok maybe not, still funny to see people argue about such similar systems though.

THE:MILKMAN

1.6Ghz for 720? Thats so weak!

Because this is such a silly post I'm going to give you a car analogy. :)

Ford recently introduced a 1 litre engine into their range to replace the 1.6. Because it has various aids it actually performs better and is more efficient.

Gaf loves car analogies

Duffyside

Banned

Heh, I honestly suspect I won't buy either of these until at least a year after their release, and even then only one of them. Hope I'm wrong, but console launches have been disappointing for like the last decade (unless you're the Vita).

quest

Not Banned from OT

I think it will be 1.5-2 gig for the ram. This box will have to compete with other set to boxes for a long time. It won't be simple console stuff but a lot more apps better web browsers, multi-tasking and other features. Also maybe even have enough for a bad ass sleep mode like the vita. I think over time we can see them reduce it just like last time around.

DieH@rd

Banned
1.6Ghz for 720? Thats so weak!

One jaguar core @ 1.6Ghz is way more efficient and faster than one X360 CPU core at 3.2GHz. Technology advanced in the last 7 years...

A new Killzone will be shown for the PS4..and it will be as glorious as the KZ2 trailers! Book it!

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/07/leak-spills-tidbits-about-sonys-next-killzone-game/

I totally expect new KZ game for PS4 launch, but this can probably be Mercenary game for Vita.

Because this is such a silly post I'm going to give you a car analogy. :)

Ford recently introduced a 1 litre engine into their range to replace the 1.6. Because it has various aids it actually performs better and is more efficient.

Gaf loves car analogies

I should of put spoiler tags that I was just kidding. A lot of gaffers dont understand how tech works these days and now things have changed. It just brought me back to that one thread when the Wii U CPU clock speed was discovered and so many that dont understand such things till this day still believe its a bad CPU.

Just having a little fun. lol

B.O.O.M

One jaguar core @ 1.6Ghz is way more efficient and faster than one X360 CPU core at 3.2GHz. Technology advanced in the last 7 years...

I totally expect new KZ game for PS4 launch, but this can probably be Mercenary game for Vita.

It's one of those titles that are PERFECT to show off a new system too. GG will not disappoint. I mean opinions on the game itself aside....but the videos/trailers are always amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGy6SEEXcJA

So good

THE:MILKMAN

I should of put spoiler tags that I was just kidding. A lot of gaffers dont understand how tech works these days and now things have changed. It just brought me back to that one thread when the Wii U CPU clock speed was discovered and so many that dont understand such things till this day still believe its a bad CPU.

Just having a little fun. lol

I knew you were, hence the smiley. You still deserved the car analogy though!

bizatch

I cant wait to see the gameplay videos for nextgen, and even more so for actually playing them. I remember when I first played Project Gotham Racing 3 (RIP Bizarre Creations) in an EB Games back in 2005 (oh how time flys), and was totally blown away. Same with Kameo. It'll be exciting to have that feeling again, which is why my favourite time in a console's lifetime is in the beginning.

PGR3_01.png
kameo07h.jpg

I'm pretty sure someone on here the other day suggested it was down to something like 1.5GB reserved now, with the aim of being 1GB reserved.

Here we are:
From what I heard latest revison was actually 1 core:1.5 gig. With an expectation to go 1:1. On release. Take that as you will.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46199593&highlight=#post46199593

Edit: and there was also doubt cast over that teraflops figure for Durango:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46238500&postcount=1546

Mxrz

4GB GDDR seems unreal. That would be a pretty huge diff between it and the Durango. Not sure how multiplat developers would handle it. But it all seems unlikely.

B.O.O.M

Please please... no more Rico, we should build a rico case against that dude and have him removed from the game.

Agreed in the opening sequence we will see Rico being shot. And we also need a new main character. Sev isn't bad but he isn't that good either. He is not memorable or likeable

You know what..fuck it. Let us play the whole game as Helghast! Let us shoot rico ourselves

I say it looks better overall than the KZ2 CGI trailer.

Aside from IQ and possibly some texture details. Everything else will be above and beyond the 2005 demo. By a lot.

Oh I agree. But I was speaking in the sense of graphics AND Hype. I wasn't around here for it but I did go back and read the Gaf thread on the game. it was insane!

abadguy

Banned
Hey I'm just trying to get an idea of what the playing field is going to look like in terms of first-party software early on. For MS I can see Turn 10, Epic, Crytek, and many of the new start-up studios pumping out early Durango titles.

Remedy was recently teasing something for this year. Alan Wake 2 as launch/launch window game for Durango would be cool.

meta4

Agreed in the opening sequence we will see Rico being shot. And we also need a new main character. Sev isn't bad but he isn't that good either. He is not memorable or likeable

You know what..fuck it. Let us play the whole game as Helghast! Let us shoot rico ourselves

Oh I agree. But I was speaking in the sense of graphics AND Hype. I wasn't around here for it but I did go back and read the Gaf thread on the game. it was insane!

I think it is a new IP but even if its KZ part of the charm is seeing those red eyes coming at you and shooting them. Shooting higs will be so much more fun then shooting boring ISA soldiers.

Remedy was recently teasing something for this year. Alan Wake 2 as launch/launch window game for Durango would be cool.

Yes, Remedy is likely partnered with MS again and this studio has always been very proactive about getting impressive tech running early in console life cycles. Alan Wake was actually one of the first current gen games publicly shown. PSP powerhouse Ready at Dawn is also rumored to be working with Sony on a PS4 project.

bizatch

omg, yes. It would be amazing if Killzone 4 was a revenge quest by a group of elite helghast soldiers (think Inglorious Basterds in space). imagine spending 10-12 hours on an epic quest to kill Rico, Sev and the rest of the crew that made up Killzone 2 and 3. If this was a launch title, and the PS4 was at a reasonable price, say $400, then I would most likely pick up the system at launch...or at least in the launch window.

meta4

Pretty certain AW2 is going to be a Durango exclusive. We should be seeing it this E3 hopefully. It is going to look glorious!

thuway

I want a conservatively spec'd, developer-friendly machine with a base price of $300 and an emphasis on DD and things other than AAA $60 retail+$50 season pass mainstream action schlock.

We have PS3/360/Wii U. Take your pick of sub 300 machines.

Top Bottom