• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting Persona 5 for PS3?

anaron

I was gonna do this thread but wimped out and just asked Persona Community. :p

PS3 version for me. Cheaper/still don't really want a PS4 yet.

BlackJace

Me! I haven't bought a PS4 yet, so I have no problem with P5 being my summer game (Nier and Zelda will be monopolizing my time till then).

Lain

I didn't even know the PS3 version was getting a release. Count me in, I don't have a PS4 but still have my PS3.

Derkon

720>1080p is enough of an IQ difference to pay a little more for the PS4 version. Love my PS3 but yeah, I want the definitive P5 experience.

Haven't got a Ps4 so glad the Ps3 is still getting it.
pop5.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Me, from everything I've heard the only real difference between the two versions is load times and 1080p but that's not enough to get me to buy an entire new console lol.

Especially not since the TV I have my PS3 plugged into is only 720p anyways.

MTC100

Banned
I can live with it too but why defend such a low effort version? Surely, we'd be better off critizing Atlus for half assing it, so they give it more of a try in the future?

I don't think the PS3 is capable of better framerates. I get a discount of >20% for dealing with it, so it's fine, also I don't need to buy a PS4 for the game now.

I would have but I did not enjoy persona 4 as much. Played for 4 hours before giving up. I am not getting ps3 for another 2 years. Finishing ps3 backlog will take 2 years.

Remember the night before Persona 5 was announced for PS4 and people were swearing up and down that P5 was PS3 only because the same thing happened back with P4? Good times. Just imagine if they actually kept it PS3 exclusive in 2017 though...

Prelude.

I'm not in a hurry to play the game since I didn't play 4 yet, so if by the time I want to play it it hasn't been ported and the PS4 isn't dead/will be worth buying for me, sure.

Its the new hot platform,Nintendo needs games,Nintendo-Atlus relations are historically very good,and the P5 seems suited to Switch hardware.

I am getting it on PS4 so I amnot platform begging btw.Just curious.

Nintendo dropped the ball.

Nintendo has never had mainline Persona games so why would the Switch change that? Sony doesn't get some exclusives Atlus develops for Nintendo. Nothing has changed and no ball was dropped. Atlus does what they want.

In wake of a certain other major release also being on older hardware, curious who's backing the dark horse for P5.

But Why?
  • The game was developed for the PS3.
  • Much like Persona 4 for the PS2, this is likely going to be one of the last if not THE last PS3 games of note.
  • Differences are negligible, mainly load time related.
  • The black header just looks cooler.
  • It's cheaper.

You forgot:

Doesn't have a PS4 yet. Which is me.

Its the new hot platform,Nintendo needs games,Nintendo-Atlus relations are historically very good,and the P5 seems suited to Switch hardware.

I am getting it on PS4 so I amnot platform begging btw.Just curious.

Nintendo dropped the ball.

Except it's been in development for the PS3 from the very start. The decision for what platforms to produce for were long decided before the switch or Nintendo was even a factor.

Anyway, the topic of this thread is just odd in general. Asides to save that extra bit of cash (a reason I can get behind) I OP's reasons simply aren't sufficient for me.

What's wrong with that? The PS3 version is cheaper and almost identical to the PS4 version.

Because the PS3 kind of sucks to use compared to a PS4. I can't imagine using my PS3 for a game I could play on my PS4. Huge quality of life downgrade that is completely divorced from how well the games run.

virtualS

Have both consoles but find the idea of buying a late release PS3 game more interesting. It is and was a much more interesting console with its complex architecture. PS4 is technically boring in comparison even if far more capable.

ChrisD

Even if I had a laundry list of reasons to buy on PS3, I'd still play on PS4 for Remote Play.

Also the Special Edition.

Have both consoles but find the idea of buying a late release PS3 game more interesting. It is and was a much more interesting console with its complex architecture. PS4 is technically boring in comparison even if far more capable.

So you'd willingly gimp your experience because you find the developer-unfriendly PS3 architecture more interesting? That's ... pretty odd reasoning, to say the least.

L.O.R.D

last year was going to get this version,but now i have PS4,i don't even think getting it on PS3,and even on PS4 for now.
i'll wait several months.

baconcow

I pre-ordered it years ago before the PS4 version was announced. In Canada, the PS4 version is retailing for $80 CAD. The pre-order is for $35 CAD. Didn't have the heart to cancel it, yet.

What's wrong with that? The PS3 version is cheaper and almost identical to the PS4 version.

720p is not almost identical to 1080p
Dualshock 3 is not almost identical to dualshock 4
PS3 OS is sure as fuck nothing like PS4 OS

But I mean if saving 10 bucks is worth all of that, do as your heart pleases. I'm sure you'll have a fine PBR in a mason jar to make it look like you're almost playing the PS4 version.

lol my god, you guys are not serious. There's no way.

Icolin

Banned

Well, more power to you.

Top Bottom