• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Sarcasm

fighting gascoigne down at the tombstones is a pain. just run up the stairs and he'll follow you. performance is a bit rough at first but gets better. i feel the first area is the worst place for it. you're finished with it now if you're fighting gascoigne. camera only bothered me for a couple bosses.

hint for gascoigne
use the music box

I did use that...it made sense what
the girl said and gave me
. I finally killed him. He got stuck lol

I got past it but I think I missed a lot of items. Even the boar. Though I found a way behind him but decided to skip.

Is there a way to check what I missed without spoiling areas after?

BHK3

Banned
Finished the chalice dungeons, pretty worthless outside the bosses. I only got decent items in the final phemturian dungeon, though the gems were so minor of an upgrade since I've had the same for AGES. No secret weapon outside the beast claws or even any clothes...like why am I playing these just to get more worthless ritual blood in giant chests?

Finished the chalice dungeons, pretty worthless outside the bosses. I only got decent items in the final phemturian dungeon, though the gems were so minor of an upgrade since I've had the same for AGES. No secret weapon outside the beast claws or even any clothes...like why am I playing these just to get more worthless ritual blood in giant chests?
There's some new outfits in the insight shop. I forget which but at least the witch outfit.

Melchiah

Man the fucking camera and getting stuck in tombstones is beginning to piss me off.

So I have been fighting:

1) Performance
2) Camera
3) Getting stuck in the terrain

I always get the dude to beast form and literally down an inch of his life.

Than I get stuck.

Than I lose lock on even though he is still in my FOV. Than performance hits me so dude gets a free hit. Except free hit usually means you get combo'd cause your dude stays on the ground and getting up animation like a grandma.

It's advisable to always inspect the areas. The upper area is better for the last phase of the fight.

You are playing Chalice Dungeons for the Platinum.

I just picked this game up yesterday at Best Buy. Any tips for someone just starting out? Also, should I buy the DLC now and do it on a first play-through or wait for NG+?

I just picked this game up yesterday at Best Buy. Any tips for someone just starting out? Also, should I buy the DLC now and do it on a first play-through or wait for NG+?

Be aggressive. Learn to parry. Dodge sideways or into attacks, because dashing backwards is heavily punished by most bosses. Spend your spare blood echoes (souls) from leveling up to buy blood vials and quicksilver bullets so that you never have to grind for them. Don't bother with Bloodtinge or Arcane on your first playthrough.

Get the DLC ASAP instead of doing it in NG+. The difficulty increase is already significant relative to the main game. It feels even worse the first time through in NG+. It's absolutely worth it, too. Best DLC for the entire franchise IMO.

^ good advice about being aggressive. The regain system (the small window of time to get back lost HP after being hit) is built in to the game specifically to encourage an aggressive playstyle. Also another reason to dodge in to rather than away is that it often allows you to get in a fully charged R2 attack for a stun/backstab.

- Any weapon is viable, pick what you like the moveset of.
- Don't worry about losing a few blood echoes at the start, a few thousand soon becomes nothing at all.
- After a boss, and you probably spend your blood echoes on leveling up, spend the left over on blood vials, or even, every other boss or so, spend it all on blood vials entirely rather than leveling so you never have to farm them. (edit, Young Liar said this one too, lol - everyone agrees it's good practice!)

Truant

Cleric Beast with no weapon upgrades is a slog. I have no idea how I managed to beat that guy on my first playthroughs.

I just got the GOTY edition on sale and started my playthrough.
The dodging feels a bit slow and unresponsive coming from Horizon, but maybe I just didn't get it yet.

I've only played like 20 mins so far. Can someone tell me what the notes are for? And why I can rate them fine/foul?

The dodging feels a bit slow and unresponsive coming from Horizon, but maybe I just didn't get it yet.

I've only played like 20 mins so far. Can someone tell me what the notes are for? And why I can rate them fine/foul?

spongepatrick.jpg

Notes are for telling other players where are the enemies,mechanics, bosses traps or shortcuts. So yeah there is always one guy who is trolling others to suicide or go directly to a ambush thats why you can rate it good or bad

Sarcasm

It is most likely performance. It really kills the game. Than you fight the controls and camera >.<

I am enjoyign the game so far.

You can rate notes because some notes are probably helpful. Then some are just trolling the shit out of you.

Sarcasm

Is there any items that are permanently missable?

I missed items in central y I think but I have ended up in some Cathedral. Wondering if I need to wiki a map and go back to collect everything.

Is there any items that are permanently missable?

I missed items in central y I think but I have ended up in some Cathedral. Wondering if I need to wiki a map and go back to collect everything.

There are some missable hunter runes tied to NPCs if you pass night phase

So I've beaten the blood starved beast, and it opened a new door at Cathedral Ward which leads to the healing workshop?

I'm working my way down the spiral tower, and I assume this leads to the boss?

zeemumu

I have more difficulty with the large bosses than I do with the one-on-one human bosses. I've been through the main game twice and I think it's time that I take on the DLC. Maria looks interesting to fight

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sooo, I decided that I wont do Chaelic Dungeons further, because I play this game now for almost 100 hours and I want to finish it soon.

But damn, the Orphan of Kos

Wollan

Both my co-op partners have died early on at the Old Hunters second boss.
I get the health down past half-point easy enough but one misstep and I'm done (and I'm kinda lazy so...).

edit: Okay that fight became much easier once I realized I could
use the tree for meteor cover.
Completed.

BHK3

Banned
100 hours in the game introduces a brand new enemy in a random dungeon, a big Church guy with a CANNON for an arm and a cleaver in the other. Why did the dungeons have sooo many brand new enemies? I'm not complaining but I wouldn't of even seen this enemy at all had I not decided to just burn through my materials to make 1 final dungeon.

Goldboy

100 hours in the game introduces a brand new enemy in a random dungeon, a big Church guy with a CANNON for an arm and a cleaver in the other. Why did the dungeons have sooo many brand new enemies? I'm not complaining but I wouldn't of even seen this enemy at all had I not decided to just burn through my materials to make 1 final dungeon.

Honestly, while I personally enjoy the dungeons, it bums me out that there are so many unique enemies and bosses in them that a lot of people will never see.

BHK3

Banned
Those guys were smugglers living in a cave, the Hamlet is straigh up from innsmouth

the dlc cant go on sale soon enough then

QUESTION FOR ALL

What does the Arcane stat mean? I'm trying to make my burial blade as strong as possible, I found the Uncanny burial blade and that triangle gem lets me have high arcane but lower physical damage when its the other way around on my regular blade. But what enemies are weak to Arcane? Every google result gives me magic and the tonitrus and I don't care about any of that, will having 50phy+50arcane give me a better result compared to a 100phy+25arcane?

Also anyone have a dungeon that will give me good gems? I've used a spreadsheed I found online but my luck is terrible, the curses are super detrimental and I'm not getting the rarity listed. I just want physical gems so I can finally do NG+

the dlc cant go on sale soon enough then

QUESTION FOR ALL

What does the Arcane stat mean? I'm trying to make my burial blade as strong as possible, I found the Uncanny burial blade and that triangle gem lets me have high arcane but lower physical damage when its the other way around on my regular blade. But what enemies are weak to Arcane? Every google result gives me magic and the tonitrus and I don't care about any of that, will having 50phy+50arcane give me a better result compared to a 100phy+25arcane?

An arcane variant is more for elemental damage instead of raw damage, for example you can equip bolt or fire runes on the arcane slot on the burial blade, beasts being weak to fire who are like 90% of the enemies in the game.

I'm pretty new to BB, only at old yarnham. What stats should i invest in? How many points in which stats? Thanks!
Invest in Vitality for more HP, always useful.
Level up the specific stats that the weapon you are using scales with - there is a letter grading (S,A-D) on the weapon stats page telling you which stats those are. The higher the letter, the better the scaling, the more points you invest in that stat, the more bonus scaling damage you do. So Strength, Skill or both depending on the weapon.

Endurance, yes, but not so much early on as BB is way more lenient with endurance compared to the other Souls games. So I would level up Endurance late game, or when you feel like you don't have enough.

Bloodtinge increases the power of quicksilver bullets (i.e. guns mainly), Arcane is for spells and weapons that scale with arcane. Both less useful if you are going for a pure melee build.

I think the softcap in stats is generally 50.

Sarcasm

Invest in Vitality for more HP, always useful.
Level up the specific stats that the weapon you are using scales with - there is a letter grading (S,A-D) on the weapon stats page telling you which stats those are. The higher the letter, the better the scaling, the more points you invest in that stat, the more bonus scaling damage you do. So Strength, Skill or both depending on the weapon.

Endurance, yes, but not so much early on as BB is way more lenient with endurance compared to the other Souls games. So I would level up Endurance late game, or when you feel like you don't have enough.

Bloodtinge increases the power of quicksilver bullets (i.e. guns mainly), Arcane is for spells and weapons that scale with arcane. Both less useful if you are going for a pure melee build.

I think the softcap in stats is generally 50.

There really is a soft cap and a hard cap. Which usually means less gain per point.

For VIT it is 50, but also 30. It diminishes after 30 but not as much as 50. VIT is very useful.

End soft is 40. Don't recommend over 20.

The damage stats is 25 than 50.

But yeah VIT is great, end when you feel like you need. Once your got both the way you feel than work on damage stats.

Recommend to 25 as you really don't get that much increase anyways.

If you plan to coop/pvp I believe the meta level is 100.

Oops, I guess I meant hardcap when I said softcap! :p

I've had super-mega overleveled characters before though and you still get a tiny increase in a stat every few levels you put in to it, so I guess the only 'real' hardcap is 99. But yeah, around the 50 mark is hard cap.

Really disliking the chalice dungeon bosses so far. Only got to the Bloodletting Beast but can tell they are damage sponges from now on in. Really enjoyed pthumerian descendant and keeper of the old lords but everything since them has been very tiresome. Might have to co-op for the first time in a souls game just to speed through it.

Really disliking the chalice dungeon bosses so far. Only got to the Bloodletting Beast but can tell they are damage sponges from now on in. Really enjoyed pthumerian descendant and keeper of the old lords but everything since them has been very tiresome. Might have to co-op for the first time in a souls game just to speed through it.

In my time chalice coop didnt exist unless you wanto to carry your coop partner to finish the chalice first then he can finally help you to finish your chalice

Top Bottom