• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter (2011) 81

Recovering from last episode, it made the rest of the series seem more light hearted than before.... well... anything that isn't the Yorkshin arc.

Finally have Gon's party come in contact with a Chimera Ant...

cajunator

Banned
I gotta represent that Senran Kagura OTP! Thanks!

==========================

Recently My Sister Is Unusual - 03

Childhood friend appears to have
some sort of spiritual awareness or something? We'll see.

Yeah Its a great avy

Wizard Barristers - 02

*crosses fingers*

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stick with this. Momoyon gets enough screen time flirting with Cecil to warrant my time, not to mention the awesome battles.

In the year of yuri its possible!

The Eccentric Family 04

That's quite the difference, but I guess size didn't matter in the end when it comes to fireworks wars.

And that "Oh crap!" moment:

Christ you need to watch things faster. I finished up the series like two days after our initial conversation but have held my tongue until you finished so that I would avoid being a Debbie Downer.

Narag

Infinite Stratos S2 12 FIN

ZKhTEGL.gif

What was the name of the high school comedy with the super masochist main character? Trying to recommend it. Also so I can rewatch clips haha. loli loli loli loli loliiiiiiiiii

Bombless

VVV 8

I spent the entire episode clapping in front of my computer like an idiot. This episode is amazing. Can they top this? How? I guess I get to find out!

Noragami 03

E7vw050l.jpg

Another nice episode. Good comedy, nice visuals, the case this week wasn't bad and I liked the whole thing with the Divine Instruments at the end.

Syrinx

Nichijou 8

Scene where they were stoned in the elevator was the best.

Nano/Professor/Sakamoto is still the best combination though.

Tenchi GXP Dub 1

So for all the anti hype Toonami GAF has given this the first episode was pretty funny and enjoyable. Voice acting is kind of meh but it's serviceable so far.

Theonik

You and firehawk are in this together to make me watch more IS. Trying to ration myself to an episode a month to preserve sanity.
I like how this went down from 1 a day to 1 a month. lol

You're making me want to hate-watch this show now...
For the record when the contract with Mr.Jeff was proposed for him to watch the show it was just for him to watch this episode. He later decided to marathon it all.
And yes it was one of two decent bits in the whole of S2.

Aim for the Top! Gunbuster - 5

http://media.tumblr.com/5249b0824747f748866851cc3a5fdd27/tumblr_inline_mfti9cUIyV1qfz4p0.gif

It's like I'm watching Gurren Lagann for the first time all over again.
Dat combining. Dat double Inazuma Kick. Dat everything.
Dat Fly High

D-Frag! 03

mJhZp8El.jpg

Needs to be a game since yesterday.

Another great episode. The battle happened a lot quicker than I thought it would so count me as pleasantly surprised.

Tenchi GXP Dub 3

Man Seina is a total chick pirate magnet. Seriously how many chicks can want his D for almost no reason? Still pretty entertaining though can't complain.

Vecks

D-Frag! 3

It makes no sense that the real club lost. They had such a big advantage.
Who can resist Takao's comfy pillows?

Yowapeda 15

Looks like the training is almost over. I can't see how Onoda can really catch up since he's all the way in last place.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Cyber City Oedo 808

Three episodes that each focus on a different criminal-turned-cop. The first is the funniest as it's entirely tryhard adult writing for Sengoku's dialogue. Cussing anywhere and everywhere. Kind of borderline List material otherwise, though.

Goku Midnight Eye

Similarly, first ep was much sillier than the second, but both were entirely entertaining. Basically what would happen if Goku from Saiyuuki was made into a Noir detective and then turned into a cyber god. First ep is true List material at least.

Also, vroom vroom.

CorvoSol

Cyber City Oedo 808

Three episodes that each focus on a different criminal-turned-cop. The first is the funniest as it's entirely tryhard adult writing for Sengoku's dialogue. Cussing anywhere and everywhere. Kind of borderline List material otherwise, though.

Goku Midnight Eye

Similarly, first ep was much sillier than the second, but both were entirely entertaining. Basically what would happen if Goku from Saiyuuki was made into a Noir detective and then turned into a cyber god.

Also, vroom vroom.

Wait what? No way. Second Episode of Goku was WAY sillier than the first. Space-Time Missiles. Psychic clone saga? That lengthy orange sex scene? ROBOT ATTACK DOLPHINS? "I have a super computer in my eye." "No psychic powers is a more reasonable thing."

Seriously. Goku 2 was WAY wackier than Goku 1. Goku 1 just had diminuitive scientist in battle armor riding on motorcycle laser breathing dog woman.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would assume so. Sentai has been going back to dub older sub-only titles recently. If you own the sub-only DVD release and want to upgrade, you can for a fee.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main...turnTo=Archive
Oh jeez, Maria Holic too. lol

If it didn't require shipping back the entire damn set (what are they going to do with the DVDs anyway?), I'd almost consider it just to do a format upgrade. Shipping the whole thing back to them at that point would probably cost as much as just buying the set again when it's on sale.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait what? No way. Second Episode of Goku was WAY sillier than the first. Space-Time Missiles. Psychic clone saga? That lengthy orange sex scene? ROBOT ATTACK DOLPHINS? "I have a super computer in my eye." "No psychic powers is a more reasonable thing."

Seriously. Goku 2 was WAY wackier than Goku 1. Goku 1 just had diminuitive scientist in battle armor riding on motorcycle laser breathing dog woman.
To be fair, I didn't watch the dub. ;_;

Also, was watching with a friend and cracked a joke that Ryu killed that woman because he was scared of what an orgasm was and retaliated at her for messing with his mind. Many laughs were had.

CorvoSol

To be fair, I didn't watch the dub. ;_;

Also, was watching with a friend and cracked a joke that Ryu killed that woman because he was scared of what an orgasm was and retaliated at her for messing with his mind. Many laughs were had.

Ah, I did watch the dub.

The entire beheading the prostitute just prior to orgasm was crazy as hell. It perfectly typifies exactly the kind of violence toward women that is commonplace in this particular subgenre.

CorvoSol

Oh yeah, Goku ep 2 also had Raou from Fist of the North Star and M. Bison from Street Fighter.

Still... MOTORCYCLES.

I know, but the dubbed version of Ep 2 had Mojojojo from the Power Puff girls try and smooth talk a man pretending to voice a woman into sexual slavery.

Of all the horrible dubs this list has put me through, Goku ep 2 at least gave me that.

Narag

I know, but the dubbed version of Ep 2 had Mojojojo from the Power Puff girls try and smooth talk a man pretending to voice a woman into sexual slavery.

Of all the horrible dubs this list has put me through, Goku ep 2 at least gave me that.

Did you watch dubbed Baoh yet?

Mature

This remains one of my favorite episodes of the series, but then I really go in for its brand of surreal storytelling.
It does a lot to break-up the story telling in a show like Yamato and let you sit back and enjoy something a bit different for 30 minutes.

I think my favorite example of this is Brain Scratch in Cowboy Bebop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom