• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

The video on GI where the guy said they sped up CTF has me worried you don't hold the flag anymore. That's one of the things that makes Halo CTF so good. You don't just have the flag sitting on your back, you actually have to carry it and use it.
Hopefully all they meant was that flag juggling is back. Why bungie thought it was a good idea to remove it, I have no idea.

Overdoziz

Banned
The video on GI where the guy said they sped up CTF has me worried you don't hold the flag anymore. That's one of the things that makes Halo CTF so good. You don't just have the flag sitting on your back, you actually have to carry it and use it.
Gotta appease the CoD-crowd.

zap

Amazing! It's almost like you've played the game.

Well, we'll be able to make that call once we play that be-...

Oh. Right :(

Edit:

At the very least don't let us sprint with the flag... Playing speedflag its really frustrating when the enemy touches the flag then sprints to his base within seconds (and don't get me started on it when evade was in...)

Gotta appease the CoD-crowd.

I hate Call of Duty. :(

Also, the idea that they need to modernize Halo really irritates me. Counter-Strike has been the same game since it released basically but tons of people still play that. A good game is always good, new ideas don't make old good ideas bad all of the sudden.

Thermite

Snagged my 3 Day ticket!

Also, everyone join me in wishing Thermite a happy birthday today. He's 23!

Happy Bday Thermite!

Well then...happy birthday!

A week ago, the only thing I thought was out of the ordinary was that it was my birthday...
Happy Birthday

Happy Michael Jordan Thermite!

Happy birthday thermite

Happy birthday thermite! April is the best months for birthdays.

Haps Bday Thermite

December is the best month for birthdays

Happy birthday, Thermite!

Mmh. I'm going to ask my non-HaloGAF peeps where they are staying.

Happy Thermite Day.

Happy Birthday Thermite!
6346590884_79cfe8f36d.jpg

that was low...

Happy B-day Thermite!

Happy Birthday Therms!

Happy Birthday Therms

Certain people might say you just dealt with it, amirite?

edit: happy birthday, Thermight! I remember 23 like it was 16 years ago. Those were good times, I think.

Damn that Alzheimer's! Damn it to hell! : )

Happy birthday bro!

AWWWWWWWWW SHIIIEETTTTTTTTTT! Thanks, bros! Much love to all of you! <3

You should have to stand on the cap spot for a good .15-25 of a second before the cap counts. I'm tired of guys grabbing flags jumping out into space and dropping down on their flag and getting the cap while I just blained him but the cap still counted. Just a really fast bar fill up while on it to count it. Obviously I'm talking abouit Zealot here.

Or that should be an option.

heckfu

Banned
You should have to stand on the cap spot for a good .15-25 of a second before the cap counts. I'm tired of guys grabbing flags jumping out into space and dropping down on their flag and getting the cap while I just blained him but the cap still counted. Just a really fast bar fill up while on it to count it. Obviously I'm talking abouit Zealot here.

I'm sorry, that is increasing the skill gap. Motion denied.

Overdoziz

Banned

Or not make a retarded space area.

Or not make a retarded space area.

Good call.

The reason for this is I've seen a ton of caps that should have been stopped by perfect nades or rockets but the timing meant both events occured. The death and the cap. I'd really like just a small small time needed to really run across for a nice CLEAN cap. None of this garbage questionable stuff.

Havok

Anchor 9 does space pretty well in my opinion.
It's maybe the least offensive instance of it, but is it actually better off having an area that requires shield doors (the variant without them is much better, I'll give you that), with ledges that you spawn on and fall to your death from with the slightest movement, with a power weapon rush that involves you basically hanging in the air for ten seconds? I don't know about that. I've seen the variant that I guess MLG was trying out with a bridge to the inner windows that removed the space section altogether, and I think I'd rather play on that.

feel

So pathetic that Bungie thought the space area was a good idea. But then again, they were probably playtesting with gentlemen's rules.
Frankie, please tell me you guys test with people who actually abuse exploits.
I keep thinking about this. Too much stuff will slip by in the friendly environment of their playtests, they need to hire 100 assholes to help test the game, they will expose every shitty tactic within a week.

kylej

Banned
Anchor 9 is fucking terrible. All the DLC maps are terrible. Highlands makes me want to commit genocide. Every Reach map is terrible.

Dear god someone rerelease H2 on XBLA at 60fps with dedis already.

Anchor 9 is fucking terrible. All the DLC maps are terrible. Highlands makes me want to commit genocide. Every Reach map is terrible.

Dear god someone rerelease H2 on XBLA at 60fps with dedis already.

Damn, did I ship you the wrong car part or something?

Because if they wanted the flag carrier to go 100% speed, they'd just set the carrier to run at 100% speed?

Flag juggling doesn't make you go 100% movement. It makes good players go from 90% to 95% and bad players get tangled up and lose it and die and people get to laugh.

FyreWulff

Damn, did I ship you the wrong car part or something?

Flag juggling doesn't make you go 100% movement. It makes good players go from 90% to 95% and bad players get tangled up and lose it and die and people get to laugh.

Or I just hold onto the flag and get it back to the other base because we actually planned our assault and I just sneak it right the fuck out instead of watching someone throw it and miss it over and over again because the host is so laggy that the flag spawns a second after they drop it.

So after the attempt to make it heavy as a brick in 3, they just went "screw physics exploits" and went with the cooldown. And then gave you the option to turn the exploit back on for customs. I don't see the problem here.

Overdoziz

Banned
Or I just hold onto the flag and get it back to the other base because we actually planned our assault and I just sneak it right the fuck out instead of watching someone throw it and miss it over and over again because the host is so laggy that the flag spawns a second after they drop it.
This argument again? Juggling is faster but requires skill. It also makes you show up clearly on the map. Not doing it is slow but you remain (relatively) stealthy. If someone can pull off a good flag juggle (and it's not as hard for most people as it apparently is for you) you can get back to your base a lot quicker. And that's very important on small maps as the enemy will spawn close to you. Trying to be stealthy by not juggling isn't very helpful against good players as they probably know where you're going anyway,

Top Bottom