• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Uthred

Think I might hold onto my gems for one of the limited gachas. I'd really like 5* Ikkaku. I like the character and he looks great even in chibi form.

Edit: Broke and did a 10 pull, 1 4* Mayuri (useless as I have 5* Mayuri), 2 3* Yourichi, 2 3* Izuru, 2 3* Kenpachi, luckily that FML roll was redeemed with 5* Genryusai. While I'm not a fan of games where SSR's are a de facto requirement (or where the rates are so low) it does make pulling one feel great. Along with the 1K kills Renji that should do me for the moment.

Aurizen

Think I might hold onto my gems for one of the limited gachas. I'd really like 5* Ikkaku. I like the character and he looks great even in chibi form.

same here. I hope they have one soon! for my main team I want a 5* Aizen and Vizard Ichigo :(

linkent

Damn the urge to pull.
Not that i need one, but the free 3* are almost reaching lvl limit.
The cost of augmentation is crazy high for 5*.
What do you guys do to the 1/2*?
Thinking of feeding the 1* to 2* and capped their level for the freem gems.
Are those gems for every lvl capped? Or only once per star?

chrono01

Edit: Broke and did a 10 pull, 1 4* Mayuri (useless as I have 5* Mayuri), 2 3* Yourichi, 2 3* Izuru, 2 3* Kenpachi, luckily that FML roll was redeemed with 5* Genryusai. While I'm not a fan of games where SSR's are a de facto requirement (or where the rates are so low) it does make pulling one feel great. Along with the 1K kills Renji that should do me for the moment.
Congrats!

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, whether to save my orbs for a specific gatcha or not. :/

Damn the urge to pull.
Not that i need one, but the free 3* are almost reaching lvl limit.
The cost of augmentation is crazy high for 5*.
What do you guys do to the 1/2*?
Thinking of feeding the 1* to 2* and capped their level for the freem gems.
Are those gems for every lvl capped? Or only once per star?
Yeah same here. To pull or not to pull? ~_~

As for the capped units, I want to say that it's a one-time deal, but I'm not entirely sure.

Uthred

Does the level of the unit affect how much they contribute to ascensions? Might be worth using the 1 & 2* to max out dupe 3*;s and use them for the 4 & 5* units

chrono01

english tier list:

http://bbs.kongbakpao.com/gacha-ranking/

i really consider rerolling. i got 2 of the 4 worst 5* my 4 stars aren't good at all and i already did 3 10time pulls.
If you're really set on it, it's better to re-roll now than later on. Maybe re-roll for one of the top-tier units in the list and then save for specific gatcha?

While I'd love to recruit now, but I feel it'll be better waiting, since I have a few [such as Grimmjow/Byakuya/Yamamoto/Vizard Ichigo, specifically] that I really want, but don't feel it wise to pull now when every single unit has equal chances of coming up. I'd prefer a more narrow pool so I can go for certain ones.

Uthred

english tier list:

i really consider rerolling. i got 2 of the 4 worst 5* my 4 stars aren't good at all and i already did 3 10time pulls.

Not sure how much stock I'd put in that list, it's missing some characters and its ratings seem almost diametrically opposed to some of the Japanese rankings e.g. Soifon is ranked as one of the best 5* in the game on several sites but as one of the "worst" 5* here.

chrono01

Not sure how much stock I'd put in that list, it's missing some characters and its ratings seem almost diametrically opposed to some of the Japanese rankings e.g. Soifon is ranked as one of the best 5* in the game on several sites but as one of the "worst" 5* here.
Oh, that's right. He has Soi Fon and...Hiyori, I think it was? Nah, keep your account, two 5* is great and there's plenty of time for more Soul Orbs.

Dandte

Oh, that's right. He has Soi Fon and...Hiyori, I think it was? Nah, keep your account, two 5* is great and there's plenty of time for more Soul Orbs.

5*
Soi Fon
Kenpachi
Renji

4*
Kisuke
Toshiro
Momo
Shawlong
Gantenbainne
Cirucci
Dordoni

For PVE it seems ok, but i don't have a good pvp aoe speical, only self buffs :/

linkent

Yeah same here. To pull or not to pull? ~_~

As for the capped units, I want to say that it's a one-time deal, but I'm not entirely sure.
Dont do it, i just did and pull 4x4* 6x3*.
At least the 4* are non duped.
Learn lesson from Dokkan, wait for smaller pool.

Will see whether we can get the max level gem multiple time. Has 2 "awakened" units, now leveling them.

english tier list:

Really not surprise that Byakuya is so high.
Range combo attack with full screen special.
And the 2 strong moves are multiple hit AOE.

If you have doubt with the units you have, just reroll since it is still early. I know it is hellish, but worth it.

I probably should have kept my Bankai Byakuya account.

Oh well, my friend absolutely loves using him and Bankai Ichigo is still a fantastic unit, just not AS fantastic as Bya (or Vizard Ichigo).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay after playing for a bit i quite like it - even though 4player coop sometimes struggles a bit on my phone compared to the iPad.

I need to add more friend, which bring me to a negative point. The friend system and the long waiting times kinda suck. Maybe i just wasnt lucky but in these games you kinda expect to be able to use a friend once he was online. Then again the game is still kinda new so i expect the Guest choices to improve as well.

Vaizard Ichigo is a beast against every non quick unit - so thats cool. Still trying to get another 5* so i can have a 5* team including 1000 kill Renji.

Did a 10pull and the result were rather bad...quite a bummer, not even very useful/good 4*. Might give it one more shot since we are still in the early phase of the game, so there will be enough time for hoarding afterwards.

Is it possible to get a 5* after your first pull of a 10shot...or are you guaranteed to not getting another one ?

Grimjow is nuts - dude just bodies every Boss when i can chose him as a friend lol. 5* Aizen and Byakuga as since they can be used against any type of Boss.

@Dandte

Better is always possible but the game is still young so i would just start saving stones for future events. With three 5* you are already better off than 99% of the people playing this game.

But if you have the time and wont be to disappointed with worse results..sure you can give it another try. I havent tried much PvP yet - but if you wanna dominate there you probably need three 5* with one of them being a Top Tier character.
That's right.

Finally done rerolling, added some of you. IGN is milr.

Yeah thanks thats what i ended up with - will add you right away.

cw_sasuke

Did my 2nd. 10pull and ended up with trash again...lol. Okay its time to save up for an event.

Dandte

@Dandte

Better is always possible but the game is still young so i would just start saving stones for future events. With three 5* you are already better off than 99% of the people playing this game.

But if you have the time and wont be to disappointed with worse results..sure you can give it another try. I havent tried much PvP yet - but if you wanna dominate there you probably need three 5* with one of them being a Top Tier character.
did around a dozen rerolls...most of the times it was a triple 3* reroll, no 5* star. I will stay with my cards, should be fine for pve and coop. Btw coop, everyone cleared the first coop chapter and wants to tackle the second? lvl 50+ iirc

cw_sasuke

Guess this is the first dedicated english fanpage for the game - comes with Infos to Characters and Stages.

Also with a useful Gacha Ranking for anyone starting/rerolling
did around a dozen rerolls...most of the times it was a triple 3* reroll, no 5* star. I will stay with my cards, should be fine for pve and coop. Btw coop, everyone cleared the first coop chapter and wants to tackle the second? lvl 50+ iirc
Yeah as said...having three 5* is already incredible good consider how low the rates are. Everything else will come down the line.

Havent done any coop quest now...was kinda hoping/waiting for a GAF room lol. Just need a Number.
Just a heads up, free orbs from co-op are apparently capped at 300
Sucks, but expected. From what i have read some people are leveling up 1* units for stones...but havent figured out how to do that effectively.

Milr

From what i have read some people are leveling up 1* units for stones...but havent figured out how to do that effectively.
Even if that method turned out to be farmable instead of a 1 time bonus, getting a 1* to lv 40 is an insane investment for 5 orbs, 1/5 of a pull lol.

Did some PvP and came across this;

QRjsK7f.png

kvyGN6z.png

Pretty amusing. All 5 star at lv 5.

chrono01

5*
Soi Fon
Kenpachi
Renji

4*
Kisuke
Toshiro
Momo
Shawlong
Gantenbainne
Cirucci
Dordoni

For PVE it seems ok, but i don't have a good pvp aoe speical, only self buffs :/
You have a full team of 5* [even if one of them is technically "free", as well as a decent amount of 4* [I know, 5* > 4*, but even still!].

It's up to you whether to re-roll or not, as it's more of a personal thing and whether you feel it's worth the risk/effort or not. I'd like to say that I'd continue forward with that account, but if I was actually in your situation I might feel different. Regardless, Soi Fon is apparently a top-tier character, and you have another 5* besides. That's pretty nice.

Dont do it, i just did and pull 4x4* 6x3*.
At least the 4* are non duped.
Learn lesson from Dokkan, wait for smaller pool.
Thanks for the sacrifice. I'll definitely wait.

Also, my condolences. :/

That's right.

Finally done rerolling, added some of you. IGN is milr.
Added!

Congrats on the Grimmjow, BTW.

Did my 2nd. 10pull and ended up with trash again...lol. Okay its time to save up for an event.
Welp, sorry man. :(

Did some PvP and came across this;

Pretty amusing. All 5 star at lv 5.
I love it when that happens, especially when I have two 2x point bonuses stacked. Speaking of, the rewards went out today for PVP! I got 40 Medals and a promotion [which gave my 25 orbs for the achievement]. Not bad!

Dandte

So milr has 5* Grimm and 5* Orohime...congrats!!!

also i used three tickets trying to beat special toshiro..he only has 205 atk and i'm close to 240 but his special is killing me everytime...damn you support specials -.- but i will continue with my cards and hope for a grimm oder hollow ichigo

cw_sasuke

lol ...some people online are just too greedy. So funny when you play coop and the person with worst active (3*star Ichigo) is grabbing all special orbs only to die like 10secs into the boss stage.

Healers to refuse to heal are also fun.

So milr has 5* Grimm and 5* Orohime...congrats!!!

also i used three tickets trying to beat special toshiro..he only has 205 atk and i'm close to 240 but his special is killing me everytime...damn you support specials -.- but i will continue with my cards and hope for a grimm oder hollow ichigo
Nice...I lost against him, nearly won but speed against Vaizard Ichigo meant he took me out when only both of them were left. Does he always get to use his special ? Used his one quite early against him.

Even if that method turned out to be farmable instead of a 1 time bonus, getting a 1* to lv 40 is an insane investment for 5 orbs, 1/5 of a pull lol.
Yeah it's seems to be more of a longterm strategy. Will look into it down the line, right now it seems like a hassle though.

Milr

Thanks guys. I only did a ten shot to try and flesh out my team, shocked when Orihime popped out.

Yeah it's seems to be more of a longterm strategy. Will look into it down the line, right now it seems like a hassle though.
Well, it doesn't look like it's farmable, limited to your first maxed lv of each individual unit. Granted, there are still a good bit of drops from story to keep busy for a while.

Maxing out units
If you fully level max a unit, you will get rainbow gems and a medal sign on the unit
You can only max out each unique character per attribute once
Eg. You will not get rainbow gems maxing out a 3* [Heart] Ichigo more than once

chrono01

Congrats on the Orihime, Milr!

I really want to pull to replace the 3* Chad on my team, but I know when I do they'll immediately release an event. Having a 3* [with my two 5*] is lowering my attack power quite a bit in PVP. Granted, I can still make it easily within the promotion ranks [at least, for now] so it's not too bad. Still, I'm sitting on something like 710 Spirit Orbs. I must resist the urge...

Also, how is everyone breaking the limit on their 5* so easily? I'm trying to farm/unlock the limit break on my Aizen, but I need a lot of blue crystals to do so [hopefully the daily will help with that]. I'd farm copies of Aizen, but from what I see, he doesn't drop anywhere and the cost of fusing non-matching 2* units is way too expensive. Maybe I should stop focusing on the Normal story and farm Hard for 3* character drops?

pahamrick

Congrats on the Orihime, Milr!

I really want to pull to replace the 3* Chad on my team, but I know when I do they'll immediately release an event. Having a 3* [with my two 5*] is lowering my attack power quite a bit in PVP. Granted, I can still make it easily within the promotion ranks [at least, for now] so it's not too bad. Still, I'm sitting on something like 710 Spirit Orbs. I must resist the urge...

Also, how is everyone breaking the limit on their 5* so easily? I'm trying to farm/unlock the limit break on my Aizen, but I need a lot of blue crystals to do so [hopefully the daily will help with that]. I'd farm copies of Aizen, but from what I see, he doesn't drop anywhere and the cost of fusing non-matching 2* units is way too expensive. Maybe I should stop focusing on the Normal story and farm Hard for 3* character drops?

I farmed 3* and it still cost a fortune to get Hiyori to 70 so I have no idea how they're breaking them so fast. There's a guy on my friend's list who already has a level 100 Byakuya.

chrono01

I farmed 3* and it still cost a fortune to get Hiyori to 70 so I have no idea how they're breaking them so fast. There's a guy on my friend's list who already has a level 100 Byakuya.
I think I saw that guy. Insane.

I might start farming some Hard Mode to at least Limit Break my Aizen once or twice. I have a decent amount of gold 130k, so I should be able to LB him at least once. He's been at 60 forever. :/

pahamrick

Rolled an alt account on the emulator on my computer just to have something to mess around with while I wait for stuff to recharge on my main.

Very first 25 gem pull got 5* White Ichigo. Yeah, I think I'll keep it.

Milr

This guest system is ridiculous. If all of my friends are on cool down, I can forget about doing any hard quests. Without true player ranking, it's hard to tell how they pair you up.. I assumed it would've been based on your current leader, but I've gotten Grimmjow to level 60 and I'm still being spammed by level 14 Ichigos. :s

linkent

Any of you guys managed to kill Toshiro repeatedly?
Was winning 3x in a row, then got totally destroyed 2x.(couldnt even get 3/4 of their hp)
Seems like there are hidden atk increased after consecutive wins.

So close >.<
SHSnMcx.jpg

SoulUnison

Banned
Is it best to have one of every different version of a character for collection and type match-up reasons, or should I just keep the "best/rarest" version of a character I have and, for example, feed all my 1* and 2* Chads to a 3* Chad?

Dandte

Was winning 3x in a row, then got totally destroyed 2x.(couldnt even get 3/4 of their hp)

depends on if i can land the strong attack which is normally a super hard kick which knocks the enemy down, if so, easy going. if not, hard time incoming.

and looks like i need to farm chapter 100 on hard mode to get son fois for ascending...yikes

cw_sasuke

Is it best to have one of every different version of a character for collection and type match-up reasons, or should I just keep the "best/rarest" version of a character I have and, for example, feed all my 1* and 2* Chads to a 3* Chad?
You wont ever use anything below 4* in a battle team - so unless you need the Soullink skill of that unit you will sell or use them to ascend your 4/5*.

So close >.<
Unless you are extremely OP - RNG plays a role as well, where does the SPecial orb shows up and who gets it first as well as which enemy a specific team member has to fight first. If Toshiro gets to use his special its over for me ....lol.
This guest system is ridiculous. If all of my friends are on cool down, I can forget about doing any hard quests. Without true player ranking, it's hard to tell how they pair you up.. I assumed it would've been based on your current leader, but I've gotten Grimmjow to level 60 and I'm still being spammed by level 14 Ichigos. :s
Yeah thats what i meant - having to wait so many hours for friends to be available again sucks. This wouldnt be so bad if the random guests would be anything else that level 11 3* Ichigos lol.

Then again the Global version just launched...this should get better over time.
Rolled an alt account on the emulator on my computer just to have something to mess around with while I wait for stuff to recharge on my main.

Very first 25 gem pull got 5* White Ichigo. Yeah, I think I'll keep it.

Nice - thats a good pull, hope you get a 2nd 5* as well so you can rock a full 5* team with Free Renji.

chrono01

Kon's Calamity Event starts tomorrow [the 20th]. Get a Regular Summon Ticket for clearing Normal/Hard and a Premium Ticket for clearing Very Hard, for the first time. Also, 3* Ichigo/Rukia character drops.

I might farm this for ascension material for my Aizen if the drops are good. Sadly, no Aizen droppable characters. :/

cw_sasuke

That Premium ticket will get me a 5* /s

Cool that we are getting a new event though. Is there any kind of Ranking for 4* units ? I didnt wanna bother with them at first but seeing how rare 5* units are, i should get used to making the most out of them . I have Lisa Tech which seems quite solid for a 4* - like her attack range.

Woot! I did my first 10 pull and got 5* Vizard Ichigo, 5* Hiyori and 4* Szayelaporro.

Now I have 4 5*s, the above + Bankai Ichigo and freebie Renji.

cw_sasuke

Woot! I did my first 10 pull and got 5* Vizard Ichigo, 5* Hiyori and 4* Szayelaporro.

Wow...congrats what a 10pull :eek:
I was wondering if two 5* per 10pull were possible...and here is the answer.

Milr

Kon's Calamity Event starts tomorrow [the 20th]. Get a Regular Summon Ticket for clearing Normal/Hard and a Premium Ticket for clearing Very Hard, for the first time. Also, 3* Ichigo/Rukia character drops.

I might farm this for ascension material for my Aizen if the drops are good. Sadly, no Aizen droppable characters. :/
I'm in the same boat as you lol. Still struggling to even uncap the first time.

Yeah thats what i meant - having to wait so many hours for friends to be available again sucks. This wouldnt be so bad if the random guests would be anything else that level 11 3* Ichigos lol.

Then again the Global version just launched...this should get better over time.
Yeah, I'm sure it will. I guess we're being encouraged to fill up our friends list in the meantime.

Wow, congrats!

Uthred

So close >.<

Not consistently, no, PvP seems fairly random (e.g. yesterday lost a few battles to teams with significantly lower ratings)

MiTYH

Sitting pretty with about 500 gems. I've got my 5* Uryu and the Free one you get. I'll wait to see if I get something from this event, otherwise I'm gonna do a multipull. My 3* Chad isn't cutting it

This is my first mobile game, had no idea these type of games were so addicting. I forgot how entertaining the Ryoka Invasion arc was. Wish I knew about rerolling though, but sadly I'm too far in to want to turn back.

Dandte

8/10 Toshiro wins. one time he used his special, second time i don't know why i lost. son foi did nothing and kenpachi didn't hit the green girl at all. Strange.

cw_sasuke

So any Gaffers wanna try out some coop quests ? Just need to decide on a room to use... what about 741?

This is my first mobile game, had no idea these type of games were so addicting. I forgot how entertaining the Ryoka Invasion arc was. Wish I knew about rerolling though, but sadly I'm too far in to want to turn back.

Same here - this game made me realize how much i used to like Bleach..the first couple Arcs and the battles against Ken and Co. in Soul Society were awesome.

How far along are you and which units did you pull ? As someone with a bit experience in these games...we are still very early, 1 weeks i not a lot if you plan on playing it for a while. The gacha can be cruel so especially for this game you wanna make sure to have at least one 5*.

cw_sasuke

Did one more 10pull.. Just wanted another 5* to have a 5* team. After two already failed 10pull attempts this was more or less my last shot with the free stones we get from the Story and Coop.

5* Byakuya

YES... Really happy with that one. Honestly I would have been very happy about any 5* at this point, but getting one of the better one is great.

Not that I have the stones anyway.. but def. won't be pulling again anytime soon.
What's the fastest way to level characters? I'm close to finishing the Rescue chapter and my crew are only ~40.
I think you get enough from the regular story missions. I haven't used the exp dungeon because your rarely get the large crystal drops anyway.

So any Gaffers wanna try out some coop quests ? Just need to decide on a room to use... what about 741?

Same here - this game made me realize how much i used to like Bleach..the first couple Arcs and the battles against Ken and Co. in Soul Society were awesome.

How far along are you and which units did you pull ? As someone with a bit experience in these games...we are still very early, 1 weeks i not a lot if you plan on playing it for a while. The gacha can be cruel so especially for this game you wanna make sure to have at least one 5*.

I'm up to part 4 in the story. In my first batch of 10 summons I pulled White Ichigo 5* and the second batch I pulled Hachigen 5*. Not too bad but I think I'll just save orbs until there is an event or something.

Top Bottom