• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battalion 1944 - WWII multiplayer shooter kickstarter (UE4 - PC,PS4,XB1)

I don't trust them to make a good game based simply on the ammount of chromatic aberration in those screenshots. If they looked at those are said, "yeah, these look good and we wan't people to give us money based on these," then who knows what other terrible decisions they're making.

deadlast

I need to know how this will play. I love the idea, but I'm hesitant on backing a project that I haven't tested.

Watched the 5 min video, and immediately backed this game. I am in desperate need of a new competitive shooter on console that is more so about skill then killstreaks and perks.

Xyber

I backed it, I really want what this game is aiming to be and hope they can make their vision come true.

Just ditch the chromatic aberration.

wrongway

They're saying so many right things as far as I'm concerned. Will be keeping an eye out for this. It also really makes me want Battlefield 1944 all that much more. That's like my dream shooter at this point.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
ss9.png

Mein eyes!

They have a great gameplay vision, at least. Game looks pretty rough in that video, but that's to be expected. Hope this one pans out.

MauroNL

It's already at 30% of its pledge target in 2 days so they should reach it easily. Hopefully they can improve and expand on the game with the extra funds.

RanoNL

2 days? The Kickstarter isn't live for 24 hours yet. 37% right now. 100K seems not that much for a project like this.

2 days? The Kickstarter isn't live for 24 hours yet. 37% right now. 100K seems not that much for a project like this.

See

If the initial funding goal is met, we'll be investing our own £100,000. Meaning the minimum budget of the game will be £200,000, double what we're asking for.

Still low, but yeah.. Also, they were behind Pneuma: Breath of Life

Pneuma, while beautiful, was pretty boring. Curious to see how his turns out but not backing it. Remaining highly skeptical.

Maybe I will fund of its close but o think it should easily get the goal.

shandy706

75% of the article isn't loading for me.

Also...that CA is horrid.

Edit** Boy my post came across as negative. It doesn't look bad otherwise...lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just saw this today, I think this looks great. Never thought I want to play another WWII shooter. Going to wait to see a little more before I back it though.

"Realistic WW2 shooter" but has hitmarkers and is being made by ex modders and esports pros and has no campaign mode?

What is realistic about it? Don't get me wrong I loved the old COD games and I am missing World War 2 in gaming, the simplicity of it and the fun it was to not have to have a million trillion unlocks and jetpacks etc.

But calling this an "Authentic" World War 2 experience is stretching don't you think?
Realistic in weapons, environments, and factions. Not realistic as in mind numbing gameplay like Red Orchestra 2.

Crono27

not going to back it since i despise ks. However when it pops up on steam i will get it for sure. love ww2.

Not really seeing the appeal of this. Just another FPS but set in WW2? It doesn't seem very realistic even despite what they seem to say.

I mean we got stuff like Red Orchestra 2 that have more realism it feels, is already out and cheap.

What exactly is this game doing thats different or special?

Not really seeing the appeal of this. Just another FPS but set in WW2? It doesn't seem very realistic even despite what they seem to say.

I mean we got stuff like Red Orchestra 2 that have more realism it feels, is already out and cheap.

What exactly is this game doing thats different or special?
Think a mix between Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty: World at War. Arcade gameplay with a meticulous attention to detail for authenticity. Basic gameplay with no bullshit like attachments, weapon unlocks, or killstreaks. No vehicles, pure infantry gameplay.

Ok I'm interested but I hope to see the other 75% later. Preferably with Normandy and Stalingrad.
I wish Enemy Front get a current Gen remaster or added to BC.

Nice, I really hope this will be succesfull. Maybe we'll get some nice WW2 games again. I really need a singleplayer game like that.

Consumer

Looks purchasable if they've got the WWII monopoly at release, but the graphics aren't anything special and I'd like to have a campaign mode too. Hopefully CoD & BF go this route soon enough.

mcz117chief

Bloody hell so much CA it makes me tear up!

So they thought that since Red Orchestra is the most popular FPS ever they want to ride the wave? Well they are in a for a surprise...

I am not saying there is no room for WW2 fps games but I think that the market is pretty small since even Red Orchestra (arguably best WW2 fps) has barely thousands of players.

Bloody hell so much CA it makes me tear up!

So they thought that since Red Orchestra is the most popular FPS ever they want to ride the wave? Well they are in a for a surprise...

I am not saying there is no room for WW2 fps games but I think that the market is pretty small since even Red Orchestra (arguably best WW2 fps) has barely thousands of players.
Because it's janky as fuck and too realistic for the majority of players. Plus, it's PC exclusive.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It sounds good, but I don't think they'll be able to deliver. I'll look into it when it hits Early Access.

therapist

The no kilstreaks or stupid bs has me very interested

but for some reason its just making me want to go play Ro2 , think ill hop on tonight

RanoNL

I think they should have aimed for 500K. How can someone make a game like this for 200K(Kickstarter) + 100K (own money)?

Top Bottom