• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Astral

IMG_1507.png

I feel so accomplished.

They should add the GW2 Bounty system to this, maybe in Eureka.

Basically bosses that can be spawned in zones and every time they are spawned they can have modifiers that change their behaviour or what you have to do to fight them.

I remember Yoship saying he liked the idea of getting an item to spawn an enemy before when talking about Eureka so it's a possibilty we might see something like that when they finally decide to talk about it.

Squishy3

They should add the GW2 Bounty system to this, maybe in Eureka.

Basically bosses that can be spawned in zones and every time they are spawned they can have modifiers that change their behaviour or what you have to do to fight them.

I remember Yoship saying he liked the idea of getting an item to spawn an enemy before when talking about Eureka so it's a possibilty we might see something like that when they finally decide to talk about it.
Well, the anniversary stream should be in 10 days and they said that's when they'll first start talking about 4.1 stuff.

Village

Wait Wait

... Does this world have television, there are minotors. There are computers with monitors, there is a magically powered walkie talkie/cellpphone and mechs.

Do they have Tv?

Leunam

Wait Wait

... Does this world have television, there are minotors. There are computers with monitors, there is a magically powered walkie talkie/cellpphone and mechs.

Do they have Tv?

I think they don't have much in the way of networks besides linkshells and aetherytes.

mcw

There needs to be a storyline revolving around the invention television and cable.

Maybe one day there will be an expansion where your character is tasked with going undercover deep into the heart of the Garlean empire, and when you get there you find out that everyone has TVs and Famicoms and they just play Dragon Quest all day.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Eorzea's current state is another dark age. They live in a fantasy medieval world that has seen better technology in the past that is only now being dug up and discovered. Civilization in Eorzea always seems to reach a high point, whether via technology or magic, and then their own hubris swallows them.

Village

Maybe one day there will be an expansion where your character is tasked with going undercover deep into the heart of the Garlean empire, and when you get there you find out that everyone has TVs and Famicoms and they just play Dragon Quest all day.
I would like in an new expansion, for the new area to have someone invent televison or Aether Vision, and now ythey kind of have a film industry, and there is a long series of side quests that's basically this person going to different parts of the world, introducing it to people.

And he's dressed like an old mobster and its kind of reference and joke towards old mob movies n such or maybe westerns.

By the end, more folks have AV sets and you can get one in your home
Eorzea's current state is another dark age. They live in a fantasy medieval world that has seen better technology in the past that is only now being dug up and discovered. Civilization in Eorzea always seems to reach a high point, whether via technology or magic, and then their own hubris swallows them.
That's what I figured, they get to " we know can lock up gods." and then folks fight over who's in charge then poof.

Its like the never ending despair in dark souls, but everyone's pretty and its very anime.

rezn0r

noob alert. I FATE'd SMN to 50 long ago and then never touched it (not once in HW) - anyone have an updated guide that includes wtf I should be doing pre-70?

I'm talking the very basics, I have a bunch of old macros where half the commands are gone now, my hotbars are bouncing all over the place, and I'm literally clueless. The cool part is the summons are basically soloing things for me when I do stupid beast tribe quests, etc. It's like Ruin Bio & Miasma spam right now.

Astral

So after level 70, poetic tomestones are pretty much just used to buy gear for alt classes right? I have 2000 just sitting there.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
so i started playing this 2 weeks ago and just hit lv50 last night. never thought i'd bother playing another mmo since i quit wow back in 08, but here we are. really impressed by how well this controls with a pad after a little tweaking and so far it's actually my preferred way to play.
now i need to hunker down and blow through the rest of the 2.0 msq so i can finally see why people have been raving about heavensward and stormblood.

im thinking of using my free fantasia to become a highlander. maybe with a bigger model i wont lose track of myself in crowds of monsters. :p

Epcott

I'm back, after not playing since October 2014. I played this with my mother, who passed away 3 months after I stopped and I needed time to recoop. What server is GAF still heavily active on?

I'm waiting for the game to load, so I can't check my old guild info at the moment.

mcw

I'm back, after not playing since October 2014. I played this with my mother, who passed away 3 months after I stopped and I needed time to recoop. What server is GAF still heavily active on?

I'm waiting for the game to load, so I can't check my old guild info at the moment.

We're on Ultros! Lots of folks still active there.

IvorB

Slapped some materia VI on some of my better gear and they're quite a nice little bump at 40 points each. BLM plays really smoothly after loading up on the spell speed. Gonna be strange when I throw that gear on RDM for super-fast magic job.

Also the story for savage is some phoned-in sh*t. I thought they were going to go the 'advanced combat simulation' route but it's basically
'listen to this tune and imagine'
. Wtf?

Squishy3

Slapped some materia IV on some of my better gear and they're quite a nice little bump at 40 points each. BLM plays really smoothly after loading up on the spell speed. Gonna be strange when I throw that gear on RDM for super-fast magic job.

Also the story for savage is some phoned-in sh*t. I thought they were going to go the 'advanced combat simulation' route but it's basically
'listen to this tune and imagine'
. Wtf?
Savage content has always been unlocked with the Wandering Minstrel involved, be it directly or indirectly, in this case.

Was going to learn Machinist in case my group ever ends up needing it, but that dream is dead. I can't double weave during wildfire without clipping my GCD significantly, thanks SE for moving the servers to the other side of the country. Even tried aiuri's high ping opener they released today and I can't do it, so great. Reassemble + Rapidfire clips my GCD for half a second, robbing me of Cooldown during Overheat and susbequently turret overload plus the split shot before wildfire ends. I guess I could also just avoid all skill speed gear on MCH and see if that helps, but with my current skill speed I sure as shit can't fit 5 GCDs into overheat.

rezn0r

So after level 70, poetic tomestones are pretty much just used to buy gear for alt classes right? I have 2000 just sitting there.

I bought upgraded Shire weapons for all the jobs I'll be slow raising up from 50/60. Just because it's 'free' and I didn't see a lot else useful unless you are working on relics. You could also probably use them for items to sell, since capping poetics is so fast, but in case you're interested, everything in Idyllshire:

Level 260 Shire weapon:
Buy from Hismena in the middle building > Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (Other):
[400 poetics] 10x Rowena's Token (Scripture) + [100 poetics] 1x Micro Tomestone
Trade to Bertana who is to the right of her > Shire Gear Exchange.

Level 270 Augmented Shire weapon:
Buy also from Hismena [100 poetics] 1x Illuminati Deepest Gobdip.
Trade to Seika (6.7,7.4) the Shire weapon & the Gobdip.

500 poetics each

Astral

yup, level 50/60 gear for your alts.

I bought upgraded Shire weapons for all the jobs I'll be slow raising up from 50/60. Just because it's 'free' and I didn't see a lot else useful unless you are working on relics. You could also probably use them for items to sell, since capping poetics is so fast, but in case you're interested, everything in Idyllshire:

Level 260 Shire weapon:
Buy from Hismena in the middle building > Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (Other):
[400 poetics] 10x Rowena's Token (Scripture) + [100 poetics] 1x Micro Tomestone
Trade to Bertana who is to the right of her > Shire Gear Exchange.

Level 270 Augmented Shire weapon:
Buy also from Hismena [100 poetics] 1x Illuminati Deepest Gobdip.
Trade to Seika (6.7,7.4) the Shire weapon & the Gobdip.

500 poetics each

So far I have a full set of Ironworks armor for a Bard except for the weapon and accessories. Might not bother with them out of sheer laziness. At the moment I probably have enough tomestones for at least augmented Shire gea, save accessories and weapons, that I'll probably buy for my Bard as well. Not really sure if I wanna level a third class yet. Still thinking about a tank. Since I've got DPS and healer.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do we have any timeframe for 4.1 or do we have to wait for that next livestream?

I'm not interested in Savage and tome grinding so I left right after finishing Omega, but I was curious when would be a good time to jump back for the new story bit.

Epcott

Wow, I forgot how to play this game, and sadly, my level 50 character is not on Ultros. I'm going to have to watch some refresher vids.

Just finished heavensward , heading into stromblood as the credits are rolling for the second time.

That last cinematic was freaking awesome.

No more minifilia , means no more miyuki sawashiro .. i am sad.

I didn't see the Yda reveal coming ... I don't know why i never connected the dots with the mask and the father talk at alamihgo when she came back The fact that the tatoo disapeared was quite the magician trick S-E

i counted 4 dead of importance in this expansion. Minifilia probably went away because money or no time. shiva did what she could , that dude from the house of fortemps was cool , i still believe emanelien should have died instead.

The warriors of darkness should have been a bigger arc , it feels like a good idea that they couldn't exploit properly i loved the fight , hated urianger during the arc but i wanted more.

Anyway , let's go stromblood.

Astral

Just fought Susano. Everyone on the chat was saying it's easy but I was struggling to heal everyone with after the constant AoEs. Does the scholar have some really powerful AoE heal or something? The scholar in our party supported me big time after those AoEs by using some kind of AoE healing. The best I could do was Medica II and Assize whenever it was available but Assize didn't seem to heal much in comparison.

aceface

Just fought Susano. Everyone on the chat was saying it's easy but I was struggling to heal everyone with after the constant AoEs. Does the scholar have some really powerful AoE heal or something? The scholar in our party supported me big time after those AoEs by using some kind of AoE healing. The best I could do was Medica II and Assize whenever it was available but Assize didn't seem to heal much in comparison.

Scholar's big AOE heal is Indomitability. You could try using Cure III if you need it (and everyone is stacked up close enough).

iammeiam

Medica II should only go up to maintain the regen; once the HoT is up Medica is the default 'get health up' AOE spell, Cure III if everyone is tightly stacked, Medica if kind of spread. Asylum, etc, also pretty good. WHM's main claim to fame is OP aoe heal spam.

Congratulations.

Astral

Medica II should only go up to maintain the regen; once the HoT is up Medica is the default 'get health up' AOE spell, Cure III if everyone is tightly stacked, Medica if kind of spread. Asylum, etc, also pretty good. WHM's main claim to fame is OP aoe heal spam.

Yeah that's how I use Medica II. I thought Assize was enough for my true AoE healing spell but I guess I should keep Medica around as well as II just in case.

Kudo

Grats, welcome to the club.

Savages has recently brought up my inner urge to play as Black Mage, how's their current standing on the DPS ladder nowadays? They bring nothing for the party but I just find them fun to play.
Also their PVP gear is the best glamour in the whole game.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Hi gaf, I am new to this game and currently level my toon on Adamantoise since it has the double XP boost.
So any chance I can still join GAF guild on Ultros? Would someone kindly add me friend so that I can apply?
My in game name is Fluffy Lafayette.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hi gaf, I am new to this game and currently level my toon on Adamantoise since it has the double XP boost.
So any chance I can still join GAF guild on Ultros? Would someone kindly add me friend so that I can apply?
My in game name is Fluffy Lafayette.
Game doesn't currently support cross server guilds. You'll need to server transfer (cost real money) or make a new character on Ultros to join the FC.
I forgot Cure III existed. That may have actually helped since everyone was gathered in the middle behind the boss.
Don't forget to keep an eye on your mp. Spamming Cure 3 will deplete it quick so use your MP regen skills (Lucid, Assize, Thin Arrow) at appropriate times.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Game doesn't currently support cross server guilds. You'll need to server transfer (cost real money) or make a new character on Ultros to join the FC.

Alright, thanks for the info. Since the preferred servers have some transfer restriction I guess I will just level up and gradually learn stuff here. Once I am ready I will come to GAF community.xD

Omni

Does Samurai have any positionals? I don't see anything in the skill text buuut I noticed sometimes I won't get Kenki when doing combos hmmm

Does Samurai have any positionals? I don't see anything in the skill text buuut I noticed sometimes I won't get Kenki when doing combos hmmm

They have positionals, they're only mentionned if you have Kenki gauge(so 52 or whatever), so if you're synced to lower they won't mention it. Kasha gives 5bonus from side, Gekko gives 5bonus from back. Ageha also gives a lot more Kenki if you finish a monster with it, good for fights with adds and stuff if you can time it right. Once you hit 62 the Kenki game changes entirely though and it stops being that scarce ressource you're trying to save up for Midare and instead it's a game of trying to spend it all constantly. Class gets a lot more fun once you hit that lvl(and later once you get Hagakure).

Top Bottom