• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

They can distract away from the Russia story with Trump getting owned in the courts again and then another Trump associate (guessing Ben Carson) will have a story about being involved with Russia a week later.

Not a very effective distraction, honestly.

Carson and DeVos are too incompetent to even have Russia ties.

I think it underlines Trump's lack of understanding of how serious any of this is that he accuses Pelosi and Schumer of having secret meetings with the Russians, or Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower. Like he doesn't realize how deep in shit he is and thinks this is just tit for tat politicking.

"No, YOUR nose is ugly!" said the ugly-nosed child at the playground.

kirblar

I think it underlines Trump's lack of understanding of how serious any of this is that he accuses Pelosi and Schumer of having secret meetings with the Russians, or Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower. Like he doesn't realize how deep in shit he is and thinks this is just tit for tat politicking.

"No, YOUR nose is ugly!" said the ugly-nosed child at the playground.
It's simpler: It's projection.

The way I'm interpreting it is that he was saying that if they were able to legally obtain a warrant it would be because there was evidence of Trump/Russia collusion and that would be the scandal. It's kind of a roundabout way of saying that though.

Crocodile

"The last president of the United States obtaining a legal warrant would be the biggest scandal since Watergate. The current president having conspired with a Russian dictator, what are you talking about?"

You misunderstood. He's saying if a LEGAL warrant was obtained to tap Trump et al., it means that one or more judges thought there was enough evidence to suggest Russia + Trump were actually colluding. A legal warrant to wiretap Trump means things get a LOT smokier.

You misunderstood. He's saying if a LEGAL warrant was obtained to tap Trump et al., it means that one or more judges thought there was enough evidence to suggest Russia + Trump were actually colluding. A legal warrant to wiretap Trump means things get a LOT smokier.

Yea. If they got a FISA warrant it's basically over for Trump. Seems like there's confusion over whether one was approved in October or not. Either way, Trump's implosion today suggests he really thinks he's being wiretapped and is panicking.

Yea. If they got a FISA warrant it's basically over for Trump. Seems like there's confusion over whether one was approved in October or not. Either way, Trump's implosion today suggests he really thinks he's being wiretapped and is panicking.

Or..... Trump reads Breitbart and this story was on Breitbart.

Trump doesn't know anything, he just knows what on Breitbart and other conspiracy far right sites.

FyreWulff

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Pr...e-streets-with-show-of-support-415395733.html

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

I thought the latitude to obtain FISA court order was pretty wide?

It's wide against suspected terrorists or foreign spies. It's pretty fucking tight against citizens of the US who are also running a presidential campaign. Especially so when the court is virtually all Republican.

From what I've read it seems to depend on the target...surely "potential next president of the United States" would be very hard to obtain one for. The first request was denied last summer, according to the reports out today. The fact that they went back and got an approval a few months later suggests they have quite a bit of evidence. If it got this far he's fucked.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsYeeNywXL4&t=6m47s

How did I not know about this anime dub. It's so old yet so good. It's abridged before abridged.

Lol Supreme Court reference.

Yeah, GS is pretty great. I'm only 5 episodes in though. Gotta catch up.

It's a little played out if you watch it now just because the concept has been done so much.

But what sets it apart is that it's actually an official dub, not something a bunch of guys getting together for a hobby.

So is he basically revealing that there were FISA warrants issued against him and his associates? But doesn't realise the President does not order these?

Also the NYT article may have been posted, but lol.
Ben Rhodes, a former top national security aide to Mr. Obama, said in a Twitter message directed at Mr. Trump on Saturday that “no president can order a wiretap” and added, “Those restrictions were put in place to protect citizens from people like you.”

Also...
Taping calls seems to hold a spot in Mr. Trump’s consciousness. He spent many years taping his own phone calls as a businessman. During the campaign, Mr. Trump’s staff members told reporters they feared that their offices were being bugged.
So he's basically a crazy old man. With his finger on the nuke button. Awesome.

Boke1879

I'm posting this without comment because it really doesn't have shit to do with anything right now. But god damn if this is true.

Don Cheadle
@DonCheadle
Hated him since he asked my friend's father at a Doral pro-am if he'd ever "f*cked a nigger..." Did it for me ...

Brand Hoffa @BrandHoffa
in reply to Don Cheadle
@DonCheadle I've been following you since you made me laugh with that political boat posing reply. You were Trump hating way before treason.
5:04pm · 4 Mar 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

The original rumors had it that they had tried to get a warrant approved in June/July, but were denied, since it was such a sensitive issue, only to finally get it approved in October.
I thought the one approved in October was for the computer in Trump Tower that was sending packets to some Russian bank? I'm confused. Its actually the first time I'm hearing that Trump personally had a FISA warrant out on him. Unless he's just confusing things by spreading FUD.

Military-GAF: I'm in the Air Force and at my base non of the facilities have put up Trump's picture yet for tge chain of command. They have one up for Mattis but not Trump. Is it the same where you are?

I doubt Carson would get implicated on Russia ties. He was asleep at the time.
Source: It's Ben "Sleepy Dwarf" Carson.
Twist: The Russians have been actually poisoning Carson for years, but his slow pulse means it never spreads and his body never absorbs any of it so he'll live forever.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What are you talking about?

All the threads are unraveling. Everything in the dossier turned out to be true.

What's really speaking to me today is the shift from Graham today, and Trump's panic-stricken tweetstorm.

He just accused the former president of a serious crime. With zero evidence.

This week isn't even normal for Trump.

That's what I think is happening. It.

And yet a bunch of people have convinced themselves he's this incredible genius who's ten steps ahead of everybody else. Kind of like they did with Karl Rove before "the math."

Liberals need a boogeyman to make them cower in fear. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they enjoy it. Before Rove it was Lee Atwater.

Chumley

Banned
Jesus, why did Jeffrey Lord agree to be on Real Time? Maher made him look like a fucking moron, not that that's particularly difficult.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Liberals need a boogeyman to make them cower in fear. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they enjoy it. Before Rove it was Lee Atwater.

More like they need an easy answer for why they lost. If the entire Trump campaign was filled by absolute idiots and they still won, what does that say about democrats?

Doesn't help that Democrats also overemphasize the incompetence of Bush and Trump. Trump's primary skill is being born rich, but I don't think every rich person would have been able to reach celebrity status like he did without some amount of self promotion skills and charisma.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Has anything in the dossier been contradicted yet?

The Alpha Group in the dossier is actually Alfa Group.

That's all I know of, but I guess a lot of that stuff is hard to disprove without the evidence used to reach that conclusion.

More like they need an easy answer for why they lost. If the entire Trump campaign was filled by absolute idiots and they still won, what does that say about democrats?

Doesn't help that Democrats also overemphasize the incompetence of Bush and Trump. Trump's primary skill is being born rich, but I don't think every rich person would have been able to reach celebrity status like he did without some amount of self promotion skills and charisma.

Honestly had a chuckle at the bolded. Both of them are going down in history as the most incompetent Presidents to date. Pick any random college Republican and they could run either administration with less self-inflicted scandals than either Bush or Trump. And Trump's only had a month!

Chumley

Banned
It feels like the wheels are coming off completely from this joke of an administration. It can't continue like this, we all know Trump is hiding major shit, and the IC is not going to tolerate it for much longer. Pence will be able to fall back on his "I don't know anything" shtick he's had since the beginning and become President, and that'll be it.

Teggy

The Alpha Group in the dossier is actually Alfa Group.

That's all I know of, but I guess a lot of that stuff is hard to disprove without the evidence used to reach that conclusion.

Won't be real until we get the peepee tape. Where is the peepee tape!?

I hope it surfaces just to see how Republican polling skews it. "New survey suggests 2/3 of Republicans okay with Golden Showers".

"White Evangelicals strongly support the idea of drinking the piss of 14 year old prostitutes, the only group polled to express a positive opinion on the recent tape."

It feels like the wheels are coming off completely from this joke of an administration. It can't continue like this, we all know Trump is hiding major shit, and the IC is not going to tolerate it for much longer. Pence will be able to fall back on his "I don't know anything" shtick he's had since the beginning and become President, and that'll be it.

I have to say I would rather a crippled Pence presidency over a Ryan presidency withe full government control for 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom