• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Digimon:Cyber Sleuth sequel will be annouced on the latest Jump issue?

Why would the PS4 version be the maybe at this point. It'll be PS4/vita or PS4/switch

It's Japan.

Cyber Sleuth never came out on PS4 there, and Next Order was a year late port that mega bombed and only existed because of the western release.

It's highly possible it will hit the platform, but I wouldn't consider it a done deal or anything.

Can someone remind me, have any other petitions made games localized? As in online petitions?

The fact that interest and return for Digimon in west is mainly happening because of that petition that happened years ago is amazing.

Can someone remind me, have any other petitions made games localized? As in online petitions?

The fact that interest and return for Digimon in west is mainly happening because of that petition that happened years ago is amazing.

Dragon Quest VII and VIII 3DS localizations were due to a French petition.

Hydrus

So you couldn't get through because the game is text heavy? A skip function, or faster text speed through would be good though because you have to replay the situation over and over on NG+ and the like.

I couldn't stand the Japanese dub, so I turned it off and there was way too much text to read thru, which combined with no english voice acting, made it boring for me. If theirs gonna be a ton off unskippable text, at least have English voice acting, and if no English voice work, then have a fast forward option at least.

jonno394

I am intrigued to see how long vita will keep getting games. Even though HW sales are no longer great, software still sells well in Japan so ps4/vita makes sense still.

Strings

Huh, so there'd probably be a PS4 version from the get-go this time. Would be very interested in a Digimon RPG that wasn't -just- an upscaled portable game.

Ydelnae

Anyone got the original 2ch post? I've seen multiple places posting about the game being called Digimon Story: Ex Machina PS4/Vita citing the 2ch post, but I can't seem to find anything.

Qwark

Yass, I'm still playing through Cyber Sleuth and I love it. I hope they still put it on Vita, since that's my favorite way to play CS so far.

if true, hope this time we dont have a 20h ~ tutorial...

? I don't remember that being a problem in Cyber Sleuth.

Which digimon game is better....CS or World? I've played and beaten CS but have not tried world yet

Cyber Sleuth is probably the better game. But they're totally different styles, it just depends on what you prefer. World is more about exploration, training, and starting over, and can be quite difficult. I personally like World more, but I think most would prefer Cyber Sleuth.

Thud

All these Digimon games this gen.

Digimon be like:

27zefKg.gif

Lol.

Gimme some BabaYagamon

salromano

Anyone got the original 2ch post? I've seen multiple places posting about the game being called Digimon Story: Ex Machina PS4/Vita citing the 2ch post, but I can't seem to find anything.

Original 2ch post doesn't actually say much other than throw "mon" everywhere and say "a CS sequel is CS," which could mean a Cyber Sleuth sequel coming to console (CS is a common abbreviation for "consumer game" in Japanese): http://krsw.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1489745024/290-n

That Digimon Story: Ex Machina stuff surfaced on 4chan: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/370810896

The 4chan post is basically bullshit. There's a direct-feed logo with the post, which doesn't make any sense considering it claims it got its info from V-Jump, which is a magazine. There isn't a digital version of V-Jump, so they couldn't have gotten the logo from there, and if there was, they wouldn't have access to it until next week when it's officially released and the logo wouldn't be on top of a white background like it is.

NMFried

Yoooooooo this will be my jam.

Love love loved Cyber Sleuth (aside from its laughable localization) and Next Order just didn't scratch the same itch. Looking forward to this!

ianpm31

Have you played any of the original digimon games? Next order is just like those.

Cyber Sleuth is more like Shin Megami Tensei.

Cyber Sleuth was my very first and only Digimon game I've played because it had a lot of similarities to smt games. The latest digi game looks cool but not sure if I should get it one day.

RockmanBN

Glad that Next Order even existed. One of those games that's a niche I enjoy but know that's a turn off to a majority of others. Bring on some more SMT Digimon!

PS4 got the first game and Next Order but somehow it's a maybe?

Cyber Sleuth did not come out on PS4 in Japan. Hence why I have it as a maybe.

The only thing I consider a lock is Vita.

What digimon do you guys wanna see added for the sequel feel like they had a pretty good amount. Not too updated on newer ones

Aside from those already added for Next Order, I'd like to see:

All 4 Holy Beasts + all the devas (we only got Andiramon in Cyber Sleuth)
All of the 10 Legendary Warriors plus human and beast forms
The Olympos XII

More Xros Wars representation: All of Shoutmon's forms, Xros Wars Greymon and his other forms, DarkKnightmon and Bagramon for sure
X-Antibody Digimion
More armor evolutions (at the very least, all the anime ones)
BaoHackmon and SaviorHackmon to complete his line in the game
Culumon
Apocalymon
BelialVamdemon
Arkadimon full line
The Banchos
Four Great Dragons
Kamemon full line
Both PawnChessmon lines
Airdramon (shocking to me that he wasn't included in either Cyber Sleuth or Next Order)
Bearmon
Kotemon
Penmon
Muchomon

Tons more that I'm sure I could come up with if I thought more about it. I doubt we'll see any Appmon in a main game at this point, but it would be cool to at least have a couple show up.

I'd consider Zubamon (the 20th anniversary Digimon introduced this year) to be a lock for the game, too.

WetWaffle

Oh God that would be perfect.If it had over 200-300 new champion/mega type digimon from the newer series like frontier, and more opportunities for battle outside of the story, it would be perfect. My most played game ever, over 120 hours.
Also:
latest

Put Mervamon in!

convo

Did the western release bomb too? I never heard any numbers.

I think it is a decent game for being a modern day update to Digimon World 1.

With all these games coming out i didn't have enough time or money to get the game, but it couldn't be worse than the initial japanese release. I'd heard the old version of the game was bad, but the work they put in for the western release is significant. Right now i would wait for a price drop and my backlog to decrease before getting my hand on it.

Oh God that would be perfect.If it had over 200-300 new champion/mega type digimon from the newer series like frontier, and more opportunities for battle outside of the story, it would be perfect. My most played game ever, over 120 hours.
Pretty crazy it's still my most played game too. 166 hours Jesus.

Zareka

Cyber Sleuth got pretty dang good for the second half. Give this English VA and I'm in day 0. Pity it'll skip Vita though.

What digimon do you guys wanna see added for the sequel feel like they had a pretty good amount. Not too updated on newer ones

Cyber Sleuth was near perfect for Basic roster, and they added good ones for DLC and even some for Next Order. There is not much left I'd really want. Probably Monochromon tho, since I had good nostalgia for him in original World game.

It would be also cool to see Monmon line and Bulbmon.

To be honest for original Next Order, they added some of the desired ones there, Gallantmon CM and Frontier & Xross Wars mons. If I have seen enough requests, I think Megidramon has a good shot at getting in.

As long as X-antibody special forms are away I'm good. :d

Forgot Airdramon. Why are they missing one of the original 14 mons? He was in PSP game but not others...

Frontier and Xros Wars dudes would be cool. I want more armor evolutions too. Give each of them a special powerful move to learn or something to incentivize using them.

Also, Dracomon, Lunamon, Coronamon, Hyokomon, etc evolutionary lines please.

1Od1DgQ.jpg

These Digimon were revealed yesterday, wonder if it related to the rumor.

Fixed your image, it wasn't showing up properly for me. BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon were said to be designed for the 20th anniversary V-pet along with Zubamon's line. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game though. (So many WarGreymon varients!)

Rob2K19

DONT.FOCK.WITH.ME!!!!!!!!!

I ignore rumors like the plague, but it seems random for Digimon Story to have one, and I want more Story so I'll give this 1% of my attention since Habu said he was working on the game.

If it is true, Yasuda and Oh! Great have to return for character and monster designs, respectively. It won't be a Story game without them.

Top Bottom