• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve files trademark for... [Update: And Logo]

Foxix Von

reddit was started with an angel investment from an incubation firm; was later bought by conde nast (ie one of the world's largest magazine publishers); is probably worth in the mid-9 figures; and is one of the top 100 sites on the internet by traffic.

And what do we got on this thing, a Cuisinart?

This game has the curse of the Duke.

No matter what it'll fail to meet expectations of many. Valve is a fantastic developer but they took too long so unless the game is 15+ hours long and gives me a blowjob I don't know if I'll like it as much as I would have at a closer time when I finished HL2.

Now I've grown. I've played more games. And the HL series, as fantastic as it is, is not as important to me as back in the days.

FStop7

Banned
kq5agDv.png

Both linked to NeoGAF, lol

He ditched Time Warner for Google Fiber and got an email

WHAT DID IT SAY? FFS DON'T DO THIS TO ME

cdyhybrid

Boy, it sure is nice to have confirmation that Valve is going to make Half Life 3.

I was absolutely positive that they weren't going to continue their biggest IP and cash cow, and satisfy the biggest demand from their fanbase.

No sir, I was sure there was no way they were going to do that. I was positive it made absolutely zero sense.

Silly me.

He ditched Time Warner for Google Fiber and got an email

WHAT DID IT SAY? FFS DON'T DO THIS TO ME

If you really want to know:
"Ditched Time Warner Cable for Google Fiber. Got an email asking me to come back, so I sent them this picture."

The picture is of the very fast speeds Google Fiber has to offer.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I was wondering why GAF was down. Now I know. I don't know what to think anymore; I really want Half-Life 3 to happen, but somewhere during last E3, after all the disappointments over the years, I had finally accepted that it wasn't going to come anymore. And now it's back here again. Damn you, Valve!

Shinobi602 snagged the HL3 trademarking thread, his legacy is complete.

Well, he had help, but yeah, Shinobi602 just kind of does thread well. Somewhat off topic, I hope he never changes that avatar.

EDIT: beaten

I was wondering why GAF was down. Now I know. I don't know what to think anymore; I really want Half-Life 3 to happen, but somewhere during last E3, after all the disappointments over the years, I had finally accepted that it wasn't going to come anymore. And now it's back here again. Damn you, Valve!

I find it hard to believe this is why. I mean, we've only made 10 pages in four hours. Many threads go quicker than that and don't put GAF down.

Pooya

when is next game informer cover coming? this week or next?
could be it. portal 2 and dota2 were announced through GI at first iirc.

Lulubop

Well, he had help, but yeah, Shinobi602 just kind of does thread well. Somewhat off topic, I hope he never changes that avatar.

EDIT: beaten

I find it hard to believe this is why. I mean, we've only made 10 pages in four hours. Many threads go quicker than that and don't put GAF down.

Only 10 pages because the site was down....

Grief.exe

This game has the curse of the Duke.

No matter what it'll fail to meet expectations of many. Valve is a fantastic developer but they took too long so unless the game is 15+ hours long and gives me a blowjob I don't know if I'll like it as much as I would have at a closer time when I finished HL2.

Now I've grown. I've played more games. And the HL series, as fantastic as it is, is not as important to me as back in the days.

The reason HL3 was originally shelved was due to Valve knowing they could not deliver an innovative concept and game.

It remains to be seen, but if development was resumed then they are cooking up something extraordinary.

The reason HL3 was originally shelved was due to Valve knowing they could not deliver an innovative concept and game.

It remains to be seen, but if development was resumed then they are cooking up something extraordinary.

I see it more as Half Life tending to be the flagship title for them to demonstrate either new physics or a new engine [the latter being more likely].

I would assume they have a new engine and wanted to show it off. What better way than with a gravity gun.

Busty

Banned
It would be madness for Gabe to even think about launching something as audacious as Steambox without Half Life 3 being at least a timed (console) exclusive for the new Valve 'platform'.

Good for him.

I'll get it when it's ported
poorly
to the PS4 in 2016.

Grief.exe

It would be madness for Gabe to even think about launching something as audacious as Steambox without Half Life 3 being at least a timed (console) exclusive for the new Valve 'platform'.

Good for him.

I'll get it when it's ported
poorly
to the PS4 in 2016.

I really doubt these assumptions will come to pass. It completely goes against Valve's base philosophy.

x86/x64 architecture will make XB1/PS4 ports done well, done in house, and day/date with the PC version.

I would really love for this to happen, but.. what would the reason be not to announce this already? Why hold it back, instead dropping it as hype with SteamOS and the other stuff?

Top Bottom