• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Anime Season 2 |OT| wacky waving inflatable sword man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. It's time to suffer everyone.
I get to suffer agonizing over my shitty dating life as I suffer watching this shitty anime.
be61384b4dfa9a88bc4ab40737d10db0fef7c8c9ac343c1065738010882fb38a_1.jpg

duckroll

Did anyone manage to watch the blu-ray versions of the first season? I heard they fixed a lot. Did they fix the rape horse's face?

Ionic

I'm hopeful the second season will be decent. I think by the end of season 1 they were improving somewhat (aside from a couple instances of ludicrous camera work), and hopefully after having many months to ruminate over the criticism they've received they'll push out a more cohesive program. I still kind of expect a good deal of abhorrent CGI however... Skeleton Knight looked great though!

As silly as the clangs were, they were setting up for the sound effect of what the sworded sounded like after it was reforged.

They... probably could have made a better choice than rattling pans, but it served a purpose at least.

coy

I needed to reread the manga to wash the stink of S1 away. And yet I know where I'll be these coming weeks. Why do we endure?

Ōkami

Did anyone manage to watch the blu-ray versions of the first season? I heard they fixed a lot. Did they fix the rape horse's face?
Some scenes look a hell of a lot better, but for the most part it still looks like crap.

I don't remember the horse looking much different, but they did gave Farnese nipples.

antibolo

Banned
Still can't believe this has gotten a second season, it looks so bad it's offensive.

"Oh boy, maybe they learned their lesson from the first season.

tumblr_o1f5iwbaNb1qa94xto1_500.gif

This was done recently on a tv budget by a dedicated team with a great director, maybe they'll be able to step up their game and..."

oh.

Also available in nendoroid form!

65b77c033a803bef30ff10f451bc8470.jpg

Same. Undoubtedly not as good as what came before, but I'm just happy for new Berserk. For some it feels like no matter how good it is, it can never good enough.

Just hope they clean up some of the animation woes from the first season.

Exactly this, I'm glad that we have new Berserk Anime that moves the story forward after the Golden Age arc. Animation may not be up to par with pervious ones but it's better than nothing IMO.

MikeBison

I think I'm easily pleased when it comes to Berserk tbf. But yeah, excited because I didn't realise this was today and just signed up to Crunchy roll for Attack on Titan.

For any wondering, episode 13 airs at 3:30 UK time and episode 14 immediately after at 4pm.

Then from next week onwards it's 3:30 every friday.

Think that's 7:30am for you Ameribro's. Pacific time maybe? One of them? Fuck knows.

My biggest wish is that we get nipple. Please no more blank boobs. But I know that will not likely happen.

Will this one star Guts?

There was a thread on reddit where impressions where posted about the first 3(?) episodes and the fixing was not very extensive.

You can't fix shit though.

Just when I was about ready to cancel Crunchyroll... this and AoT2 drops. I probably should cancel until they are both done airing then watch them all in a single month. Probably won't though.

Arkeband

Banned
My biggest wish is that we get nipple. Please no more blank boobs. But I know that will not likely happen.

This probably isn't gonna happen for on-air broadcasts, it's either that or they obscure half the screen in shadow. Did they add anything back in for the first season's blu ray releases?

Just when I was about ready to cancel Crunchyroll... this and AoT2 drops. I probably should cancel until they are both done airing then watch them all in a single month. Probably won't though.
I say cancel it and wait for the general response to both shows before resubscribing.

DemiFiendRSA

Neo Member

Darg

Neo Member
Exactly this, I'm glad that we have new Berserk Anime that moves the story forward after the Golden Age arc. Animation may not be up to par with pervious ones but it's better than nothing IMO.

Nah in this case i would rather have nothing. The only good thing coming from this is we are getting more chapters out of it......until the season ends and we are back at hiatus but hey i'll take it. I really do want to be excited about a new Berserk show but not like this.

Grudy

Great OT Tizoc!

The OT was the only reason I continued the first season past ep 1. Complaining about the quality and clangs is strangely satisfying.

Can't wait for the armor.

obligatory :D

mdxh2Zg.png
As a Jojo and Berserk fan I saw this meme used to display sadness and fear in two very different threads on the same day. I made it a ritual to watch Beserk before I watched Jojo part 4 because there was no way I was going to have Berserk kill the hype the Jojo left me with.
What's going on with Griffith's proportions? They seem weirder than usual. Also, why is chestnut puck the best looking thing in these images? Is he really the only thing that the studio can animate well?
The studio specializes in loli's so it'll be Puck and Schierke that get animated well.

Numb

8 years on a boat
Hiatus
Shit anime
Shit movies
New game musou and not a Souls clone although it inspired

Berserk puts effort into giving suffering to the fans like it's characters

derFeef

Sooo I am enjoying the Musou and curious about the story. I guess the only real way to get into this is the Manga, right? I am willing to suffer if the story is still well told.

Sooo I am enjoying the Musou and curious about the story. I guess the only real way to get into this is the Manga, right? I am willing to suffer if the story is still well told.
If you want to get into Berserk then you read the manga first, there's no substitute.

8 years on a boat
Hiatus
Shit anime
Shit movies

Miura knows what you crave. He knows what you need. Absolution.

The studio specializes in loli's so it'll be Puck and Schierke that get animated well.

Schierke only showed up for like five seconds in season one and she was still the most well animated character in that season. It's a bit baffling to me considering that Isidro didn't have nearly as much effort put into his animation despite having way more screen time and importance to the arc.

Why is Berserk cursed to always receive the worst adaptations (barring the 97 Anime)? Seriously, why can't a studio like madhouse or BONES do Berserk instead?

Schierke only showed up for like five seconds in season one and she was still the most well animated character in that season. It's a bit baffling to me considering that Isidro didn't have nearly as much effort put into his animation despite having way more screen time and importance to the arc.

I mean, he definitely had more screen time, at least.

blakep267

Maybe my memory of the manga is skewed. Didn't the Guts/Griffith confrontation happen before the arc that happens last season?

KHlover

Banned
8 years on a boat
Hiatus
Shit anime
Shit movies

At least movie 2 and 3 are visually pleasing. The anime is so bad, it made the movies better in retrospect.

Maybe my memory of the manga is skewed. Didn't the Guts/Griffith confrontation happen before the arc that happens last season?

You might be thinking of a thematically (and intentionally) very similar confrontation from
the end of the Golden Age

Gulz1992

That was a different encounter from the Black Swordsman arc that the anime completely skipped. In it, Guts encounters Femto and the rest of the Godhand when the Count activates the behelit after Guts defeats him.

blakep267

You might be thinking of a thematically (and intentionally) very similar confrontation from
the end of the Golden Age
No i thought that after the lost children arc, guts goes back to Gotou and the 2 youngsters and Casca is gone. Then rickert is talking to Griffifth in the graveyard. Then after that he goes to find casca etc. maybe my timeline is off

No i thought that after the lost children arc, guts goes back to Gotou and the 2 youngsters and Casca is gone. Then rickert is talking to Griffifth in the graveyard. Then after that he goes to find casca etc. maybe my timeline is off

He does go back to Gotou to find Casca missing, which is when he goes to look for her at the Tower of Conviction, then he (briefly) returns to Rickert afterwards, which is when the confrontation happens.

The same place, slightly different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom