• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just ate at Arby's for the first time ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Roast Beef sandwich (since I think that's what they're famous for) and it was literally just a slab of cold cut roast beef on a piece of bread??? Like, they didn't even put mayo on it???

What the heck did I just spend almost $10 on. Lessons learned:

1. Mom always says "we have food at home" and Arby's is the best proof of concept for making something at home instead of paying for it outside.
2. Their social media is far superior to the shit they actually sell. They should just turn into an origami paper craft channel.

CongratulationsYouPlayedYourself.gif

WiseguyMVP

I haven't had Arby's in years but I never got the regular roast beef. It was all about the beef and cheddar sandwich. You also need to put some Arby's sauce on their regular sandwiches.

Korigama

Mayo doesn't go on roast beef. Also, you should've gotten the French dip instead (not that the beef and cheddar is bad).

Pizza

Oh shit did you put the cup of melted cheese on it? You gotta get that cheese otherwise yeah it's just the meat. They have some bun options? But yeah "wtf it's just meat" is a valid complaint. The one near me doesn't exist anymore, but I think that have more-than-meat options. Idk, I think it's pretty good shit

Also their fries are 👌

bjork

How was it almost $10?

Also, the god tier Arby's is ham and swiss, don't be fooled by these beef and cheddar commoners

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
qc_zXcXI_dE93pCYRsP5wRiGUSE=.gif

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They want you to put their Arby's sauce on it, but I don't think it's that great.

Their regular Roast Beef sandwich isn't that great. You can get versions with melted cheddar or veggies on it if you want, but the best it has ever been was when they had the Big Montana. You could actually appreciate the taste of their Roast Beef because there was so much more of it. The regular sandwich has the beef/bread ratio all fucked up. The bread just covers everything.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Thats kind of like going to a burger joint and asking for a plain hamburger. i like Arbys but its very expensive.

Also their sauces are pretty good. They dont put sauce on the sandwiches, you have to add it yourself.

fzcAv6j.jpg

The only bad Arby's sandwich I had was a bacon sandwich that was just bacon. No meat, no lettuce, no nothing. Just a slab of bacon. I don't know why I ordered it.

My two cents is they do have horsey sauce and Arby sauce to put on their sandwiches. Also, you should have gotten the beef and cheddar. Also, never go to Arby's without a coupon because man are they expensive as a fast food joint.

I could eat Beef and Cheddars for days. I don't know why your sandwich turned out so bad. Also, mayo...? on a roast beef sandwich? What?

Machine

You need the correct balance of Horsey Sauce and Arby's Sauce to really bring out the flavor. I mainly go for the Jamocha shakes though. For some reason I love those things.

Wait you spent $10 on a fast food sandwich?

Damn son just get the value menu stuff. Regular fast food "meals" are never worth it, and you can get a far more amount of food for your money by sticking to the value meals.

You can get mayo packets, Arby's Sauce (an unholy bbq-ish sauce) or Horsey Sauce (Horseradish-y mayo-y sauce) or ketchup like some kind of normie

I don't think many places put mayo on hot sandwiches any more, especially fast food places so they can't be held responsible if you get something like food poisoning from it

Your sandwich also shouldn't have been cold.

Sulik2

The fact its just a pile of meat and bread you slather in arbys sauce is the best part. No random garbage like mayo or pickles. I like arbys.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The curly fries are what make it worth it. That's about it. At least get something with cheese. Either way you barely get any meat. But the loaded curly fries are amazing.

akira28

lol I don't know what you got there, but it doesn't even sound like anything arby's sells.

Are you sure you didn't go to Arbies?

cold cut roast beef on sliced white bread and nothing else?
they're known for hot roast beef sandwiches on sesame buns and horseradish sauce.

and if you're not getting their beef and cheddar with extra southwestern sauce, and a crispy fried medium curly fry with a root beer, you're failing at the Arby's game.

Also their seasonal specialty sandwiches like the potroast sub and the smoked pork belly with gouda cheese are also pretty unique and also good.

I mean if you go to a place and order the worst thing on the menu, thats kind of on you, not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom