• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

KRaZyAmmo

There are so awesome restaurants downtown and the pinball/arcade place.

Trenchers is great for beer and sports
Never heard Trenchers. Gotta try it out also Miesterwerk makes cars
Miester-Werks-Slide2-1500x630.jpg

xezuru

When I have that extra couple dollars for chicken I just go to the ghetto Ezells and use the fake ass raising canes sauce I made for a bunch of tendies.

The Ikea is banana town. It's nice but until they get a parking garage, which I assume they are making, it is a mess getting in and out.
Any other peeps on Beacon Hill or Rainer valley? I really like how quiet this part of town is, yet so close to 5 and the light rail when needed.
Beacon Hill here. I mostly do kids stuff and the occasional wrestling show.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
My new office is two blocks from Blue Water Tacos and the Dick's on Queen Anne Ave. Pray for my arteries.

Was going to ask why anyone would go to Dick's when there's Kidd Valley right around the corner, but I guess the Queen Anne location closed 😥

At least you can hit up Tup Tim Thai for lunch

you assholes better not be making fun of Riverside California, because that's also the region where I was born.

Sorry, the people from Riverside are great but my weak ass could not take living there. My sister lived there for years and I couldn't take it when I'd visit from San Diego.

But I am an asshole, so pay no attention to me.

Sorry, the people from Riverside are great but my weak ass could not take living there. My sister lived there for years and I couldn't take it when I'd visit from San Diego.

But I am an asshole, so pay no attention to me.

xD. No worries, my parents were robbed twice while living there. Pretty sure they'd never go back.

Mortemis

Banned
Dicks is good, yeah I wouldn't hype it up but it's nice.

Cool that it's coming south, I don't think it'll be good for my health having a dicks and Chick fil-a close to me in the future (assuming I'll still be in south king county).

riotous

Banned
Dick's is amazing at the very least in how consistent it is; been eating it on occasion (and regularly when I was a teen/early twenties) for 30 years and I can't remember it not being good, as well as coming along with good service. It's like a factory of people working hard to get orders out.

Plus it's where the swass like to play and the rich flaunt clout.

Dicks is good, yeah I wouldn't hype it up but it's nice.

Cool that it's coming south, I don't think it'll be good for my health having a dicks and Chick fil-a close to me in the future (assuming I'll still be in south king county).

I'm assuming "south" means Rainier Valley Seattle or West Seattle.

finalflame

Gold Member
I love Dick's, but whoever attached "hype" to them is stupid.

make sure your drunk

Are you drunk?

Tried it, and it was a solid, cheap, fast and tasty alternative to McDonald's that's next to my place and open until 2am, so good stuff in my book.

Does anyone know of any great taco trucks around town? I'm craving/missing really good food truck tacos, but the ones I tried at Tacos Chukis were pretty meh :/

Tried it, and it was a solid, cheap, fast and tasty alternative to McDonald's that's next to my place and open until 2am, so good stuff in my book.

Does anyone know of any great taco trucks around town? I'm craving/missing really good food truck tacos, but the ones I tried at Tacos Chukis were pretty meh :/

El Camion.

andthebeatgoeson

Hey Seattle Gaf.

I'll be visiting with my 3 kids next week and need some ideas. Any good outdoors options for a crew between 5-13?

I already have my eye on hiking near Snoqualmie pass (is that too crowded? I'm aiming for Franklin falls, less than 2 miles total, sounds easy).

Maybe Orca Whale watching, ride the ducks, museum of flight, the needle

I was also thinking of fishing with the kids. But I'm having trouble finding a place geared towards little kids. Just something with the gear already there and the chance to cast a line for a few hours. It sounds cold (we're from atlanta) so maybe something on land.

Any other ideas? I'm looking for places you can't see elsewhere, so that seems to rule out the childrens museum and the zoo. Unless you think they are spectacular and a can't-miss item.

Hey Seattle Gaf.

I'll be visiting with my 3 kids next week and need some ideas. Any good outdoors options for a crew between 5-13?

I already have my eye on hiking near Snoqualmie pass (is that too crowded? I'm aiming for Franklin falls, less than 2 miles total, sounds easy).

Maybe Rattlesnake Ledge? Four miles round trip.

I was also thinking of fishing with the kids. But I'm having trouble finding a place geared towards little kids. Just something with the gear already there and the chance to cast a line for a few hours. It sounds cold (we're from atlanta) so maybe something on land.

Any other ideas? I'm looking for places you can't see elsewhere, so that seems to rule out the childrens museum and the zoo. Unless you think they are spectacular and a can't-miss item.

MoPop Museum (formery EMP/SciFi Museum)?

Go over to Alki in West Seattle and have lunch at Marination Makai. Ballard Locks are really cool. I'd also suggest visiting Green Lake. Big park, 2.5 mile loop to walk. People fish there (catch and release) but I can't think of anywhere that does the "kid fishing gear provided" thing around. I know what you're talking about, I remember doing something like that on vacation in Montana as a little kid. The fishing charter stuff is out on the coast, not here on the Puget Sound. Maybe hit up the University Farmer's Market? I go every week, but it's pretty cool. The big Starbucks roasting place in Capitol Hill is impressive and a big hit with tourists.

Do you like beer? Reubens (Ballard) and Fremont Brewing are both great and very family friendly. Holy Mountain is my favorite in the city, but 21+.

might be difficult for fishing, though I'm only a novice fly fisher. My pops came down a few weeks ago and we went in to see where the fish were biting. They were saying up near Yakima was the best place.

Phthisis

Get there early. Place is a zoo. If you don't mind driving further out (you'll have a better experience), I'd recommend Wallace Falls or Heybrook Lookout.

_mail

What are everybody's opinions of Sea-Tac? I really like it, perhaps I'm biased from living here my entire life but aside from the darn N gates shuttle I always enjoy flying from it for some reason.

cdyhybrid

What are everybody's opinions of Sea-Tac? I really like it, perhaps I'm biased from living here my entire life but aside from the darn N gates shuttle I always enjoy flying from it for some reason.

I like it. Being able to get there via light rail and not having to bum a ride or pay $30 for a Lyft is incredible, too.

Trouble

Banned

It sucks for flying non-rev (standby) out of for any airline that's not Alaska. It's definitely nicer than any other airport that is an airline hub, that's for sure.

I like it. Being able to get there via light rail and not having to bum a ride or pay $30 for a Lyft is incredible, too.

Light rail is definitely nice. I still Uber when I'm traveling on business because I'm not paying for it and it takes like 1/4 the time from Cap Hill.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Man when you fly in at midnight and it's gate d2...

But it's always N100

C gates have beechers and legitimately the best breakfast sandwich in Washington.

andthebeatgoeson

Maybe Rattlesnake Ledge? Four miles round trip.

MoPop Museum (formery EMP/SciFi Museum)?

Go over to Alki in West Seattle and have lunch at Marination Makai. Ballard Locks are really cool. I'd also suggest visiting Green Lake. Big park, 2.5 mile loop to walk. People fish there (catch and release) but I can't think of anywhere that does the "kid fishing gear provided" thing around. I know what you're talking about, I remember doing something like that on vacation in Montana as a little kid. The fishing charter stuff is out on the coast, not here on the Puget Sound. Maybe hit up the University Farmer's Market? I go every week, but it's pretty cool. The big Starbucks roasting place in Capitol Hill is impressive and a big hit with tourists.

Do you like beer? Reubens (Ballard) and Fremont Brewing are both great and very family friendly. Holy Mountain is my favorite in the city, but 21+.

Get there early. Place is a zoo. If you don't mind driving further out (you'll have a better experience), I'd recommend Wallace Falls or Heybrook Lookout.
Thanks. I did go to rattle snake on Sunday because the roads were closed further east at Franklin falls and it started to snow.

Did the duck tour and the needle today. That's a ballin ass kids park at the pop culture museum.

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow. But damn at Mt Rainier. And the weather has held up, besides being Atlanta Winter cold.

Top Bottom