• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker(R&D on a Prototype since FF7)

Cianalas

Quazar said:
So it sounds like TGS will be the day. Or maybe he's waiting for an answer still on E3.
I remember LO being shown at E3 05 (and maybe BD as well), the same year the 360 was unveiled, so it could happen I guess.

harSon

Banned
DemonSwordsman said:
well i hope he makes something good now that MS isnt forcing him to make a FF clone and DQ clone.

If Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are considered not good, I hope other Publishers force their studios into making such shitty.

Aeana

DemonSwordsman said:
well i hope he makes something good now that MS isnt forcing him to make a FF clone and DQ clone.

They haven't made a DQ clone yet.

And besides, Sakaguchi has proven several times now that he's really not very good at making anything that's not like Final Fantasy.

Gomu Gomu

When people say Lost Odessy 2, do they mean a continuation for the story (same characters) ? or is it like asking for a new Final Fantasy title? You know everything is new except for the gameplay mechanics.

MoogPaul

Gomu Gomu said:
When people say Lost Odessy 2, do they mean a continuation for the story (same characters) ? or is it like asking for a new Final Fantasy title? You know everything is new except for the gameplay mechanics.

I'd prefer it to be Seth based sequel.

Gomu Gomu said:
New Story.
New characters.
New gameplay.
New graphics.
....New freakin plot.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Aeana said:
They haven't made a DQ clone yet.

...?

Lost Odyssey is closer to Final Fantasy (X, anyway) than Blue Dragon is to Dragon Quest, but c'mon...its intentions were pretty obvious.

Quazar

About Sakaguchis story concept:

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/en/column_eng/pg116.html

Sakaguchi said:
The previous "reDREAM" plot was something I started to write for a certain project. It's been a long time since then. When I read it over again, the little details were lacking....(note to self)
I was thinking, the point I was trying to get across is that the main character didn't know whether he was in the virtual world via implanted data in his brain, or if he was in the real world as a soldier on a mission without any regret. I like the notion that he could be reckless and bad-mannered in the virtual world, but those actions also affecting the real world. Like what goes around comes around. Like MMORPGs, action of immoral behavior somewhat reflects one's true private life....something like that anyway.

Ryn

Quazar said:
LO2 would be cool. I'd take a Feel+ RPG with or without MW though.

Yeah, I would love a Lost Odyssey 2. Hell, I'll take any good RPG to play at this point. I've been shuffling around trying to play one recently and have had zero luck unfortnately.

Gomu Gomu said:

Honestly, I could go for either or. I really like (most of..) the FF series and how they're all disjointed from each other. But on the other hand, Lost Odyssey was so good that I wouldn't mind a sequel. Just don't start pulling this FFX-2/LO-2-3-X junk.
Depsite FFX-2 being oddly entertaining...ish

wRATH2x

Banned
Yes cant wait!

Also I remember reading somewhere that Mistwalker intend on making Lost Odyssey sequels with a different cast but the immortals still being part of that cast. Basically you play as Kaim with a different set of characters.

Quazar

So not sure if this image is new or not but we have a pic of something!

fujisaka.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WTF?
Is that a hamburger patty on his desk?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Mistwalker hasn't sold me, I have yet to see an amazing game come from them (Well I haven't tried Lost Odyssey but I did play Blue Dragon and found it terrible. ASH was the one game i wanted to try but it never came to NA)

Seriously, the guy has a history, but I think the Mistwalker thing is about as evident as what (Blanking on name >.<) Tecmo guy said about Itagaki (sp?) where its the team NOT the one guy that makes a game special.

Maybe they will release something good but at the moment I can't see the hype for everything he does

Mamesj

Banned
lsslave said:
Mistwalker hasn't sold me, I have yet to see an amazing game come from them (Well I haven't tried Lost Odyssey but I did play Blue Dragon and found it terrible. ASH was the one game i wanted to try but it never came to NA)

Seriously, the guy has a history, but I think the Mistwalker thing is about as evident as what (Blanking on name >.<) Tecmo guy said about Itagaki (sp?) where its the team NOT the one guy that makes a game special.

Maybe they will release something good but at the moment I can't see the hype for everything he does

Lost Odyssey was a step in the right direction, but yeah, it seems like Mizuguchi's time has passed. (and yeah, it'll be interesting to see what Itagaki does without Team Ninja...though supposedly he took some members with him when he left.)

Top Bottom