• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could we be seeing a Gears of War 4 MP reveal this weekend?

Anybody else surprised by that stat that 45% of Gears Ultimate players are new to the series?

Currently wondering if Gears 4 will have a bigger launch than Halo 5.

Well they did include it in their US console bundle so that could be a factor.

I have predicting the possibility of that happening though. Praise be Gears, Marcus is going to curb stomp the helmet off Chief, show him whose boss.

Is it for any UE player or just players up to a certain date?

For Xbox One players who played the game whilst signed into Xbox Live by March 1st 2016.

Bgamer90

Banned
Well they did include it in their US console bundle so that could be a factor.

Yeah, that's a good point. A lot of kids/teens got the Gears bundle this Christmas -- people who were too young (or maybe not even born yet) when the first Gears of War game released.

I'd take that bet.

Bigger install-base, buoyed by a potential slim launch and total rebranding of the XBO - it could do it.

All hypothetical of course.

Yeah, I definitely think it's possible if they tie the game's launch with a slim redesign. Xbox One userbase will be bigger in Fall 2016 vs. where it was during October 2015 too (obviously).

Chris1

I think Gears will outsell Halo 5 as well unless it reviews terribly which I don't see happening. Bigger install base, isn't coming off the heels of a broken game (MCC), mass bundled UE and they've given away almost all gears games with gold on the 360 so that should help a bit too.

Insane to think that Gears might actually be Xbox's biggest franchise now lol.

I think Gears will outsell Halo 5 as well unless it reviews terribly which I don't see happening. Bigger install base, isn't coming off the heels of a broken game (MCC), mass bundled UE and they've given away almost all gears games with gold on the 360 so that should help a bit too.

Insane to think that Gears might actually be Xbox's biggest franchise now lol.

It was destiny though. Gears has always been better than Halo, time for it to reign supreme
/bait

pizzacat

Banned
Hmm haven't seen it since but yeah that alone was enough for a bad reveal imo. Plus it just looked kinda boring

Is two-piecing in UE?
It's a remake of 1 so yea. It's even worse in 1 because there was a stun time and the animation of the melee is faster than that stun animation so you get a free shot off a melee

lmao finish it off on grid

If they do a PC day one launch, maybe

I really don't think it needs that to do it. Obviously it would help but the opening NPD was about 930k I think? As someone said above Halo had a few things going against it and I don't think Gears really has any of the same things that would hamper Gears 4 in the same way.

Obviously Gears 4 will need to be in-line quality wise with other games in the franchise to do this. Believe in Rod

Imagine if they were all like "Gears Alpha. Download today".

Top Bottom