• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Ezalc

Glad there's a new Smash like fighting game too bad I'll probably hate a majority of the roster. Don't get me wrong there was plenty I hated about SSBB's roster as well, but there was probably less hate there and more disappointment.

As a Nintendo fan, this literally makes me sick. SSB is a staple of Nintendo, and it's not right for another company to basically copy and paste the game and call it their own. Hopefully Nintendo will sue or something, because this is so wrong.
You honestly can't be serious......

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I think the use of the word rip-off while accurate in some sense, is intentionally being used here to be offensive. It borrows heavily, thats for damn sure, and as soon as footage is youtubed up and folks see it, they will agree, noone is denying that. Its just that I think you can acknowledge it without intentionally stirring shit.

I don't mean to be stirring shit, it's just the first thing that comes to my mind when I see it. I think the "lol u mad, bro?" people are the ones stirring the shit.

You can say this about any game of the same genre. It's about time we got another party fighter.

Why would they credit smash brothers? It's not like every shooter credits doom.

Smash is great, we need more.

Are you fucking kidding me? No one looks at MvC3 and Mortal Kombat and sees the same game, the situations couldn't be farther from comparable.

As a Nintendo fan, this literally makes me sick. SSB is a staple of Nintendo, and it's not right for another company to basically copy and paste the game and call it their own. Hopefully Nintendo will sue or something, because this is so wrong.

sSNgZ.gif

thuway

For the new page:

20120322102259-8aea92f6.gif

If Sony would at the very least credit Smash Bros as the inspiration for this game then I'd respect it, because what I'm seeing is Smash Bros.

Inspiring is a very funny word to use in this situation. Whether you like the fact that its a rip-off or not, saying it isn't a rip-off is delusional.

yep, even being shot with fire while in mid air looked exactly like smash. I never thought it would be this shameless a ripoff.

Without the charm.

Holy shit it looks likes blatant ripoff from the little they showed so far.

I didn't even know it was Sony Smash Bros until I heard Kratos. I thought they would have did something a little different.

Copying other games in the genre is fine. 

Blatantly copying everything about the game? Ok, that's pushing it.

nintendo invented crossover fighting games.

Inspiring something is quite different than basically reskinning

This. Stage layout, screen set-up, physics, even Radec's gimmick...it's the same game.

And Buzz? Seriously?

tumblr_m1wzkdYzYT1qfcg6d.gif

It's over, HERE IS THE INFORMATIONZ:

- Smash bros gameplay confirmed
- HOLIDAY RELEASE
- 60 FPS confirmed (nerds)
- multiplayer with options
- 3rd party characters are in
- 3 layers of super for each character
- Looks like life bars instead of numbers
- Hades stage (hades doing things during the fight)
- Buzz stage (get quizzed DURING the fight)
- LBP stage (starts off empty, stage builds as you play)
- Sandover Village stage
- Ratchet and Clank stage with Hydra from GoW
- Patapons doing things to Hades, combining characters for stages
- fat princess
- sly (can turn invisible cuz he stealthy)
- kratos
- Sweet Tooth
- Radec
- Parappa

CAPPPPPSLOCKKK

Somebody's salty
neRNX.gif

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Ohwow.jpg

Yes, let's continue to complain that the game uses a formula that has been duplicated well exactly 0 times since 1999.

Da hell wrong wit some of you people?

Smash Bros with Sony + 3rd party characters? WHERE DO I PREORDER

Top Bottom