• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

is there an explanation on how to raid by yourself? Or what the best item management techniques are?

Why are all the Pokemon Go YouTubers so obnoxious?!

is there an explanation on how to raid by yourself? Or what the best item management techniques are?

Why are all the Pokemon Go YouTubers so obnoxious?!

Depending on your level, I wouldn't tackle any raids by yourself unless there level 1 or 2.

If your over 30, you could take a level 3 with the right pokemon.

Anything higher your going to need a group.

The only pokemon YouTuber I like is trainer tips, but even he has gotten obnoxious lately.

Loto

yay not having to travel halfway across the world! there's a lot of people playing here at the Anaheim convention center it's nice.

Are the Unowns and Kangaskhan's spawning into the evening? I am about two hours away not sure if I should go tonight or in the morning.

Thanks!

Yes it's 100% if you don't have a free / orange raid pass and you haven't already gotten one today.

If you are holding one from a previous day you won't get one until you spend it

So I think I got my free one earlier today around 5am and I used it and messed up since I didn't know what I was doing.

Can I get more than 1 in a day or is there no point of me going to gyms to swipe the pokestops?

So I think I got my free one earlier today around 5am and I used it and messed up since I didn't know what I was doing.

Can I get more than 1 in a day or is there no point of me going to gyms to swipe the pokestops?

1 a day unless you buy more.

Now you know how this game is funded lol

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
today was a great day got 8 kangas got a bunch of unowns got all the letters for worlds and they had 2 artacuno raids in the middle of the convention area and finally got 2 of those and now to top the day off by calling sick for work so I can get some sleep

border

Can you still get Fast/Charged TMs from Level 3 Raids?

Did one today and the game gave me potions like 20 revives -- that is incredibly lame. If I wanted that stuff I'd just be spinning Pokestops all day.

border

Yes. Even lvl. 1 raids.

Well, I guess I'd amend the question to read "Is there still a relatively decent chance of getting a TM from a Level 3 raid?" I know there was always some really remote drop chance for a TM at every tier, but I was hoping they are still relatively common drops in Tier 3.

I cannot keep up with some of these players. If I meet up at a raid these group are going on a raid parade for like 7 more raids after that. I'm not willing to spill the gil for that many raids a day. It's smart marketing with the whole scheme but I am not a good customer.

Huh, I saw a pretty clever fix for Slaking on Reddit, that doesn't involve stat nerfing or require abilities to be added: make Slaking's quick move Slack Off (without the healing effect, which isn't in Go anyway), a 0 damage move, so it can only do damage via charge moves. That way it's effectively the same gimmick as the core games, where Slaking could only attack every other move.

Acerac

Banned
Well, I guess I'd amend the question to read "Is there still a relatively decent chance of getting a TM from a Level 3 raid?" I know there was always some really remote drop chance for a TM at every tier, but I was hoping they are still relatively common drops in Tier 3.
Oh goodness no, the odds are abysmal. Adding to the fun is that the odds have recently been lowered from the highest tier raids as well.

But at least now we also get potions from raids, so people who don't do anything but go from raid to raid don't have to actually do anything other than go from raid to raid. This is good because now whales can avoid playing the part of the game that doesn't actively make Niantic more money.

robochimp

I decided to load up the game one last time before bed and a level 23 87% larvatar spawned. I've never seen one in the wild, I live in a grass biome. They're really getting us ready for Mewtwo.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't got anything from lvl 3 raids in days now (well other than many revives and potions I tossed right away). I think I'll just quit until we actually know what's going on with Mewtwo. I used to enjoy hitting up a raid to solo each day but if there's no rewards what's the point?

I feel like the game is basically only for the people out there doing 40 raids a day or whatever. It's a shame, in the beginning raids seemed like a good idea but I feel like it hasn't really worked out in the end

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Haven't got anything from lvl 3 raids in days now (well other than many revives and potions I tossed right away). I think I'll just quit until we actually know what's going on with Mewtwo. I used to enjoy hitting up a raid to solo each day but if there's no rewards what's the point?

I feel like the game is basically only for the people out there doing 40 raids a day or whatever. It's a shame, in the beginning raids seemed like a good idea but I feel like it hasn't really worked out in the end

well Mewtwo requires you to do raids previously to get invited, so you probably want to keep doing raids, even if solo, at gyms you haven't done raids at in the interim

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
well Mewtwo requires you to do raids previously to get invited, so you probably want to keep doing raids, even if solo, at gyms you haven't done raids at in the interim

Yeah I did a few for that reason a few days ago but we still don't know exactly what counts right? Hopefully they'll let us know and I can do a few more then if I need to

Joni

Welp I guess I will just make sure to get my 1 a day for raiding on the weekend

Also if there is a Pokemon nest when I go there should I drop a lure or do anything special besides just walk around?
Just walk around. If it is a busy nest, you won't have time to sit at the lures.

taylor910

Welp I guess I will just make sure to get my 1 a day for raiding on the weekend

Also if there is a Pokemon nest when I go there should I drop a lure or do anything special besides just walk around?

I usually only do raids on weekends as well. Make sure to get a free raid pass during the week and hold it. When you end up using it you can spin again and get another, two free raids in one day.

border

There's really no point in leveling up a Pokemon anymore, unless you intend for it to be part of a raid group.

The gym system has been massively nerfed, so it doesn't really matter what you put in them. Make sure to participate since it's easy money.

How long should I wait?

At least lvl 20 I would say. But you could even wait until 30. Because the wild Pokemon you encounter can't be higher than lvl 30. So from then on it makes sense to level up you highest above 30 if you want.
The problem if you level them up earlier is that you might encounter even better ones later and then you might feel like you wasted your stardust.
But if you have some high IV Snorlax, Blissey, Dragonite or such it wouldn't be too bad to level them up. Just don't waste that precious stardust on mediocore Pokemon. Trust me you will starve for stardust later in the game.

At least lvl 20 I would say. But you could even wait until 30. Because the wild Pokemon you encounter can't be higher than lvl 30. So from then on it makes sense to level up you highest above 30 if you want.
The problem if you level them up earlier is that you might encounter even better ones later and then you might feel like you wasted your stardust.
But if you have some high IV Snorlax, Blissey, Dragonite or such it wouldn't be too bad to level them up. Just don't waste that precious stardust on mediocore Pokemon. Trust me you will starve for stardust later in the game.

I'm comfortable waiting until level 30. Are raid Pokemon level 30 as well?

I do not believe I leveled up any of my Pokemon as of yet and I'm level 22.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
until they change the combat system and then ivs will matter like they do in the mainline games then youll be regretting spending a ton of stardust on weaker pokemon of course thats all maybes but if it dose happen youll wish you didnt waste the stardust

So from my understanding don't level up bad IV pokemon.

But if I were to catch two Charizards with identical good IVs. One from the raid at level 20 and another in the wild at level 30. Is there a difference between them once I level them up to the same level?

Joni

So Pokemon encountered out in the world are stronger than their raid counterparts?

They can be. Wild Pokémon are random level between 1 and 30.

until they change the combat system and then ivs will matter like they do in the mainline games then youll be regretting spending a ton of stardust on weaker pokemon of course thats all maybes but if it dose happen youll wish you didnt waste the stardust

It was important in the old gym system where it meant a higher spot in the gym, but it is fairly unimportant in regular fights because of how the rounding on attack damage works. This means the IV differential needs to be quite big. Way bigger than it is worth powering up a low level high IV Pokémon.

Top Bottom