• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

J-Tier

So what are the chances of seeing Metamorpho/Element Man or Beast Boy as DLC characters?

I seem to recall BB getting beaten within an inch of his life in the Injustice comics, but don't know if we were told that he had died afterwards.
I can safely say that Metamorpho has almost no chance of being in this game.

BB has a chance, but is unlikely. Very unlikely.

Ryce

L7Mkyzw.png

Is that Grundy in the cell behind Two-Face?

sinkfla87

This guide should help you save a picture via the web browser for the Community background!

Your speculation about Batman making a sacrifice of some kind is totally believable and would be an unexpected twist. Maybe we'll have to make that choice, if there are multiple paths/endings to the campaign. I do hope though, as you do, that the narrative isn't too predictable and there are some surprises to be found.

Ahh thanks for that! I was fumbling around trying to get images from Injustice 2 off Google for the community since as of now the icon and background are so outdated hahaha. Anyone who currently jumps in to consider joining is greeted by my low res image of Batman's chin :(. I haven't been on yet today but I'm going to try to work on it (I called in sick last night oops).

No, this is me.

Hi, Steve! :) I sincerely thank you for all you do for the community, I know the streams/breakdowns just by themselves are a lot of work. Now I won't be reading off topic and wondering how you are posting while demonstrating a character at the same time lol.

It's sad when even info of a games file size is news haha. But 27gb isn't bad at all.

Marvel

could never
I know it's another Batman villain but I'd love Two-Face. Could have done something cool with a gun and the coin ala Erron Black, but Deadshot has that kinda thing covered I guess.

Garlador

People always complain about over-design, so why not put in some of those classic animated style ones. You can't get any less over-designed than those.
I really do like how simple they are. I'm sure part of it is nostalgia, but there's also a reason Alex Ross can make simple designs like these soar.

J-Tier

I know it's another Batman villain but I'd love Two-Face. Could have done something cool with a gun and the coin ala Erron Black, but Deadshot has that kinda thing covered I guess.
Yeah, I secretly want like 10 other Batman villains myself, including Two-Face.

He could be the stereotypical mobster type character throwing molotovs, summoning henchmen, blasting with a sawed-off shotgun, smacking you around with a baseball bat, slitting your throat with a pocket knife as a grab etc. Then his gimmicks would be a coin toss that creates 50/50 high/low situations.

sinkfla87

Yeah, I secretly want like 10 other Batman villains myself, including Two-Face.

He could be the stereotypical mobster type character throwing molotovs, summoning henchmen, blasting with a sawed-off shotgun, smacking you around with a baseball bat, slitting your throat with a pocket knife as a grab etc. Then his gimmicks would be a coin toss that creates 50/50 high/low situations.

Honestly, everything you just wrote sold me on two face lol. I would totally be fine with his inclusion. I do expect that 1 or 2 dlc characters will come completely out of left field and surprise everyone.

Ryce

NRS always gives us a few unexpected (yet sensible) picks as DLC. Batgirl and Zod are among some of DC's most well-known characters, but nobody was expecting them for the first game. I feel like we're going to get at least one iconic character who lacks Internet chatter, like Bizarro or Penguin.

vg260

I really do like how simple they are. I'm sure part of it is nostalgia, but there's also a reason Alex Ross can make simple designs like these soar.

Even if they have material texture, that's fine. It would just be nice to have a classic look without all the armor prices. The 70s style Batman in Arkham City was great.

sinkfla87

NRS always gives us a few unexpected (yet sensible) picks as DLC. Batgirl and Zod are among some of DC's most well-known characters, but nobody was expecting them for the first game. I feel like we're going to get at least one iconic character who lacks Internet chatter, like Bizarro or Penguin.

Penguin would be so weird but I could totally see that. I remember when we found out Batgirl and Zod were in IJ1 as dlc I was completely surprised which is nice, and I kind of want that same surprise. Of course I'm still rooting for Constantine though lol. And how about an Azrael premiere skin for Batman?

vg260

I'm don't have a problem with the Batman characters so far, unlike a lot of people, but Penguin would push me over, probably Two-Face too. I had enough of them in the Arkham games.

sinkfla87

I'm don't have a problem with the Batman characters so far, unlike a lot of people, but Penguin would push me over, probably Two-Face too. I had enough of them in the Arkham games.

True lol. There are differently some other avenues of DC that deserve some recognition. While we know that not every character will have a premiere skin (never thought as much), what are some premiere skins that you/everyone would want to see or think logically have a chance?

Batman - Azreal
Green Arrow - Red Arrow

And my brain goes kerplunk...

vg260

Yeah, I can't even think of many character-swap premiere skins that actually work.

Most of the ones I want are simply the kind of skins we got in the last game.

With games as a service really having evolved since MKX's release I wouldn't be surprised for new modes etc to show up after release as well.

J-Tier

Bring me Toyman!
He would be a really neat Superman villain actually.
I would like to see him with a design that's kind of the middle ground between the creepy DCAU version above and the modern iteration (with nods to the black and yellow classic).

I can see him summoning life-sized Kryptonite toy soldiers, drive RC cars that can shoot, throw teddy bears that explode, shock you with a hand buzzer, cut you up with a bladed yo-yo, throw silly putty that sticks you to the ground, throw laser shooting Rubik's cube, shoot acid out of a watergun, throw jacks on the ground like caltrops, get you entangled in a slinky...I could go on and on. The super could be either him getting into a retro-future mech and beaming you or getting into a giant cymbal-banging monkey and smashing you a bunch of times between the cymbals.

sinkfla87

With games as a service really having evolved since MKX's release I wouldn't be surprised for new modes etc to show up after release as well.

I REALLY really hope they do this. This game with the way it's been made really calls for a long, healthy lifespan.

I'm thinking we should set a GAF Injustice 2 gear enabled tournament up for either the Friday or Saturday the week of release. Who's down?

I would be up for a tournament but not a gear-enabled one. It'd just take too much effort to learn how to use and play against moves that I would never use again.

Gleethor

We talking premiere skins? Aight.

Cyborg Superman (Superman)
Ocean Master (Aquaman)
Nite Owl (Batman, Batwing super changed to Archie)
Merlyn (Green Arrow)
The Brain + Monsieur Mallah (Grodd)

vg260

I REALLY really hope they do this. This game with the way it's been made really calls for a long, healthy lifespan.

I'm thinking we should set a GAF Injustice 2 gear enabled tournament up for either the Friday or Saturday the week of release. Who's down?

It'll be interesting to see if they keep their 2-year cycle going. I don't really think another MK is needed in two years. I hope they just do an MKX update and keep I2 support longer. That or a horror icon game.

It'll be interesting to see if they keep their 2-year cycle going. I don't really think another MK is needed in two years. I hope they just do an MKX update and keep I2 support longer. That or a horror icon game.
It's the MK anniversary this year so I expect some sort of game, even just a port or remaster to be announced before Christmas.

vg260

It's the MK anniversary this year so I expect some sort of game, even just a port or remaster to be announced before Christmas.

I don't follow MK that much, but what does the MK community want/expect next? Do they want a new game in 2 years? With the current pattern, we haven't gotten more than one of each per console generation.

sinkfla87

I would be up for a tournament but not a gear-enabled one. It'd just take too much effort to learn how to use and play against moves that I would never use again.

Lol, it would be a for fun type thing because I think we'd all be in the same boat on that. Unless someone goes crazy and learns and unlocks everything in five days hahaha.

Compbros

I don't follow MK that much, but what does the MK community want/expect next? Do they want a new game in 2 years? With the current pattern, we haven't gotten more than one of each per console generation.

An MK character in Injustice.

MK9 came out with 5 years into the consoles lifespan and even then MKX was planned for PS3/360 before it was cancelled. MKX came out two years after the consoles released. It's not the same really. Also technically we got 2 MK games last gen.

As a guy who wants Starro and/or one of the Metal Men...it's probably good that we don't control the roster choices.

Man, if we controlled the roster, it'd be incredible. I foresee universal praise, but also page after page of "who.gif".

NRS should throw Trophy Hunters a bone and add Platinum to the roster via DLC.

Ryce

It sucks that we're probably never going to get truly unconventional characters in an NRS game. A Capcom-developed DC fighter would surely have someone like Starro, Krypto, or Mxyzptlk.

Compbros

I think a good balance could be found, I mean there where who.gifs about Martian Manhunter on other forums. You can get known, semi-known, and obscure while still having a fantastic 28 man roster

It sucks that we're probably never going to get truly unconventional characters in an NRS game. A Capcom-developed DC fighter would surely have someone like Starro, Krypto, or Mxyzptlk.

Capcom is independent so they don't really have to please anyone but themselves and fans, NRS is owned by WB which owns DC so they have to appease their bosses as well.

Just thinking about a possible move set for Mxy makes my brain hurt. So much potential right there, even if I'm not a fan of the character.

I can't honestly say that I'd be excited by a Capcom DC fighter. NRS has proven themselves 100% capable of delivering an authentic representation of the DC universe. I don't have faith in Capcom to be able to do the same.

Ryce

Capcom is independent so they don't really have to please anyone but themselves and fans, NRS is owned by WB which owns DC so they have to appease their bosses as well.
Capcom needs Marvel's permission for its roster choices, too. Marvel turned down a lot of characters that Capcom wanted to include in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I think the lack of significantly varying character models in Injustice is more of a technical decision than an editorial one.

Khezu

An unconventional character wouldn't work at all with the mechanics NRS likes to use.

It would end up being nothing more then a gimmick that is either frustrating to fight, or completely useless.

Ryce

I'm not sure about that... It's not like they haven't done really bizarre, unconventional, and at times broken characters before.
Goro and Ferra/Torr are bipedal humanoids in the same height range as the rest of the roster, and Motaro hasn't appeared in any of NRS' recent games. I'm talking more along the lines of Shuma-Gorath, Amaterasu, and Rocket Raccoon style characters.

Khezu

If NRS tried to put someone with RR proportions into an NRS game with NRS mechanics.
NRS players would riot, and probably draw and quarter Paulo.

Compbros

Capcom needs Marvel's permission for its roster choices, too. Marvel turned down a lot of characters that Capcom wanted to include in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I think the lack of significantly varying character models in Injustice is more of a technical decision than an editorial one.

Not for Marvel 2 where you got the true unknowns like Marrow and Silver Samurai, the most obscure on Marvel's side in 3 was like MODOK and I was literally in the middle of an A.I.M. comic arc that featured him heavily when the game was released.

I doubt it's technical as much as hit/hurtbox related. For an air fighter like Marvel you can have a sentinel, how do you make a person that size work in IGAU.

sinkfla87

If NRS tried to put someone with RR proportions into an NRS game with NRS mechanics.
NRS players would riot, and probably draw and quarter Paulo.

Yeah it would be a hitbox nightmare lol.
"These combos work on everyone except this one particular character".

I just played the first game online for the very first time and only managed to win one match out of like 12. I've got a lot of work to do to prepare for this one.

sinkfla87

I just played the first game online for the very first time and only managed to win one match out of like 12. I've got a lot of work to do to prepare for this one.

You'll get used to the movements, anti-airs and all the fundamentals soon enough. Took me a while to get used to initially. I think I might jump on Injustice 1 on ps4 in a bit lol, anyone down to play?

Khezu

Pffyeah. You wouldn't have that problem with Starro.

You could do Starro, it would be goofy looking, but you could do it.

However, Starro is not a character I would think NRS would like to do.
If they did it, they would probably just use a b list space character with Starro slapped to their face, and make a combination character.

Top Bottom