• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Tyaren

So likely just one more left? Joker's Funhouse per the mobile game images?

A couple of weeks ago I saw the stage select in a video/stream and there were more than 3 placeholders left. I think it were 5. So two more stages additionally to the ones in this trailer and the Joker stage?

vg260

And then we probably get 1-3 more stages for free when DLC drops like The Pit in MKXL etc.

The Pit was the only stage they ever added, though, wasn't it?

I'm not really expecting but maybe one more max if any considering how much work probably goes into them.

vg260

A couple of weeks ago I saw the stage select in a video/stream and there were more than 3 placeholders left. I think it were 5. So two more stages additionally to the ones in this trailer and the Joker stage?
The last screen we saw had 12 spaces,
ePH6o92.png

and this was the last tally, I think.:
We know about 10:
  1. Metropolis
  2. Fortress of Solitude
  3. Gotham City
  4. Batcave
  5. Arkham Asylum
  6. Atlantis
  7. Red Sun Prison
  8. Gorilla City
  9. Slaughter Swamp
  10. Kahndaq
The last two are probably Brainiac's Skull Ship and Joker's Funhouse (as seen in some of the mobile concept art). I hate that there aren't any Wonder Woman and Green Lantern stages.

Ryce

13(2 had alternate versions)
You also have to keep in mind some/most "stages" will have multiple sections, so it technically has more.
All but two of Injustice 1's stages had multiple arenas (Atlantis and Ferris Aircraft), the same as this game. Metropolis also had a third arena.

Finally got around watching the Poison Ivy trailer. I see at least a few moves from Killer Frost in there, including the victory animation with the summoned throne. Yeah, poor Frost will never come back.

Also hold on hold on hold on... is that Jeffrey Combs voicing Brainiac?!?!?! OMG!!!
Sounded like Jeffery Combs to me. Damn good choice for a chilling Brainiac!

Alienous

Killer Frost has to come back - Netherrealm have invested too much in ice assets and effects to be done at one character and a premium skin.

Well, I guess she has to come back or Sub-Zero will be joining.

sephi22

Was anyone else really apathetic about this game and got won over eventually? I played the shit out of Injustice 1 in the first couple months, maining 3 characters (Grundy, Aquaman and Ares) and reaching top 20 on the PSN leaderboards, even to the point that I fucked up my first semester grades in graduate school, but I got burnt out on it soon after.

The gear system sent some red flags, and I didn't care about the story or any of the characters since Injustice 1 kind of made everyone unlikeable to me. Man of Steel syndrome.

But with every new trailer and stream, NRS has kind of sold me on it. After giving up on SFV, I was going to 'main' KOF14 till Tekken 7, and make Injustice 2 a side distraction till T7 comes out, but now I feel like IJ2 is going to be my main game and Tekken a side distraction.

They've really upped their game in terms of visuals and character models. This game has some of the best stages I've ever seen in a 2d/3d game. The character models are amazing and the supers are god tier. I think the Flash super was the one that finally flipped the switch in my brain.

I just hope NRS don't go back on their gear microtransaction promise (even lootboxes containing gear is a no-no). Also, I hope they continue to balance the gear sets after launch just like they balance the competitive mode. Injustice 1 was very broken by the end of its life cycle with constant 50/50s. Even if the game reaches a state of balance that's seen in the current version of MK XL, I'd be very, very pleased.

EDIT: I miss Grundy. I still think he's the best and most creative rendition of the grappler archetype in any fighting game. Fuck Gief, Tager or Potemkin. Even Swamp Thing doesn't compare. Full screen ex swamp hands to full combo leading to anti-chip chain grab then turtling full screen away watching online deathstrokes struggle to chip me to death was a thing of beauty.

Khezu

Out of all the Vets from I1, I think Grundy deserves to be returning DLC then anyone else.

Having him and Swamp Thing together would be amazing.

Out of all the Vets from I1, I think Grundy deserves to be returning DLC then anyone else.

What? No way. Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Shazam, Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Hawkgirl and Deathstroke all deserve to be in the game well ahead of Grundy. If you'd ask me I'd take Doomsday and Zod before as well but I know they're not as popular or relevant.
Though of course the first game's DLC characters won't get brought back, but there's still plenty of characters that need to be in the game long before Grundy gets a spot.

Everyone deserves to come back. :(

That would be the best of both worlds, alas Manhunter, Zatanna, Lobo, Zod and Batgirl won't ever come back until Injustice 3.

Khezu

What? No way. Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Shazam, Sinestro, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Hawkgirl and Deathstroke all deserve to be in the game well ahead of Grundy. If you'd ask me I'd take Doomsday and Zod before as well but I know they're not as popular or relevant.
Though of course the first game's DLC characters won't get brought back, but there's still plenty of characters that need to be in the game long before Grundy gets a spot.

That would be the best of both worlds, alas Manhunter, Zatanna, Lobo, Zod and Batgirl won't ever come back until Injustice 3.

Grundy > Deathstroke > Shazam > Doomsday > Sinestro.

The rest were filler.

Martian was the most annoying character, so he never gets to come back.

Ryce

Nightwing should be a purely acrobatic Eskrima stick fighter. He doesn't need a Tim Drake staff stance to slow him down.

Ryce

I get the impression that next week's non-Watchtower stream might be a live airing of the first DLC trailer. The first MKX DLC characters were revealed three weeks before launch.

Top Bottom