• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Ronin Ray

Thanks!

Where is your inner child?

Sorry I didn't see warrior as a kid he was a little before my time so I don't have those nostalgia glasses because everything I have ever seen of him was complete garbage and don't ask me about racist piece of shit Hogan . I have gone back and seen wrestling from that era and guys like Macho Man , Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man were so much better .

Samoa Joe was interviewed by Helen Yee of Eyes on the Game recently and, naturally, she brought up his friendship with former WWE star turned mixed martial artist CM Punk. When asked if they talked after Joe finally made it to WWE, he revealed what his old traveling buddy said:

"...

Good guy punk

Shame ROH doesn't have a streaming service. Seems like money on the table

Punk return confirm.

Ithil

I think this is a good sum of and what I was thinking. I know JJ is garbage, but HHH got a lot more title runs and control than JJ ever did. He just really seems to be the very definition of overrated corporate yes man who got the pushes.

Regarding NXT, even if you disassociate HHH the wrestler and HHH the corporate guy, I still think overall this sub is iffy on what he's done in NXT. A lot of people here have pointed out it's been shaky since Dusty left and I think you can argue since HHH has tried to make it a bigger brand than what it is it's been less than stellar. I know i know, the roster split didn't help, but its a kidn of poor excuse. HHH should have known that was coming and have been better prepared, but he wasn't.

HHH did say before that his original idea after the brand split was announced was to fill the inevitable gaps in NXT with the CWC signings, but then suddenly it was decided RAW needed a cruiserweight division out of nowhere so that went out the window.

So he lost half his NXT roster, then lost his back-up roster too.

So what's everyone favorite wrestling weapon and least favorite ?

Agree with most of yours, I'll add

favorite:
Using the title
What does everybody want!?
HEAD
Things that obviously cause no damage so it's more of an insult. ie Christmas presents, throwing food in their face
edit: add metal pans. Worked metal pans that dent easy, I don't really care to see brains actually scramble

least favorite
legos
cast (crutches are ok)
anything that has been inside the wrestlers pants for the whole match, ugh that shit must smell to high heaven

HHH did say before that his original idea after the brand split was announced was to fill the inevitable gaps in NXT with the CWC signings, but then suddenly it was decided RAW needed a cruiserweight division out of nowhere so that went out the window.

So he lost half his NXT roster, then lost his back-up roster too.

I may be a dick in saying this but I don't believe anything coming out of top brass' mouth at WWE. They have damage control down to an art.

Ithil

I may be a dick in saying this but I don't believe anything coming out of top brass' mouth at WWE. They have damage control down to an art.

Judging by the absolute lack of anything they had for the cruiserweight division, I can 100% believe it was a last minute idea to fill time on RAW that just came because the CWC episodes were airing at that time. They had no ideas for that beyond purple ropes.

So what's everyone favorite wrestling weapon and least favorite ?
Both at once.
a294653ae03ce345d66f7e65c213588e.353x259x66.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like most of the weapons listed on both love and hate.

The only one I really don't like is the woman's shoe. A steel toed boot? Perfect dastardly weapon. A high heeled used as a bludgeon? Give me a break brother.

Acosta

Sorry I didn't see warrior as a kid he was a little before my time so I don't have those nostalgia glasses because everything I have ever seen of him was complete garbage and don't ask me about racist piece of shit Hogan . I have gone back and seen wrestling from that era and guys like Macho Man , Rick Rude, Jake the Snake, Million Dollar Man were so much better .

I don't think is about nostalgia glasses. Warrior and Hogan got the biggest pops and they contributed hugely to make WWF popular outside USA for first time.

Warriors promos got you pumped, it was jiggerish, but it was awesome jiggerish that sounded cool and energetic. Warrior was like Conan on a mix of LSD and Cocaine and that was the charm for me.

The quality of their combats can be discussed (and I am certainly not the one to do it, my understanding of wrestling is very limited), but in terms of characters, they were the top of the top.

RIP George "The Animal" Steel

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/george-steele-dies/

More sad news from the world of pro wrestling today as Jim Myers, better known as WWE Hall of Famer George ‘The Animal' Steele, has reportedly passed away at age 79. The news of Steele's condition was first shared on Eric Simms of ESS Promotions' Facebook page, and an update on Thursday evening mentioned that the WWF legend had been moved to hospice care. On Friday, both he and Hulk Hogan first tweeted news of Steele's passing, as well as a family friend who posted on Facebook. The news was later confirmed by WWE.

I don't really cringe at these kind of spots as badly as I do others. The ones that really, really get to me are the ones where forks or sticks or anything are stuck into people's heads. Those ones just fucking make me shudder.

Heroman

Banned
I don't think is about nostalgia glasses. Warrior and Hogan got the biggest pops and they contributed hugely to make WWF popular outside USA for first time.

Warriors promos got you pumped, it was jiggerish, but it was awesome jiggerish that sounded cool and energetic. Warrior was like Conan on a mix of LSD and Cocaine and that was the charm for me.

The quality of their combats can be discussed (and I am certainly not the one to do it, my understanding of wrestling is very limited), but in terms of characters, they were the top of the top.
Hogan sure but warrior wasn't the reason why WWE got popular.

Ronin Ray

Sorry but I am sure you where a kid when those guys where on top and it adds to there larger then life feel for you. Same way the guys I looked up to when I was a kid and everyone else . I think Macho Man is better then both of those guys at everything. Hulk Hogan definitely made wrestling big but I don't care. Sorry he is a terrible human being and a garbage wrestler.

Striker

So Triple H defeated:

Booker T
Scott Steiner
Goldberg
Sting

Did Triple H ever flat out destroy DDP or Nash? Triple H never got his win back over Hogan did he?
From Mania 03 until SummerSlam 03, Triple H was in:

Win over Booker T to retain the title
Win over Michaels, Nash and Booker T in a six man tag
Loss via DQ to Nash
Win over Nash in a HiaC match
Win over Goldberg (first match with him) and others in the first EC match

He's. The. Worst.

Am I the only one who never thought those sledge hammer shoots looked damaging ? They always looked dumb and weak to me
That's why it's a horrible gimmick of a prop.

Hasney

No more garbage wrestling please.

This thread would die without WWE though.

Judging by the absolute lack of anything they had for the cruiserweight division, I can 100% believe it was a last minute idea to fill time on RAW that just came because the CWC episodes were airing at that time. They had no ideas for that beyond purple ropes.

Yup, and since the cruiserweights are now very clearly a Vince McMahon hands-on project, I totally believe it.

Top Bottom