• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Was gonna post that too, but didn't see it until right as I had to go do something.

I really like Alter-S, I hope it's in the new CS game. Wonder if they plan a Next Order sequel with it too.

The Zuba line needs to be in a game or two, I love that line as much as Hackmons. Plan on getting the 20th Anni. V-Pet to raise it and Hackmon. Getting Alter-S in it will be nice too.

I think Zubamon and his line have a really good chance of getting in HM, since it's landing on the 20th anniversary. Or at least a Zubamon -> Durandamon like they did with Hackmon.

Alter-S is a little tricky because you could say they kind of already have his model, but his counterpart is different enough that he would still take time and work to add. I do think he has a good chance though.

It would be cool to get BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon too, but man, am I tired of different versions of WarGreymon. I would want some others to get in before them.

I think Zubamon and his line have a really good chance of getting in HM, since it's landing on the 20th anniversary. Or at least a Zubamon -> Durandamon like they did with Hackmon.

Alter-S is a little tricky because you could say they kind of already have his model, but his counterpart is different enough that he would still take time and work to add. I do think he has a good chance though.

It would be cool to get BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon too, but man, am I tired of different versions of WarGreymon. I would want some others to get in before them.

I was working on a list for my hopes for Hacker's Memory, and I had gotten well over the amount they'll have in the game and was still not able to fit a ton of Digimon that I really want in.

Like, I'm glad that we're getting over 320 Digimon, but I just know there's going to be tons of disappointing absences no matter what. On the plus side, they can keep using these models for years and years, so we should keep getting more new Digimon each year in the games.

I was working on a list for my hopes for Hacker's Memory, and I had gotten well over the amount they'll have in the game and was still not able to fit a ton of Digimon that I really want in.

Like, I'm glad that we're getting over 320 Digimon, but I just know there's going to be tons of disappointing absences no matter what. On the plus side, they can keep using these models for years and years, so we should keep getting more new Digimon each year in the games.

Oh man, I know it. When you start thinking they should add certain evolution lines, or an entire group like the Olympos XII, the available spaces dwindle quickly.

I do like the choices they are making so far though. CatchMamemon and Dinobeemon were not the new Digimon I was expecting. (The hints of Bancho are pretty encouraging.)

Tusk

He looks good.

satellamon_march23_2017.jpg

BlitzGreymon is atleast a pretty unique one. I'd be a little disappointed if they only added Zubamon and Durandamon, especially after finally getting Hackmons Adult and Perfect forms. Which I'm also so excited about. My biggest gripe with CS and N0 was the lack of the adult and perfect forms.

I was looking around the other day to see if I could find any places that still had the V-pet up for pre-order, but I wasn't having much luck. But I really do want one, especially with all the stuff they're adding.

Wasn't it getting another run of pre-orders? or did those already stop?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Appmon ep 24

Pretty good ep! The second half of the show is starting, as now we have our episode count. I also was like "Fluffy? Was that a Harry Potter reference?" aaaand yes it was! I think there was a Lord of the Rings reference in there too :p

L subs... I like them, but I hate how "Astra" is now "Asutora" etc. No more "Roleplaymon" and things like that, either.

Appmon's new OP and ED. The new ending is fully animated and cute!

Also, is it just me or is the intro implying
Hackmon is Hajime?

I had the same thought. And it would possibly line up with one bit from Episode 25.

Definitely hinting some pretty sinister things with Yuujin, too. I had originally thought that we'd get a reveal and then things would be resolved and he'd join the team, but I guess we're getting it the other way around and he's going to be joining as a potential traitor.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know, what happened to Sleepmon? He was hanging out with Mienumon early on but then he disappeared---

I actually think he's Hajime as Hackmon seems too obvious...

Definitely hinting some pretty sinister things with Yuujin, too. I had originally thought that we'd get a reveal and then things would be resolved and he'd join the team, but I guess we're getting it the other way around and he's going to be joining as a potential traitor.

I was expecting it to be the former too. If the latter's the case, consider me more intrigued by that plot line. It would be interesting development for Haru.

You know, what happened to Sleepmon? He was hanging out with Mienumon early on but then he disappeared---

I actually think he's Hajime as Hackmon seems too obvious...
It does seem too obvious and could be a red herring. He could be that white-haired boy or another Appmon.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Couple bits of Appmon stuff from WtW.

Cover of the manga in color. It releases today in Japan.

There are also character sheets at the link. You can see what Hackmon looks like under the hood.

I really like that manga art style! (Sure wish we had Digimon manga localized in english to buy...)

Also, Hackmon is a cute dragon underneath :) Too bad he didn't take his hood off more! Opposite of Gabumon (the naked dinosaur-thing).

I really like that manga art style! (Sure wish we had Digimon manga localized in english to buy...)

Also, Hackmon is a cute dragon underneath :) Too bad he didn't take his hood off more! Opposite of Gabumon (the naked dinosaur-thing).

Poor Gabumon. He was right to be self-conscious.

I know we've seen a poorer quality version of him hoodless and I've heard talk of it before, but it's interesting to me how much Hackmon looks like the other Hackmon(Huckmon).

XGvBQbo.jpg

It's like they wanted to make a hacking Appmon, realized the name "ハックモン" was already taken, and decided to base his design off of that. They just made him "cuter" and in different colors.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Gabumon. He was right to be self-conscious.

I know we've seen a poorer quality version of him hoodless and I've heard talk of it before, but it's interesting to me how much Hackmon looks like the other Hackmon(Huckmon).

XGvBQbo.jpg

It's like they wanted to make a hacking Appmon, realized the name "ハックモン" was already taken, and decided to base his design off of that. They just made him "cuter" and in different colors.

Oh I didn't realized that they were actually spelled differently. Reminds me a bit of the Raidramon/Lightdramon thing, even though that was the dub's end of mistranslating it. Just weird that now we have a REAL Raidramon :p

New tri poster:

tripart5poster_mq_april5_2017.jpg

But no release date other than 2017.

I kinda figured Meicoomon mega did have "knight"-like face like Omegamon and Imperialdramon FM, but now its clearly visible.

20th Anniversary DigiColle figures are up for pre-order on BBTS and Crunchyroll (for different prices?). Unfortunately, it's of Tokomon and Koromon who already have multiple figures, but these do look to have a special metallic paint.

YtuaxuW.jpg

via WtW

I'm still hoping for Armadimon and Hawkmon. Those two are forever shafted.

There is also a new Appliarise figure.for Shutmon. I don't think I've ever posted those figures here, but they are pretty neat with their switchable parts.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
20th Anniversary DigiColle figures are up for pre-order on BBTS and Crunchyroll (for different prices?). Unfortunately, it's of Tokomon and Koromon who already have multiple figures, but these do look to have a special metallic paint.

YtuaxuW.jpg

via WtW

I'm still hoping for Armadimon and Hawkmon. Those two are forever shafted.

Oh yeah, I guess Armadimon and Hawkmon didn't even get any figures from those mini boxes, either. I mean, Miyako and Iori were not exactly fan-favorites of 02... I just like how even Juri is getting a figure before then (but I still need Jen!!)

I did pre-order those figures off Crunchyroll (didn't know BBTS even sold the online exclusives!) Big in Japan usually does too, but with a limited quantity, so I just started getting off the CR store for slightly cheaper. Still debating on the Sakuyamon one though... I'm actually glad the Koromon and Tokomon are being reprinted! Originally they were mail-in bonus figures when you bought the original Taichi/Yamato and Hikari/Takeru figures, I believe.

So after watching Appmon ep 27 I think we can all agree
that Offmon's the cutest. The episode went from deathly serious to funny and cute in like 10 sec.

Interesting news and something I didn't think about because Linkz isn't over in the West. Thanks to WtW for the images and pointing it out.

Added Digimon that could point to additions in Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. Linkz uses CS models, so it stands to reason the reverse could be true.

Originally this was just the new Vobomon and Volcanicdramon (with the gaps between them being added).

But now we have more... interesting additions. Mainly, Chimairamon and Millenniumon.

Now obviously, this isn't proof they'll be in the next CS, but I think there's a good chance. Chaosdramon and Vobomon's Adult and Perfect forms are also at the link if you want to see them.

Interesting news and something I didn't think about because Linkz isn't over in the West. Thanks to WtW for the images and pointing it out.

Added Digimon that could point to additions in Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory. Linkz uses CS models, so it stands to reason the reverse could be true.

Originally this was just the new Vobomon and Volcanicdramon (with the gaps between them being added).

But now we have more... interesting additions. Mainly, Chimairamon and Millenniumon.

Now obviously, this isn't proof they'll be in the next CS, but I think there's a good chance. Chaosdramon and Vobomon's Adult and Perfect forms are also at the link if you want to see them.

Its a possibility, but wasnt there also model for Pandamon in that game aswell? As far as I know that hasnt been released yet even though model data has been available for many months.

Then again one is kind of obscure and the other one is part of very popular line so who knows.

Vobomon line however looks like Linkz exclusive so I'm not sure if they are priority. Then again they ported Next Order stuff to Linkz to who knows. Also Vobomon line has small syndrome of "it just gets bigger".

Its a possibility, but wasnt there also model for Pandamon in that game aswell? As far as I know that hasnt been released yet even though model data has been available for many months.

Then again one is kind of obscure and the other one is part of very popular line so who knows.

Vobomon line however looks like Linkz exclusive so I'm not sure if they are priority. Then again they ported Next Order stuff to Linkz to who knows. Also Vobomon line has small syndrome of "it just gets bigger".

Ah yeah, you're right. I remember hearing about Pandamon. There is a good chance I forgot/didn't hear about others too. Shows how much I follow Linkz news.

I can't say I care much about Vobomon or his chances/exclusivity. I'd much rather have an older evolution line like Coronamon's than a new, barely changing dragon line. Milleniumon is really the one that interests me the most. While I could imagine Chimairamon making it in, I never thought we'd see Milleniumon so soon.

Then again we're getting CatchMamemon, so I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

I would love this. It's also possible Chimairamon and Millenniumon might show up as antagonists I guess. But there's even less evidence for that of course.

I still hope the Bancho Digimon make it in, especially Banchomamemon.

New tri poster:

tripart5poster_mq_april5_2017.jpg

But no release date other than 2017.

I kinda figured Meicoomon mega did have "knight"-like face like Omegamon and Imperialdramon FM, but now its clearly visible.

First two thoughts while quickly scrolling down and seeing this:

Why is Zudomon on the poster?
Why does Ophanimon have horns for nipples?

So, some thoughts on Episode 28, and the potential future of the series.
I'm increasingly convinced that Yuujin is some sort of android/cyborg with a sophisticated AI thinking he's human. His mom is definitely in on whatever is going on. And when you consider that Shutmon is a forced termination app, things start to look potentially worrying for him. Rei seems to have some idea of what is up with Yuujin, too.
It's still early, but that would be a really interesting twist, and it would definitely fit everything we've seen so far.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Appmon ep 27

Well it was kind of obvious who the next Appmon user would be, since Japan loves spoiling things in opening sequences :p I still wonder why they made Yuujin really suspicious in the first few eps? They really painted him as some sort of future villian that the protag wasn't aware of. Then we find out "I was so worried about you all along!"
So why did it make him look so creepy doing it? :p I wasn't convinced, even during their one ep together. Just... a weird execution of it :/

There's a yt video with 100K views about Tai and Hikari incest being canon in Adventure what the ever living fuck?

It was based on some bs blurry images(and mistranslated apparently) from 4chan of an 'interview' of the director of our war game and the episode where tai goes back to the digital world.
Basically the weirdos of the anime community got behind it and even though there's practically nothing to go off of, the man-childs etc are being very weird about it. MarcFBR(owner of withthewill) posted this on reddit :

No, it really wasn't.

It's a not great photo of an interview. Every decent translator I know of won't translate it because the scan isn't clean enough, and the only translation we have is a 'meh' quality Chinese to English translation, when we don't even know the quality of the original Japanese to Chinese translation in the first place.

We already know the translation is wrong because the 'one' part we have zoomed in elsewhere, which has been translated better, doesn't match what the original person says it is.

This is all based on someone who is a poor translator seeing the word 'husband' in the same paragraph as the word 'brother.'

To say nothing of the fact it's likely they 'sweetened' their translation to sound more incesty.

TL;DR - Weabos looking for adult stuff in a cartoon aimed at children & teens.

It was based on some bs blurry images(and mistranslated apparently) from 4chan of an 'interview' of the director of our war game and the episode where tai goes back to the digital world.
Basically the weirdos of the anime community got behind it and even though there's practically nothing to go off of, the man-childs etc are being very weird about it. MarcFBR(owner of withthewill) posted this on reddit :

Oh thank god.

Because Saviourhackmon and Jesmon look so damn identical I almost didnt notice that Saviourhackmon was confirmed for Hacker's Memory. Thank god he is Fire element so I could notice that.

So Hackmon got its full line. About time?

Huh, I suppose this is what Team Four Star was making fun of in their April Fools Digimon abridged thingy last year.

I-hate-u

Is that the same one from the other thread because if so it's a real translation of a fake interview from a fake book page.

Aka it's fake. Don't discuss. Because it's fake and laughable.

It upsets me greatly that there are people out there who are trying to ruin childhood memories in the most villainous way possible.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
....so anyways in other news of fake story slash coupling stuff...

I went into a Japanese grocery store and saw that they actually had some Digimon Applimon Bandai Kids figures! These ones here. Apparently Digimon haven't even had Kids made since Frontier! I love these little chibi finger puppet things! I have a bunch of Pokemon ones and they are cheap and super collectible! I was hoping to getting anything but Roleplaymon (since these ones are actual blind boxes), and I got Dogatchmon! Pretty nice :) Didn't even know that Applimon had Kids.

That stupid incest thing had a thread here? Ugh... anyway...

New info on Hacker's Memory:

http://gematsu.com/2017/04/digimon-...y-introduces-new-characters-erika-mishima-fei

Griffomon confirmed

It appears that new character called Erika Mishima has Wormmon as partner. At this point there are wayyy too many line connections so the theory on Banchos appearing is a damn good one. Also pretty other missing line Digimons aswell, so we will probably get Monochromon for Triceramon.

So, encouragingly enough, Bamco US and Digimon Games Twitter released English screenshots of this news today.

A good sign, I'd say. Here are some of them. (I'll pretend I don't see GoldGuardromon there.)

....so anyways in other news of fake story slash coupling stuff...

I went into a Japanese grocery store and saw that they actually had some Digimon Applimon Bandai Kids figures! These ones here. Apparently Digimon haven't even had Kids made since Frontier! I love these little chibi finger puppet things! I have a bunch of Pokemon ones and they are cheap and super collectible! I was hoping to getting anything but Roleplaymon (since these ones are actual blind boxes), and I got Dogatchmon! Pretty nice :) Didn't even know that Applimon had Kids.

Those are pretty cute. I'm surprised they have Roleplaymon over Musimon.

Aaaaahahaha Gold Guardromon, those madmen.

I mean I guess he should make appereance since he is a brand new Digimon from 2016. Honestly he was very weird. He was Unknown type in Next Order for some reason. Usually thats for Viruses like Keramon line. You'd think it would have some cool lore, but I think he is Unknown type because they didn't bother to give him one. Also he was Champion in a game that had too many Champions and not enough Ultimates.

Thats 22 of 71, somewhat revealed already.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know I was wondering if Gold Guardromon was made for Next Order as he's the only re-color I didn't recognize.

Guardromon (Gold) in? Ahahaha. I can't wait to see the meltdown from the Operation Decode group. I think they still haven't shut up about his existence.

I'm fine with this if only because I enjoy the bitter tears from people who hate recolors. Now please put Tsukaimon and Psychemon in the game, too.

You know I was wondering if Gold Guardromon was made for Next Order as he's the only re-color I didn't recognize.

Yes, it was completely new one.

The Vita version was even more questionable because it had same evolutions as normal one except LESS.

The only thing I guess is becase Next Order had only 1 machine type Champion so they needed more. But like, use one of Cyber Sleuth's Machine-mons that were modeled...

Gematsu has some more screens.

He was, which is part of the reason why people dislike him. Recolors don't take a "slot" away from other Digimon, so I don't mind them (I actively like some), but after they said they were trying to avoid recolors in Cyber Sleuth, I'm surprised they are including a not-so-beloved one in Hacker's Memory.

The new MC has actually kinda funny face and new female doesn't dress questionably so thats good.

But regarding Guardromon Gold...

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth-Hackers-Memory_2017_04-20-17_008.jpg_600.jpg

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth-Hackers-Memory_2017_04-20-17_009.jpg_600.jpg

If Im not wrong, thats a new win pose and new Special Attack animation. So that means they are actually wasting their efforts on him. Why
make him Ultimate atleast

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Does anyone else think that Coronamon's line has gotten the short end of the stick? The last time they popped up in a game was, what, 7 years ago (Lost World)? I think it is about time that they got some love. :(

Top Bottom