• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why's nobody talking about the videos that has come out of the Avengers: Infinity War filming in Edinburgh, England? A theory is that Black Widow has been hiding there, and Iron Man, Doctor Strange and Vision are going to retrieve her, but as we see in the video and photos Vision gets injured, apparently by an unknown Order who has come for his infinity stone.

what videos? this is the first I'm hearing of this...

El Topo

Why's nobody talking about the videos that has come out of the Avengers: Infinity War filming in Edinburgh, England? A theory is that Black Widow has been hiding there, and Iron Man, Doctor Strange and Vision are going to retrieve her, but as we see in the video and photos Vision gets injured, apparently by an unknown Order who has come for his infinity stone.

I don't see any links in your post...

Edit:
Here are clips and some more info.

I guess its a less conspicuous place to hide than Chicago, Canada.

Pachimari

When are you guys gonna watch GotG2? I got a ticket for April 27.

Anyway, here's some new character posters:

Cf4lzgu.jpg

A banner too:

Pachimari

Did we cover this? Michael Pena revealed on the red carpet to his latest film CHIPS, that he will do Ant-Man and the Wasp after his filmed Extinction:

“So, I’m doing Extinction next, that’s a Universal movie. And then I’m doing Ant-Man, Part 2"

YouTube.

Neoxon

Certain theaters are doing a double-feature for GotG Vol. 1 & 2, hence the image (as seen on James Gunn's Twitter). I know my local Cinemark is doing it, but I already got IMAX tickets for another theater (plus I already have Vol. 1 on Blu-Ray).

TDLink

DCEU is in OT3 already.

COME ON GUYS! WE NEED TO FIX THIS.

People have more to say when there's stuff to crap on (and hardcore fans have more to defend). I don't think we need to be in competition with them, especially when the MCU is clearly so much better off.

Somebody did float the idea of having one large superhero movie thread, similar to how the comics thread operates. Partly to include movies that don't fall under Marvel Studios or DC, like the Fox properties. But some people here and some people there couldn't let the silly DC vs Marvel thing go. It'd have been fun to talk BS with a larger group. This thread mostly seems to stick to news, and that's fine too.

Speaking of news, it's sounding like a new Spider-Man trailer is coming real soon.

Pachimari

Somebody did float the idea of having one large superhero movie thread, similar to how the comics thread operates. Partly to include movies that don't fall under Marvel Studios or DC, like the Fox properties. But some people here and some people there couldn't let the silly DC vs Marvel thing go. It'd have been fun to talk BS with a larger group. This thread mostly seems to stick to news, and that's fine too.

To hell with that idea. It's fine as it is now. People who wanna discuss all things Fox and Sony can create such a community thread as well.

TDLink

Speaking of news, it's sounding like a new Spider-Man trailer is coming real soon.

Yeah the cavalcade of new posters usually indicates a new trailer about to drop. Would be surprised if we don't see a new Spidey trailer in the next week. Either way we'll for sure get one in April to attach to GotG 2. Should get our first Thor trailer in a few weeks too for the same reason.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Using my musical taste-maker talents and going off Civil War + the first Homecoming trailer, I've OFFICIALLY devised my list of artists Spider-Man probaby listens to in his spare time.

alt-J
MGMT
The 1975
Glass Animals
The National
Lorde
Arcade Fire
Bon Iver
Justice
Crystal Castles
Tame Impala
Foster the People
Kid Cudi
Empire of the Sun
Diplo

Platy

Using my musical taste-maker talents and going off Civil War + the first Homecoming trailer, I've OFFICIALLY devised my list of artists Spider-Man probaby listens to in his spare time.

There is just one problem with your logic : Peter does not have spare time

SpaceWolf

Banned
Star Wars.

Painting a cohesive cinematic universe which actually includes references to their TV series within their own films long before Marvel.

My6FEXx.jpg

TDLink

Star Wars.

Painting a cohesive cinematic universe which actually includes references to their TV series within their own films long before Marvel.

My6FEXx.jpg

Star Wars is definitely doing it a lot better than Marvel seems to have any desire to do...but they still are a far cry from what anyone wants. It isn't like any major characters from their shows are actually going to show up as major characters in the movies. Cameos like that or completely re-written so they're almost unrecognizable (like Saw Gerrera) are the best they're going to ever do. You'll never see an Ahsoka or Admiral Thrawn in the movies.

Neoxon

IIRC the first one didn't come out until after the first film had. They don't want to spoil what songs are in the film. I wouldn't be worried, it will for sure happen.
But we found out what songs were in Awesome Mix Vol. 1 well before the movie came out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
IIRC the first one didn't come out until after the first film had. They don't want to spoil what songs are in the film. I wouldn't be worried, it will for sure happen.

Thats... Actually a pretty smart move. Cause I would consider knowing the tracklist before I see the movie one of the worst spoilers for the movie IMO :D

TDLink

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this show. Fingers crossed it'll be good, but given how expensive it'll be to really deliver on its premise...it'll probably some pretty substantial ratings to justify its continued renewal.

Scott Buck is showrunning it, so set your expectations low.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Well, you can't really throw out a showrunner during production, can you? At the very least, you probably can't really change anything fundamental at that point.

It was my understanding they've only started work on the feature length pilot. I would have assumed they would want to move onto another showrunner for the rest of the production of the first series, if legally possible. Maybe that's just painfully naive thinking on my part, though.

TDLink

He's still on Inhumans and there's no indication he will leave or be removed. It's likely he's a very nice guy who Marvel gets along with. Usually the things studios are concerned with first and foremost from a showrunner is delivering the project on/under budget and on time.

He's still on Inhumans and there's no indication he will leave or be removed. It's likely he's a very nice guy who Marvel gets along with. Usually the things studios are concerned with first and foremost from a showrunner is delivering the project on/under budget and on time.

This. He demonstrated he can deliver a show on budget (presumably) and on an accelerated schedule. So when they need to do the same thing for another show, it makes sense they'd go back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom